Monitor and control how many entities are in one area

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by AaronMcH, Jan 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

AaronMcH

Hi, I'm setting up a Tekkit server, and in our beta tests we have noticed that sometimes pipes can become blocked and item entities start building up, over time this can cause extreme lag in that area, and decrease server performance.

I was wondering if any knew of a Bukkit plugin that would prevent to many entities from building up in one area?

P.S. We are currently on Minecraft/Bukkit 1.2.5, since we are currently on Tekkit Clasic, if anyone could tell me if this isn't an issue in Tekkit Lite which uses Minecraft 1.4 that would be helpful, as I know between 1.2.5 and 1.4.7 Mojang have changed the way that entities build up to reduce lag, although still not sure if this would fix the above issue.

Thanks
    Aaron

2. Offline

fireblast709

there has been an update where Item drops automatically stack. Also this seems to be more of an issue for Tekkit (in which case this forum is not what you want) than for Bukkit

3. Offline

AaronMcH

Yeah, testing seems to show that entity items do fall out of the pipes and stack where there is a block occurs. The problem is on 1.2.5 that isn't the case, so we need something that will automatically detect when there are to many entities ina chunk, and remove them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.