Problem/Bug mobs wont spawn not even with spawners or eggs

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by turbobarf13, Sep 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

turbobarf13

i just started my bukkit server and like the title says mobs wont spawn not even peaceful mobs
    my plugins are:
    no swear
    absolute welcome
    accentials
    access control
    admin essentials
    chest shop
    kit essentials
    and vault

2. Offline

Boomer

www.pastebin.com with the entire, full logs/latest.log file after you clean-start the server, so we can see what is happening at initialization; plugin errors/warnings/ version conflicts, plugins you didn't list that are actually there, etc...

3. Offline

oceantheskatr

Lol, always happens.

@turbobarf13 After doing what Boomer said take a look at this plugin troubleshooting video that will allow you to find out which plugin (if it's a plugin) is causing the problem. We can go from there.

Plugin troubleshooting:

Finding your latest.log if you still need help finding it:

4. Offline

turbobarf13

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
  5. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

@turbobarf13
    Those are literally video's on how to find the files that they are asking for.

oceantheskatr likes this.
  6. Offline

turbobarf13

sorry didn't see the second video

i watched the video on how to find the log i think i posted the right log
    if not please let me know

EDIT by Timtower: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

7. Offline

Boomer

Yes, correct log. Except for the whole "Actually restarting the server fresh and posting the full log file from that startup" part. Please do so. You have a plethora of plugin errors but, the server appears to have been on a while (and has an unnecessary 'save' operation being performed repeatedly too frequently, when bukkit has been autosaving map data for 3 years now...)

Please terminate and start the server, do not /reload
    Then post the full log, and we'll enumerate ALL the problems with it

8. Offline

turbobarf13

9. Offline

oceantheskatr

Hmm, to me the log looks fine, we'll have to see what @Boomer says.

Check your server.properties and make sure that spawn-monsters and spawn-animals are set to true.

In the mean time, take a look at my plugin troubleshooting video to see if it's a plugin causing it, or if it's something wrong your server.

10. Offline

turbobarf13

spawn-monsters and spawn-animals are set to true
    but i run my server off of bisecthosting so i dont know how to move the plugins in and out of the folder

EDIT never mind i found out a way but it will take a bit longer i'l just have to disable them one by one

ok i found the plugin thats causing it
    its the accentials plugin
    but i really want that plugin
    so what do i have to do to keep it but fix the problem

<Edited by bwfcwalshy: Merged posts, please use the edit button rather than double posting.>

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 28, 2015
  11. Offline

oceantheskatr

Just take them on and off of the server via FTP. Then it's the same idea as in and out of the folder. Testing one by one is massively inefficient and down the road when you have 30+ plugins it won't be so fun. I recommend that you follow the method I show in the video but ultimately it is up to you.

12. Offline

turbobarf13

Setting,Value
    //ignore and dont change
    version,3.1A Banned

//Starter stuff
    start-balance,100.00
    start-kit,starter
    default-group,default
    welcome-msg,&5Welcome &e%player% &5to Server!

//chat format
    chat-format,&f[@world] @prefix &b@player&a: &f@message

//Tab formating
    tab-prefixes,true

//Color code
    tab-name-color,f

//Clear inventory if player is new
    clear-new,true

//Warp them to spawn if new
    warp-new,true

//Should portals be silent
    silent-portal,true

//What should spawn warp to
    spawn-warp,spawn

//Should we set spawn?
    take-spawn,true

//Economy
    currency,$

//homes
    default home,home
    home limit,1

//Should we use 'k' and 'mil' and commas to simplify?
    eco-simplify,true

//Mob spawn deny. seperate with colons :))
    mob-deny,Bat:Slime

//Set the allowed mobs. If not set to none will deny all mobs but allowed
    // Seperate with colons :))
    mob-allow,NONE

this is the config for the plugin thats causing the problem what do i change (if i can change anything) to stop the problem

13. Offline

Boomer

Server log shows ...okay startup. The fact that you do have screaming errors in the real-time use of the server from the AdminEssentials (screaming error on player interaction and logins) means that you dont have the right build version of that plugin to work on your server correctly - each blob of java error as you click on something, or a player logs on and blobs the log with that java vomit, its like poking your server in the eye and expecting it to still be loyal and obedient and friendly towards you. I can't even see a version 1.5.8 of EssAdmin -- it looks rather possibly old compared to whats needed for 1 .8.x server

As for the settings in that post above. Assuming that is the cause of the plugin, perhaps reading the comment for each thing might reveal something such as the comments for

//Set the allowed mobs. If not set to none will deny all mobs but allowed
    // Seperate with colons :))
    mob-allow,NONE

Would seem to me that with the current setting of "NONE" for this, then all mobs are denied except for (aka but) the ones listed as allowed, which, isn't any.

14. Offline

turbobarf13

so how do i fix the problem

15. Offline

oceantheskatr

@turbobarf13 Well first read what Boomer said and realize that he told you exactly how, then try setting mob-allow,ALL or something to that effect.

EDIT: What Boomer said below

vvvv

16. Offline

Boomer

well, without knowing what settings are available for it, or enumerating everything, what I personally would do is keep a copy of that config off to the side somewhere, and delete the file from the server, so that it could regenerate a default upon startup - then make the key changes back into it that correspond to any key changes you made. But my guess is that it by default wont be blocking things from spawning, so first try with a fully regenreated config that you do not change one single character in - and see if that resolved the problem or not. If it didn't, then it is the plugin itself, and not necessarily the settings (unless its by default set to disrupt all that stuff..)

Its not a commonly used plugin like worldguard or essentials where there are 10000 known issues to fix based on the millions of people using them, so it falls into the category of 'solve problems by using a process, not empirical information'

17. Offline

turbobarf13

YAY i fixed it the plugins config where it said none i tryed changing it to all like oceantheskatr said but sadly it didnt work so i tryed putting all the names of the mobs where it said NONE and they spawned!!

EDIT lol got all exicted but they arent spawning in my mob spawner
    EDIT but il look that up somewhere else thank yall for all of your help without you guys i never would have fixed this thanks

Last edited: Sep 28, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.