Mob Spawning Limiter (Breeding/Spawner/Eggs)

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Clucky, Jun 17, 2014.

1. Offline

Clucky

Suggested Name: Mob Spawn Limiter

What I am needing is a 3 feature combo plugin. It will limit how many mobs can be spawned into an area (using mob eggs, spawners or breeding) before no more will be allowed to spawn. It must be compatible with MobCatcher and Shopkeepers. I am well aware that there appears to be plugins that do this, but they are literally ALL outdated (excluding MobManager, which I do not like how it handles these). Also, I DO want this plugin uploaded to DBO, as I feel it would greatly help the community of Minecraft (specifically economy servers).

The mob spawner limiter works by tagging mobs as they are spawned into the world. Once the cap for that spawner is reached (configurable) it will stop spawning mobs. It will only begin spawning mobs again after the tagged mobs have despawned or been killed, which it will still keep track of the other tagged mobs. (ie. if the cap of 4 has been reached and you kill 1 of that mob, then it will only spawn 1 mob before the cap is reached again).

The breeding limiter works by checking the area around the mob attempting to spawn in (through breeding) and if the cap for that type of animal (configurable) in that area (configurable; x, y, z) has been reached, the animal will not breed and the player will receive a message saying "It is too crowded for the [animal] to breed". Please note, this feature also works with villagers, although there will be no resulting message. Also note, each mob has it's own cap, unlike other plugins which have a shared cap.

The egg spawning limiter works a lot like the breeding limiter, in that it checks the area around the mob which is attempting to be spawned (using an egg) to see if the cap is already reached. If the cap has been reached in that area, then the player will not loose the egg and the mob will not be spawned. The cap configuration for this is shared with the cap for the breeding limiter, as is the configuration for the area. This will need to be compatible with both MobCatcher as well as Shopkeepers (do not prevent shopkeepers from being created if the cap for villagers has been reached)

Below is an example of the default configuration. Any mob not listed under cap will not be affected by the breeding or egg limiters.

config.yml
    Code:
    #Enable mob spawner caps
    limitSpawner: true
    #Enable breeding limitations
    limitBreeding: true
    #Enable egg spawning limitations
    limitEggs: true
    #The area around the mob attempting to spawn to search if the cap has been reached
    area:
        x: 25
        y: 15
        z: 25
    #The number of mobs of each type to count towards the cap
    cap:
        chicken: 10
        cow: 15
        mushroom_cow: 15
        pig: 15
        sheep: 10
        villager: 10
    #The amount of mobs that a spawner will tag before preventing any more from spawning.
    spawnerCap: 4

I do need this plugin relatively soon, so please give me an estimated date of completion when offering assistance. Thanks! :D

2. Offline

Clucky

I'm still looking for someone to develop this. Would really help out my server (as well as many other economy servers).

3. Offline

Garris0n

Now, when you say "outdated"...

how are they outdated?

4. Offline

Clucky

They don't function properly (or at all). For example, one plugin that has a feature for this is mob-spawn-control; It stopped functioning back in 2013, and was last updated in 2012. There is also BreedingLimiter, which works rather well for not being updated since 2013 (although the developers are no longer supporting the plugin), however, it does not work correctly for Shopkeepers (pretty much prevents the villager from being spawned in).

5. Offline

Clucky

After much researching, there is still no available plugins that provide these functionalities... I do need a plugin that provides these features, whether it is one that already exists or a new one developed following these guidelines.