Problem/Bug My friend was just banned for alting with my account ? ?

Discussion in 'Forum Feedback' started by ToxicOrNah, Aug 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

ToxicOrNah

I was messing around in a thread my friend linked me, didn't have an account so I made one to mess with people. I was banned for that, which is 100% fair, but then my friend was banned for using an alt which then showed a link to my throwaway account...Do you guys just make assumptions like that to ban people or what?

P.S. Even if he did alt, nowhere does it say you can't alt in the rules.

2. Offline

ToxicOrNah

My account was SkriptGod and his was Xilencd.

3. @ToxicOrNah Those accounts don't exist, if they were banned they would still have shown up but they just don't exist.

mine-care and timtower like this.
  4. Offline

ToxicOrNah

5. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@ToxicOrNah You never said devbukkit accounts.
    Impressive to get banned within 24 hours.

bwfcwalshy likes this.
  6. Offline

ToxicOrNah

''didn't have an account so I made one to mess with people.''

Did you read what I put down at all...?

7. Offline

Not all off it to be honest. Never mess with people on here.
    Get your friend on here, then we will manage something with him, do some checks etc.

bwfcwalshy likes this.
  8. Offline

Kqrl

hello, i am the said friend

9. @Kqrl @ToxicOrNah Where you both on the same ip when you were "messing" about

10. Offline

Kqrl

i was not messing with anyone. and no, we were not on the same ip. though he was logged on to my account for a brief ammount of time since last time i went to his house i logged into my account to try to help people on the skript forum. i forgot to log out, so when he arrived on the bukkit site he was on my account, he then logged out and made the account "SkriptGod"

11. Offline

@Kqrl That probably triggered the alt account finder. Will have somebody look into it.

12. Offline

ZeldoKavira

I have unbanned http://dev.bukkit.org/profiles/Xilencd/. In the future keep in mind that using an alt account will get all accounts linked to that IP address banned on almost any site/forum across the internet. If you ever feel the need to make an "alt" account you should probably step back and reconsider what you are doing, typically it's just a waste of your life and someone else's time.

bwfcwalshy and timtower like this.
  13. Offline

ToxicOrNah

Thank you.

14. Offline

Kqrl

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.