Multiple same players on server

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by matejdro, Feb 4, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

matejdro

Can somebody tell me, what is going on here?

On our server, there are multiple players with very similar name. In tab menu, they all have numbers next to their name. But in /list menu, there are multiple players with same name. I cannot target (teleport to them etc.) any duplicates (it tells me player is not online).

2012-02-04_20.46.12.png 2012-02-04_20.46.21.png

2. Offline

Nathan C

OFFLINE mode>?

3. Offline

matejdro

No, server is in online mode. But even with offline mode, /list should display same players than tab menu right?

4. Offline

Lolmewn

What happens.. after you restart your server?

5. Offline

matejdro

i'm not sure yet (main admin was not on yet).

However, how can this happen? Also, I cannot kick any of them (it will say player kicked, but he will still be online).

6. Offline

chaseoes

A plugin has to be doing it, specifically one that handles your chat/TAB menu.

7. Offline

Phinary

Are they getting disconnected and reconnecting or something? Since your in online mode, only the player without the number actually bought minecraft. The ones with a number after it - example "sablatnik9" has not bought minecraft so some plugin is causing them to show up as online. My first guess was citizens, although it would be helpful to list your plugins

8. Offline

matejdro

I don't think that plugin is editing /list and tab menu, because when I kick him, it says "Player kicked" instead of "No players matched the query", which would it say if player is not actually online.

Anyway, here is plugin list:
    2012-02-04_22.52.32.png

9. Offline

chaseoes

VanishNoPacket had a bug that did something like this, make sure you update to the latest version. Your ChatManager/ModifyWorld plugins aren't loading right too, you might want to look into that.

Otherwise keep removing plugins until the problem goes away to figure out which one it is.

10. Offline

matejdro

Problem disappeared after restart and I don't know how to reproduce it, so I guess removing plugins one by one is not an option.

I will update VanishNoPacket and ChatManager though, thanks for info!

11. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

No it didn't. The bug would only result in adding the user's actual username to the list where they had been showing a nickname.

12. Offline

chaseoes

Strange, at least for me, it used to duplicate my name in the list when vanishing/un-vanishing.

13. Offline

mbaxter ʇıʞʞnq ɐ sɐɥ ı

It would add your actual name in cases where you had a nickname stored there. It wouldn't result in made up names with random numbers attached! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.