Momentary Lag Whenever Somone Joins

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Jorrdan, Apr 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Jorrdan

Hey,

I hope someone knows what is causing this. It's been like this for a while now. I have CB 680 installed and quite a few plugins. I can't tell if it's a bukkit thing or a plugin thing. Does anyone know what plugin is causing this lag? I would really appreciate it. It's driving me nuts. Whenever someone joins the whole server lags for about a second. And when the server is busy that can be a lot of lag. I can list plugins if needed. But i'm hoping someone had this problem and knows exactly what plugin it is.

Thanks,

Jordan

2. Offline

Phinary

3. Offline

Jorrdan

Problem still occurs. It has to be a plugin, i can't determine what one though, as it would take many many restarts and my user's would get very annoyed. Can someone please help me out here? Shaun it isn't bukkit, i now have 733, it's a plugin issue. It's been 10 days now and still no other replies. I help people on the forums whenever i can, it would be great to see that courtesy returned xD

Thanks,

Jordan

4. Offline

EvilSeph

Try updating MCBans. Any plugin that does something on login can cause lag but I know, for a fact, MCBans would and this has been fixed in the latest update for it.

5. Offline

Jorrdan

Thanks for the replay Seph, it wasn't mcbans though. The lag still happens. I'm hoping someone else is having this problem too. If not i will have to test the plugins one at a time.

6. Offline

Jorrdan

Apparantly BigBrother causes the lag. Does anyone know why? I have the latest CB and latest BB. Also i have tried H2 and MYSQL. Also turned off all logging except blocks. Still lags when someone joins/leaves my server.

7. Offline

tha d0ctor

I disabled Stats and Achievements and I dont get any lag and I join like instantly

8. Offline

Jorrdan

The problem isn't joining. The problem is when other players join, you lag, the whole server does for about 1-3 seconds. Will look into stats etc, but this problem has been around for atleast a month now.

9. Offline

EvilSeph

Please click on the red box at the top of the page and provide the information it asks for.

10. Offline

Jorrdan

Found the problem on my home machine. Apparantly it was and still is McBans. Current version 2.9. Windows 7 x64 java 1.6.0_24-b07 Tried running mcbans with just permissions and we got heavy join lag. Turned on all the plugins but no mcbans and no join lag at all. Hope mcbans can fix this, as it is a great plugin.

11. Offline

resba

@Jorrdan Try updating CB to 740 and MCBans to v2.9 and then try running it not on your home machine.

12. Offline

Jorrdan

It was with 740, and 2.9 It does it on hostings server too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.