Filled MOTD per World Plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by KenoVincent, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Offline

KenoVincent

I need an MOTD per World plugin. Currently there are available plugins in the plugin area but will not work properly with bukkit 1.7.9.

-The plugin can be enable or disabled in different world
    -and MOTD has multiple lines so it will hold more content.

I pray someone can fill me in?

Thanks in advance.

2. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

3. Offline

KenoVincent

It is in the IN-GAME. Like they will see an MOTD configured for the specific world.

Like:

Except it will not override the MOTD of essentials during login. Just when the go to world1 they will see the MOTD for world1 and when they go to world2 they will see the MOTD for world2..

World1 - Has diff MOTD
    World2 - Has Diff MOTD

4. Offline

KenoVincent So join message per world? Or announcement per world?

5. Offline

KenoVincent

I'm a little confused by JOIN and Announcement..

Am.. I guess when they go to a diff world in the server they will see an MOTD/Message/Announement configured to that world. I dont know if it is an announcement or a join message.

Sorry im a totally noob. But I guess what I wanted is everytime the goto a specific world they will see that message or something.

And can that be configured multiple lines like essentials motd?

6. Offline

KenoVincent

bump*

Let me rephrase what I need;

It is and MOTD per world switch. So everytime the switch to other worlds they will be able to see motd for that specific world..

I hope someome can help me here I need it badly

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2016
  7. Offline

8. Offline

CGA1123

KenoVincent

I'll do this!

EDIT: Actually the plugin mentioned by timtower should be fine!

KenoVincent likes this.
  9. Offline

KenoVincent

CGA1123

I already tried it but it has issues with 1.7.9 I wish you cn help me with this.

timtower

Thanks for the reference but I did tried it also this is why I made a request here.

10. Offline

11. Offline

KenoVincent

It will only show in the main world and most motd with perms wont show in each respective assigned worlds.

12. Offline

13. Offline

KenoVincent

Yes with specific configs and perms for only one group the owner. I was testing it for private server

14. Offline

KenoVincent Your config and permissions file? And please use the tahg or quote button if you reply to somebody

15. Offline

KenoVincent

timtower ok

CONFIG.YML
    Code:
    # Default config for MotdPerWorld.

prefix: '&a[MOTD] '
    helpMessage: "&6MotdPerWorld &9will display a different MOTD whenever you change world.\
      \ \n&9The commands for &6MotdPerWorld &9are currently: &4/motdpw help"
    world:
      message: "&6&name&9, you have entered the main world! \n&9Collect the minerals from\
        \ the world"
    world_nether:
      message: "&9Welcome to the &cNether&9, &6&name! \n&9This world is dangerous! \n\
        &9Be careful of the Ghast!"
    private:
      message: "&6&name&9, you have entered the main world! \n&9Collect the minerals from\
        \ the world"
    creative:
      message: "&6&name&9, you have entered the &lCreative world! \n&9Collect the minerals\
        \ from the world"
    PERMISSIONS
    Code:
    groups:
      Owner:
        default: false
        permissions:
        - '*'
        - -vanish.*
        - motdpw.receive.*
        inheritance:
        - admin
        info:
          prefix: '&4'
          build: true
          suffix: ''

CGA1123 I pray you can help me with this?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

16. Offline

CGA1123

KenoVincent
    <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    There are no permissions, I could had some if you want however.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2016
    KenoVincent likes this.
  17. Offline

KenoVincent

CGA1123 Thank you so much for giving me time on this matter. Yeah I would love to have a permission just a bypass for admins and just for players that would be great.

EDIT:

