Question Mods with(out?) Bukkit

Discussion in 'General Help' started by Vroqren, May 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Vroqren

Hey everyone. I'm running a Bukkit server from Bukkitnode.com because it's owned by some friends of mine, and I get a huge discount on my server. I'm not really willing to change providers, so please don't suggest that.

I want to run Tinker's Construct and Chisel mods on my server. From what I understand, you can't really run mods on a Bukkit server. I'm wondering if there's an easy was for me to run these two mods through my same provider. On Bukkitnode I have the option to change my .JAR to a variety of different things, is there is Forge .JAR I can use?

Also, assuming I get these two mods working, will each player need to have them downloaded to be able to login to the server?

Thanks for your help guys!

2. Offline

Gater12

@Vroqren
    You can install the Forge server and upload JAR and required libraries.
    Yes your player will need to have the mods installed to be able to join.

3. Offline

Vroqren

Thank you! Do you know where I can download a forge server for 1.7.10, as well as the aforementioned libraries? Also, what directory do these files need to go under?

4. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Moved to Bukkit alternatives

Vroqren likes this.
  5. Offline

oceantheskatr

@Vroqren I don't know anything about Forge servers, however I bet that you could find your answers from a Google/YouTube search! :)

6. Try Cauldron. It is like bukkit; but it is for forge mods as far as I am aware it is the only way to run forge+bukkit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.