My Minecraft Mutliplayer Is Broken! HELP!

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by XxJeTbLaKxX, Apr 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

XxJeTbLaKxX

my minecraft multiplayer is broken. the reason (or atleast my theory) is that when i first started epiczones, i told it to create a new zone. then, when it didn't work, i deleted the plugin. but when i came back, i was still in the epic zones creation mode. i went to destory a block, and it disappeared, then came back a few seconds l8r. and when i place a block, it disapears a few seconds l8r. i also can not even hurt animals. i have joined other servers, and the same thing happens, even though i am approved to build. and on my server, my friend could still destroy blocks and kill animals and place blocks, but not me. i really need help. so far, the only possible fix is to make a new minecraft account, which would not be ideal, considering its $20 dollars all over again.

2. this is something completely different. a plugin wouldn't cause that. try doing something like joining a vanilla server or changing your password

3. Offline

XxJeTbLaKxX

i changed my server to a vanilla one, and i still couldn't destroy blocks. i will try the password thing.

It doesn't work still
    EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  4. Offline

mughi

does your minecraft username have any strange characters in it (spaces, periods, etc)

also, you do realize that you need to be at least 16 blocks from spawn to create/destroy blocks, unless you change spawn_size in server.properties

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

5. Offline

XxJeTbLaKxX

no. and i also am far away from spawn. and my friend can destroy blocks in the places i cant, and we are both ops.

6. Offline

mughi

if you have client mods, remove them

7. Offline

XxJeTbLaKxX

What do you mean client mods

8. Offline

mughi

9. have you ever installed something to minecraft.jar, to add something like a mini map or single player commands, or something like that? an easy way to check is (on windows), type
    %appdata%
    click on .minecraft
    go to bin
    delete everything there.
    reload minecraft, it will download some things. this WILL NOT BREAK MINECRAFT if the server is up. if not, just wait. you could also just copy these to your desktop to be safe.
    Enjoy!

10. Offline

XxJeTbLaKxX

Thanks both of you guys! I will test that out and get back to you. You are both awesome for helping me! Now my dreams of hosting a bukkit server my actually come true. You are both amazing!

11. let us know! If not, are there any errors when connecting to the server? could you please look for the thing called server.log, delete it, and then run your server. Right after all the plugins are done loading, try to connect to the server. after that, shutdown the server. then can you please copy server.log (or use the upload a file button in the bukkit forums) and post it here? Thanks!

12. Offline

XxJeTbLaKxX

No thank you. I have some friends over, so it will be a few minutes before I can get on the computer (I am on my iPod right now).

It worked! I deleted single Player commands. Thanks!

13. Offline

XxJeTbLaKxX

Hey could you recommend some plugins? I have permissions/groupmanager, essentials, and iChat(which i can't get to work for the life of me :) ).

14. Here, i'll give MY opinion frank:
    delete groupmanager, and essentials. mainly groupmanager because most things don't support it. Essentials, no offense, has code that conflicts with alot of plugins. Here is what i recommend. ill give a rating 1 to 10 for each plugin...
    Worldedit and Worldguard - 10 - almost essential to any server. really great plugins(i also like sk89q alot :p )
    CommandBook - 8 - A great general command plugin, supports permissions, is always maintained(thats another thing with plugins by sk89q, they almost always work because he is a bukkit developer and can make sure his plugins are up to date before changes come out)
    BackupPlugin(fork) - 9 - has saved me alot, easy to setup, easy to use
    nSpleef - 7 - a fun game to play :D if you don't know what spleef is, go to youtube and search minecraft spleef
    Cleaner - 10! - a old plugin, the developer left. i have a version that still works, if you need i can give it to you. its truly amazing.
    myWarp - 8 - a simple warp plugin that does what's needed. easy to setup
    TelePlus++ - 9 - a great fork of teleplus, gives plently of good tp options
    Last plugin:
    Multiverse / multiInv - allows you to have multiple worlds on your server, with multiple invintories. i actually don't have multiInv, but i might add it.

Those are some "essential" plugins imo, provides a good way to get your server off the ground. also, i recommend crafty(a bukkit tool) which gives a gui to bukkit. its absolutely amazing.

Last, if you use permissions there is a plugin called AssignPermissions which lets you edit permissions in game. this is EXTRMELY USEFUL if you have alot of new users.

Just look these up, and if you see ones you like add them! Tell me which ones you use :D
    enjoy!

15. Offline

XxJeTbLaKxX

Sorry I have to reply to this one and not the other one, it was to long :) . I don't understand, permissions creates a folder inside a plugins called group manager. Are there any mods in your list that add the word admin or something like that before a name?

16. ok, sorry about the long post :p i just wanted to get that out there, those are all great plugins. anyway... let me link you to the permissions i am talking about and you tell me if this is the same as you are. and iChat only works with permissions. heres the link
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ad...ow-with-real-multiworld-permissions-733.5974/
    this one is by far the best :D

17. Offline

XxJeTbLaKxX

yes, that is the one i have.... and when i put it in the plugin folder and run the server, it creates a folder called group manager

18. thats really weird. are you sure there is no groupmanager.jar in plugins?

19. Offline

XxJeTbLaKxX

oh, there is an essentials group manager.

20. thats pretty weird. delete the folder and run it again? can i have a screenshot of your plugins folder

21. Offline

XxJeTbLaKxX

wait, yes i do, its essentials plugins.

22. oooh. ya that makes sense. i hate essentials :p...

23. Offline

XxJeTbLaKxX

:) . Hey could you join my server? the IP is 192.168.1.104

24. thats your internal ip. go to whatsmyip.org and list the big numbers up top or no one but you will be able to get into your server ;)

25. Offline

XxJeTbLaKxX

heres the ip 189.177.105.243

26. i can't connect, but i know why. lol sorry i need to change something tomorrow.. my fault :p

27. Offline

XxJeTbLaKxX

here is the ip 5.115.111.12 and the hamachi group is xxjetblakxx and the password is 123456789

28. na, i can't connect to any minecraft server.lol. sorry!

29. Offline

XxJeTbLaKxX

oh ok. but still, you will need hamachi.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.