It generated and error sir.
    Code:
    [08:14:35] [Server thread/INFO]: EddieFriday issued server command: /goto private
    [08:14:36] [Server thread/ERROR]: Could not pass event PlayerChangedWorldEvent to PerWorldMOTD v1.0
    org.bukkit.event.EventException
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:294) ~[craft.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2-1-ga6e0bfd-b3095jnks]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62) ~[craft.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2-1-ga6e0bfd-b3095jnks]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.fireEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:501) [craft.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2-1-ga6e0bfd-b3095jnks]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:486) [craft.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2-1-ga6e0bfd-b3095jnks]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.PlayerList.moveToWorld(PlayerList.java:551) [craft.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2-1-ga6e0bfd-b3095jnks]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R3.entity.CraftPlayer.teleport(CraftPlayer.java:495) [craft.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2-1-ga6e0bfd-b3095jnks]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R3.entity.CraftEntity.teleport(CraftEntity.java:200) [craft.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2-1-ga6e0bfd-b3095jnks]
        at multiworld.data.PlayerHandler.movePlayer(PlayerHandler.java:77) [multiworld.jar:?]
        at multiworld.command.move.GotoCommand.runCommand(GotoCommand.java:82) [multiworld.jar:?]
        at multiworld.command.Command.excute(Command.java:54) [multiworld.jar:?]
        at multiworld.command.CommandMap.parseCommand(CommandMap.java:37) [multiworld.jar:?]
        at multiworld.command.CommandMap.runCommand(CommandMap.java:67) [multiworld.jar:?]
        at multiworld.command.Command.excute(Command.java:54) [multiworld.jar:?]
        at multiworld.MultiWorldPlugin.pushCommandStack(MultiWorldPlugin.java:221) [multiworld.jar:?]
        at multiworld.MultiWorldPlugin.onCommand(MultiWorldPlugin.java:214) [multiworld.jar:?]
        at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:44) [craft.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2-1-ga6e0bfd-b3095jnks]
        at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:180) [craft.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2-1-ga6e0bfd-b3095jnks]
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.v1_7_R3.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:701) [craft.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2-1-ga6e0bfd-b3095jnks]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.PlayerConnection.handleCommand(PlayerConnection.java:956) [craft.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2-1-ga6e0bfd-b3095jnks]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.PlayerConnection.a(PlayerConnection.java:817) [craft.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2-1-ga6e0bfd-b3095jnks]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.PacketPlayInChat.a(PacketPlayInChat.java:28) [craft.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2-1-ga6e0bfd-b3095jnks]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.PacketPlayInChat.handle(PacketPlayInChat.java:47) [craft.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2-1-ga6e0bfd-b3095jnks]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.NetworkManager.a(NetworkManager.java:157) [craft.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2-1-ga6e0bfd-b3095jnks]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.ServerConnection.c(SourceFile:134) [craft.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2-1-ga6e0bfd-b3095jnks]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.MinecraftServer.v(MinecraftServer.java:667) [craft.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2-1-ga6e0bfd-b3095jnks]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.DedicatedServer.v(DedicatedServer.java:260) [craft.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2-1-ga6e0bfd-b3095jnks]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.MinecraftServer.u(MinecraftServer.java:558) [craft.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2-1-ga6e0bfd-b3095jnks]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:469) [craft.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2-1-ga6e0bfd-b3095jnks]
        at net.minecraft.server.v1_7_R3.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:628) [craft.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2-1-ga6e0bfd-b3095jnks]
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
        at org.bukkit.ChatColor.translateAlternateColorCodes(ChatColor.java:206) ~[craft.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2-1-ga6e0bfd-b3095jnks]
        at me.CGA1123.PerWorldMOTD.sendMotd(PerWorldMOTD.java:59) ~[?:?]
        at me.CGA1123.PerWorldMOTD.onWorldChange(PerWorldMOTD.java:91) ~[?:?]
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source) ~[?:1.7.0_60]
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$1.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:292) ~[craft.jar:git-Bukkit-1.7.9-R0.2-1-ga6e0bfd-b3095jnks]
        ... 28 more
    [08:14:36] [Server thread/INFO]: [MultiWorld] EddieFriday: Moved player EddieFriday to world private

18. Offline

CGA1123

KenoVincent
    Looking into it.

And by the bypass, you mean admins get a different Motd, or they receive none?

KenoVincent likes this.
  19. Offline

KenoVincent

CGA1123 bypass means excepted from seeing the motd's?

20. Offline

CGA1123

KenoVincent
    Awesome, and could your post your config as well please?

KenoVincent likes this.
  21. Offline

KenoVincent

CGA1123 you mean this?

Code:
    motds:
      private:
        motd:"-----------------------------------------------\nl You re now in Privte \nl -----------------------------------------------
      creative:
        motd:"-----------------------------------------------\nl You re now in creative \nl -----------------------------------------------

CGA1123 likes this.
  22. Offline

CGA1123

KenoVincent
    You should close the quotation marks at the end of you motd line. This should be throwing errors.
    Just tested the motd, should work on <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 2, 2016
    KenoVincent likes this.
  23. Offline

KenoVincent

CGA1123 Lol I see. Ok I will report s soon as possible.

CGA1123

I still have the errors in spite of adding the quotation.

24. Offline

CGA1123

KenoVincent
    The same error?
    Have you downloaded the new version?

KenoVincent likes this.
  25. Offline

KenoVincent

CGA1123 Oh sorry, my bad. I downloaded the new version now and running it. I dont have errors anymore but I dont see the MOTD when switching to the world creative. I only see the multiworld confirmation..

26. Offline

CGA1123

KenoVincent
    It should be working fine if the name in the config is exactly the same as the world name.

KenoVincent likes this.
  27. Offline

KenoVincent

CGA1123 Yes it is configure properly with each world names..

28. Offline

CGA1123

KenoVincent
    Can you post your log, config and all worlds please then?
    I have tested it with multiworld as well, works for me.

KenoVincent likes this.
  29. Offline

KenoVincent

CGA1123 It is totally my fault I manage to work it out. And confirming that the plugin is now fully working 100%

If it is not too much to ask. Can you add that permission we talk previously? And is it possible to add a sound effects upon entering the world?

Sorry if it is getting too much..

30. Offline

CGA1123

KenoVincent
    The pwmotd.admin permission is already added.
    I will add the sound ability.