Inactive [MISC] Streetlamps v0.8 - redstone controlled street-lamps [1185]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Ginsek1988, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Streetlamps - redstone controlled StreetLamps:
    PluginVersion v0.8
    ServerVersion /version: git-Bukkit-0.0.0-1067-g6301507-b1185jnks (MC: 1.8.1)
    Download StreetLamps v0.8.2

Players can build street-lamps for their towns and remote controle them by redstone and other events (daytime, weather, manually).

For a more detailed description visit me on dev.bukkit!

If the plugin is not working for you, please respond to this thread: [README] It's not working!!!

Media

Connecting lamps to a button or lever

woodzy, kahlilnc and SPACEDUDE360000 like this.
  2. You might use the latest RB of bukkit :)
    tyoe /version when on server and compare with the one in the main post

Say, what the problem? Post your config. Post your log if you have any errors.

3. Offline

CobbleHeLiOs

Help! I cant get the pendant to work i did ALL POSSIBLE THINGS But it isnt working :<
    :(

4. Offline

h4x0r

but when i start thu plugin FIRST time it worked verry FINE :) but after reboot...

here is the config

i have craftbukkit 1000 compatible with all my plugins :)

here is the log
    watch from date "2011-08-17"

thx for help :)

5. Why should i timelock the server? I don't even know CommandBook.

Code:
    2011-08-17 14:53:00 [INFO] [StreetLamps] POWER enabled
    2011-08-17 14:53:00 [INFO] [StreetLamps] DAYTIME enabled
    2011-08-17 14:53:00 [INFO] [StreetLamps] WEATHER enabled
    2011-08-17 14:53:00 [INFO] [StreetLamps] CLUSTER enabled
    2011-08-17 14:53:00 [INFO] [StreetLamps] loaded 18/18 pole for world world
    2011-08-17 14:53:00 [INFO] StreetLamps 0.7.1 is enabled

The saved lamps should be loaded just fine. I suppose they don't work as well? What happens when you destroy one of the loaded lamps? Do you ge a message telling you that you broke a lamp?
    How many lamps get loaded/stored when you restart the server again?
    Besides, some of your plugins log errors: Alerter, WarpWiz, OPUpdate
    Search the log for "SEVERE" to get those.
    And your server logs tons of "[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?"

Hey,
    BlueGhostHD, koron, h4x0r, CobbleHeLiOs and all the others that have problems using StreetLamps.
    Thank you for using the plugin and I'm sorry that - for you - it is not working as intended.
    As I can see in h4xors log file the lamps get loaded from the config and no errors occure. korons config looks fine and I suppose the others do as well. Even so it is not working, since you can't build lamps. I uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin several times on my server and don't run into any problems. So, I can't reproduce yours and I don't know why they occure.
    Did one of you use an old version without having problems?
    If someone got an idea why this happens please let me know. I mean, how this can happen to plugins in general. Any suggestions?
    I hope there are others that use the plugin without a problem.

suggestions so far:
    [WARNING] Can't keep up!
    I don't know what the server does when this happens. Since I use the lowest priority for my plugin I think I get the events very late. The server might not pas them to my plugin because there was not enough time. Does someone know how this works? I'll take a look at what the priorities do - hope there's something in the wiki.
    *edit*
    from wiki.bukkit.org
    Lowest - Event call is of very low importance and should be run first, to allow other plugins to further customize the outcome.
    well... I moved the priority to normal because this does not seam to do anything for me.

*edit*
    Fixed bottoms not toggling when using power mode. While you were toggling the lamp the server fired a physics event on the lamp which results in an update of the lamp. So it immediately changed back to its on-state.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  6. Offline

h4x0r

I know about the "[WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?"

And the light 1 time works another time not working...

7. I would like to know if the others have "[WARNING] Can't keep up!", too.
    If the lamps work sometimes the server might be too slow and discards the events for StreetLamps.
    That might be the problem for you. But I can't say for sure.

8. Offline

h4x0r

every plugin is working.. i test the minecraft NPC's and they worked too :) i dont think thet lpugin need good server...

9. Offline

4am

Well, obviously that can't be the problem then.:p If anyone is having issues with redstone control (or anything else involving knowing the tickcount and watching it) this (or things like it) may be an issue.

10. I'm just having issues detecting the power of a block^^
    I want repeaters to power my powerblocks through other blocks like they do with redstone dust. The problem is that repeater do not create events for blocks behind the block they power directly. (Or something like that.)

Anyway, ... my lamps do not recognize the that they are powered by a repeater through a block when I use isBlockPowered() or isBlockIndirectlyPowered(). Because of that I am using getBlockPower() > 0 to check if they are powered which seams to work for repeaters.
    BUT this results in an other problem that was mentioned by someone. If you power the block adjacent to a powerblock it gets powered, too.
    I tested this way back and will work on it again.

I am currently implementing some ingame commands to save the lamps on the fly and change the bulb material converting all active lamps.

*edit* The thing about repeaters not working with isBlockIndirectlyPowered() was crap :p
    There was an other reason I didn't use this.

