Multiple questions about server interaction

Discussion in 'General Help' started by CaptainDirt, Dec 1, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

CaptainDirt

Hey, I'm in need of advice on how I would one be able to interact with a plugin on a separate server on a Bungee Cord network, I know this isn't the place to ask for Bungee Cord help but I don't think you can do it with Bungee Cord. My second question is how can I get the MOTD of a separate server. Thanks.

2. Offline

97WaterPolo

CaptainDirt
    For the interaction across server, it depends what you need it for? If it is stat storing I would say MySQL database, if not you might have to make a BungeeCord plugin and have that act as a bridge.

If the server you want the MOTD of is on the same box or you have access to it, would be a lot easier just to store the string of the MOTD in a database of some sort and update it when you change it, if not you can use https://forums.bukkit.org/threads/get-player-count-and-motd-of-another-server.123219/#post-1507413

CaptainDirt likes this.
  3. Offline

CaptainDirt

97WaterPolo The code in that post just lags my server out :c
    EDIT: Never mind it works, thanks :)

4. Offline

97WaterPolo

5. Offline

CaptainDirt

97WaterPolo After playing with it for a bit I have it working nice and perfectly except, when I reload my server or try to use the method I use to ping the server it lags out. Any idea why?

6. Offline

97WaterPolo

Run it Async. If it is on the main thread, it will freeze up until the action is completed.

CaptainDirt

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.