Multi File Project - how to go about it

Discussion in 'BukkitDev Information and Feedback' started by Diemex, May 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Diemex

I was considering making my plugin extensible and putting stuff which is very specific into seperate plugins which all extend the main project. Lots of plugin authors just upload a zip file containing all of the files, but that would get quite messy if I only want to update an extension and not the whole project.

The best would be if I could use a tabbed download list like on dl.bukkit.org with a tab for every file. Zipping up all the files won't really work. Third alternative which I will probably have to do is creating a project for every extension and then linking them on the main page. Any other ideas?

2. Offline

LandonTheGeek

Diemex
    What I would do, is when you update ONE plugin, release a full project, but mark it BETA. Then, once you get the whole project done (or wherever you want the full project to be released at,) then just make one huge release. :)

I know that doesn't really support your idea, but I thought I might just give my personal input. :D

3. Offline

Diemex

The files would be independent from one another. I want to write an API with custom events which would be used by all the extensions. What would be cool, if I could maybe make a forum for the extensions and upload the files there. Maybe one could ad something so one can upload files to a forum and the files could be approved by bukkits staff as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.