*edit*
    At the moment I don't need lamps to be powered through blocks via repeater but I don't know if others use this. I might add that to the config.^^
    "workingRepeatersButMoreBugs: enabled" sounds good, don't you think?

11. Offline

akedia

thx this plugin helped a lot on my server[glass]

12. I am glad it works xD The problems keep comming lately :p

There'll soon be an update with comands to change modes and materials without restarting the server.

13. Offline

Gazownik

Its cool but would be better if lamps could be controlable by levers and buttons at day/night ;D

14. Offline

matpa116

I just downloaded this plugin, but I seem to have the same problems as the people above;
    poles and bottoms work, but every other figure won't react when treated with a redstonetorch...

Here a pic of my lamps that don't work:
    Screen (open)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

My config:

Config.yml (open)

Code:
    Config:
        modes:
            daytime: true
            manually: false
            weather: true
            power: true
            cluster:
                enabled: true
                size: 20
        lamplist: bottom;pole;tube;ceiling;sconce;globe;pendant;
        material:
            bulb_on: 89
            tool: 76
            bulb_off: 20
        daytime:
            night_start: 12500
            night_end: 22500
        disableOnError: false
        version: 6
    Lamps:
        pole:
            height:
                min: 1
                max: 6
        ceiling:
            height:
                min: 0
                max: 3
        pendant:
            height:
            width:
                max: 4
            depth:
                max: 2
        sconce:
            width:
        globe:
            height:
        tube:
            height:
            width:
                min: 3

Serverlog:

ServerLog (open)

2011-08-20 20:26:53 [INFO] Starting minecraft server version Beta 1.7.3
    2011-08-20 20:26:53 [INFO] Loading properties
    2011-08-20 20:26:53 [INFO] Starting Minecraft server on [...]
    2011-08-20 20:26:53 [WARNING] **** SERVER IS RUNNING IN OFFLINE/INSECURE MODE!
    2011-08-20 20:26:53 [WARNING] The server will make no attempt to authenticate usernames. Beware.
    2011-08-20 20:26:53 [WARNING] While this makes the game possible to play without internet access, it also opens up the ability for hackers to connect with any username they choose.
    2011-08-20 20:26:53 [WARNING] To change this, set "online-mode" to "true" in the server.settings file.
    2011-08-20 20:26:53 [INFO] This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-0.0.0-980-g4ed23b1-b1060jnks (MC: 1.7.3)
    2011-08-20 20:26:54 [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) was initialized.
    2011-08-20 20:26:54 [INFO] [Permissions] version [3.1.6] (Yeti) loaded
    2011-08-20 20:26:54 [INFO] Preparing level "[...]"
    2011-08-20 20:26:54 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 0 (Seed: 8226190024749977059)
    2011-08-20 20:26:55 [INFO] Preparing start region for level 1 (Seed: 8226190024749977059)
    2011-08-20 20:26:55 [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 81%
    [some other plugins]
    2011-08-20 20:26:56 [INFO] [StreetLamps] POWER enabled
    2011-08-20 20:26:56 [INFO] [StreetLamps] DAYTIME enabled
    2011-08-20 20:26:56 [INFO] [StreetLamps] WEATHER enabled
    2011-08-20 20:26:56 [INFO] [StreetLamps] CLUSTER enabled
    2011-08-20 20:26:56 [INFO] StreetLamps 0.7.1 is enabled
    2011-08-20 20:26:56 [INFO] MagicSpells v0.8 loaded!
    2011-08-20 20:26:56 [INFO] Server permissions file permissions.yml is empty, ignoring it
    2011-08-20 20:26:56 [INFO] Done (0.198s)! For help, type "help" or "?"

I always place my redstonetorch underneath the blocks first, then the fence & then my bulb, leftclick with a redstonetorch... and nothing happens, no message in chat or in log ;)

I hope this helps you to figure out what the actual problem is ;)

15. Offline

James58321

Yes, but how do I remove them? Another user who is no longer allowed on my server had some of these, and now I can't destroy them. they just come right back :( a whole lot wasted just because I can't break them. (btw, no protection is on it) maybe a permission node to destroy pendants? and other can't? idk. this just needs to be fixed

16. You can control them using redstone and turn off daytime mode if you wish. And you can toggle them manually using well ... manually mode, too. If you could place levers/buttons on fences it would be a great idea to toggle them using those :)

You are welcome to use this inofficial version. This is the one I am working on at the moment. To see what has changed so far, take a look at the changelog inside the jar file. BUT if you use this you have to delete StreetLamps from your plugins before you install the next "official" release. Whenever I update something in the config file I convert the old ones based on the version number. Since this one is not final I might change something which would not apply to yours if you use the inofficial one.
    I would like to know if you have the same problems using this build. I think it would be best if you - prior to installint this build - remove the official one first or make a backup.

Code:
    Version v0.7.2
        fixed turning on lamps manually when not powered (using manually and powermode)
        removed lamplist form config and added separate switches for each lamp
        added language file
        added new mode: detectRepeater (false per default)
        fixed bottom not reacting to manually at all
        added command*: "StreetLamps save"
        added command*: "StreetLamps set <on|off> <id>"
        added command*: "StreetLamps on|off|update"
        added command*: "StreetLamps power|repeater|weather|manually|daytime|cluster [size]"
        added command*: "StreetLamps language [name]"
        added command: "StreetLamps list [world]"
        added command: "StreetLamps materials"
        added command: "StreetLamps modes"
        added simple permissions for critical(with *) commands: OPs only
    I'll describe what each comand does when I release it.
    short:
    "StreetLamps save"
    make a guess

"StreetLamps set <on|off> <id>"
    changes the on/off material and converts all bulbs

"StreetLamps on|off|update"
    force all lamps on/off or let them update depending on modes
    forced lamps won't stay on/off and will react to the modes

"StreetLamps power|repeater|weather|manually|daytime|cluster [size]"
    toggle the mode you refer

If you misspell a command it only shows the uncritical commands.
    I'm still working on the commands and I might implement Permissions for the next release, too.
    Let me know of any commands I missed :p

Could you "Reply" to the post you are refering to? Again you could try to use the inofficial build. I had such a problem sometimes using the old version, but not since I tested the new build.

For all who know about bukkit api:
    I changed changed a block when I got an event. When I still was inside of that event I got an other event because of me changing a block. That led to an other change of the block. After the second event was done I got back to my code from the first event and that messed things up. I assumed that the events occured after each other...
    This turned bottoms on again directly after turning them off. This might be the problem with the destruction of the lamps, too.

17. Offline

matpa116

With this new version, everything seems to work, except one thing:
    If I want to build a sconce, the pattern isn't working the way you described:

Screen (open)

[​IMG]

As illustrated on the screen, on the top picture, I could create a sconce putting a powersource "in" the earthpillar. In the second image, I put the powersource in one range with the fence (as illustrated by your pattern), but I couldn't make it work...

18. To power the sconce you actually have to power the block next to the wall. "P" is the block to power. And yes, it is buggy. Thank you.
    pattern (open)

[​IMG]

I had an issue (using the inofficial version) with a lamp that was not removed when I destroyed it. BUT this time I could get rid of it by just destroying it again.

19. Offline

rebalance

Every time i restart the sever all lights reset so i have to go and set them into lamps again! :(

20. That's strange...
    Please post your serverlog (including the server startup) and your configuration.
    Is this the first time you use StreetLamps?

21. Offline

37h4n

i wish it could be where it didnt turn on at night and i could turn it on and off during the day. as in solely controlled by redstone. wait. is there a way? =D

22. Offline

angus22397

I have a powered redstone wire running under the lamp and it doesn't seem to work with this config, I got this for the same reason and now I am dissapointed.
    With manual mode you have to punch the light to change what it is but I want exactly what you said.
    Code:
    Config:
        modes:
            daytime: false
            manually: false
            weather: false
            power: true
            cluster:
                enabled: true
                size: 20
        lamplist: bottom;pole;tube;ceiling;sconce;globe;pendant;
        material:
            bulb_on: 89
            tool: 76
            bulb_off: 20
        daytime:
            night_start: 12500
            night_end: 22500
        disableOnError: false
        version: 6
    Lamps:
        pole:
            height:
        ceiling:
            height:
        pendant:
            height:
            width:
                max: 4
            depth:
                max: 2
        sconce:
            width:
        globe:
            height:
        tube:
            height:
            width:
                min: 3
    PRESS REPLY WHEN REPLYING!

23. I don't know why, but it's hard to quote your [ CODE ] - block

With "under the lamp" you mean under the base block, or that your baseblock itself is redstone dust?
    Mostly I design the lamps to behave as if they are a redstone torch attached to the base block.

24. Offline

matpa116

Hmm I'm not at home right now, but I'll try to destroy a lamp later. I once tried to destroy one, but it just respawned again and again (in the official version I think). I'll try it with the unofficial this evening, but I think I managed to destroy one yesterday... but could just be my imagination XD

25. normally they should be destroyed quite easily^^

26. Offline

angus22397

Base block is redstone dust, is this a problem?

27. Offline

37h4n

my powering is a repeater block under the base block

28. With redstonedust you power the block below the dust and not the dust itself (I think).
    And I check if the baseblock itself is powered. (most of the time I do this, but in the pattern "P" marks the block I actually check)
    But I can modify it to detect that as well.

*edit*
    Oh, well... Since I designed StreetLamps to work with casual redstone rules that should not power the lamp. But I can add that as well. I have to balance between casual redstone rules and fancy stuff like the repeater underneath.

*edit*
    At least I try to implement casual redstone rules

29. Offline

King Pyro

i cant seem to get the redstone wireing to work. i even put a torch undeneith the power block and its not working i tried both night and day. manual works but i dont want that because i made a power station that would turn on the cities lights and such but i cant get it to work. im using the POLE version.

30. I got that problem when changing modes ingame.
    Here is a video of the latest inoficial build. (23.08.2011 16:50)
    You can see that the modes work in this version.

31. Offline

37h4n

heres whats going on. when i hit the bulb with the redtorch it doesnt turn into the lamp. heres pics
    http://imgur.com/a/QeV07
    the top is of the lamp
    the middle is of what i had powering it before
    the bottom is what i have now
    none of these work day or night rain or shine