Inactive [MISC] Streetlamps v0.8 - redstone controlled street-lamps [1185]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Ginsek1988, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Streetlamps - redstone controlled StreetLamps:
    PluginVersion v0.8
    ServerVersion /version: git-Bukkit-0.0.0-1067-g6301507-b1185jnks (MC: 1.8.1)
    Download StreetLamps v0.8.2

Players can build street-lamps for their towns and remote controle them by redstone and other events (daytime, weather, manually).

For a more detailed description visit me on dev.bukkit!

If the plugin is not working for you, please respond to this thread: [README] It's not working!!!

Media

Connecting lamps to a button or lever

woodzy, kahlilnc and SPACEDUDE360000 like this.
  2. Offline

dockter

0.8.1 seems broken to me. I added streetlamps.admin to groupmanager groups.yml file.

Streetlamps dont turn on during night time, although I get the message that one has been destroyed if I destroy one. I cannot create new ones.

3. How do you think that MySQL fastens the process?
    I have an array like this for each world.
    Code:
    public ArrayList<Lamp> lampList = new ArrayList<Lamp>();
    Since every world has its own array I don't have to make a lookup in a database.
    When a world changes from day to night I go through all of the lamps of it's list and try to turn them on. That's it. Each lamps knows its bulbs so I can adress them directly.
    Let's see what the new lightning system changes about the lag :) Someone stated this might be it.
    Is it still lagging when you use clustermode and reduce the clustersize to one lamp?
    If you use a size of one it will turn on one lamp (of each type) per second.
    I also wonder if a block.setTypeId() forces unloaded chunks to load. It would be bad if it does.
    *edit* I think I misunderstand themeaning of unloading chunks...

quote="dockter, post: 652071"]0.8.1 seems broken to me. I added streetlamps.admin to groupmanager groups.yml file.

Streetlamps dont turn on during night time, although I get the message that one has been destroyed if I destroy one. I cannot create new ones.[/quote]
    The permissions only affect the commands. If the creation worked in an old version the issue is not the permissions.
    Code:
    public void onBlockDamage(BlockDamageEvent bde) {
            if ( bde.isCancelled() ) return;
    Do you have a permission for damaging blocks? If the block damage event is cancelled before it is processed by my plugin no lamps should be build. I have it the same way with onBlockBreak but this seems to work for you.

4. Offline

dockter

Im an Admin on the server so that doesn't seem to be the issue, so Im gonna bring the server down tonight and delete the StreetLamps folder and let it recreate the config files and rebuild them, I will follow up.

5. Offline

King Pyro

The permissions only affect the commands. If the creation worked in an old version the issue is not the permissions.
    Code:
    public void onBlockDamage(BlockDamageEvent bde) {
            if ( bde.isCancelled() ) return;
    Do you have a permission for damaging blocks? If the block damage event is cancelled before it is processed by my plugin no lamps should be build. I have it the same way with onBlockBreak but this seems to work for you.[/quote]

i always thought MySQL made things faster lol :D. if streetlamps loads unloaded chunks to change them could it be configured to only change if someone is in them but check every....i dunno 3 secodns to c if a chunk if loaded or not? or does that make the lag issue worse :D

6. Offline

McLovn

anyway to make it so people cant destroy the lamps? also you changed the pendent?!?!? why?

also can you put this on bukkitdev, ty

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  7. I will add permissions for building and creating lamps in the future.
    In which way did I change the pendant?

I will put in on bukkit dev soon.

MySQL can improove lookups but I don't think that it would in my case. If a more experienced dev comes along and says "Hey, you should not keep track of every block, that's not good. Use thisandthat to do it." I would change it though :p

The forum needs some sort of no-go-thread that points out what is a bad idea when making plugins for bukkit.
    Something like this: http://developer.android.com/guide/practices/design/performance.html
    I think this rules apply to general developping but I would like a thread that deals with bad habbits especially when using bukkit. Some sort of "don't change blocks in chunks that are not loaded, because those chunks get loaded which creates lag, duh".
    If you find such a thread let me know :) Most of the tutorials tell you how to do stuff but they don't tell you what you shouldn't.

*edit*
    I can prevent the plugin from changing blocks in chunks that are not loaded. I could just update lamps in chunks that get loaded but the event for chunkload is not implemented. (afaik)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

8. Offline

McLovn

Cool its on bukkitdev, and the pendent was like so: F = fence, G = glowstone
    F F F
    GFG
    F
    F

9. sfa
    afaik this is still the same
    you can have up to four bulbs actually. but you dont need to

10. Offline

King Pyro

please let me know how this goes :D unfortunatly i had to temporaily remove plugin for this time being but once the problem is fixed i can put it back :)

11. I'll add it in the next version
    If you refer to the unloaded chunks.

12. Offline

King Pyro

ye i kinda made a glass dome with every 4th layer is glowstone that changes and walkways that change at night/rain its all within viewing distance.that wouldnt create lag but the ones in another town does....so ye

EDIT: If your want to take a look at my server let me know and ill pm u the ip

13. Offline

halley

Love the plugin.

I must have done something wrong, but I can't seem to make this shape work. (Other shapes do.)

FFG
    F
    F
    F
    D(irt)
    P

14. Hi, I think you tried to build a pendant.
    Pendants have a shape of this:
    Code:
    FFF
    F G
    F
    F
    X - SolidBlock
    First: The bulb has to be one block down. I modify the pendant that it accepts your style as well in the next version.
    Second: The solid block is the one you have to power. Use a torch underneath or redstone wire from a side.

15. Offline

halley

Yes, I understood the power. Thanks for adding the straight style-- your docs said 0 height was possible so that's what I tried. For now I'm using poles.

Have you done a stress test with 1000s or 10,000s of lamps? What would this do on a really big city with lots of poles? Are they flipped on/off in the order they were built? Or chunk by chunk? Or...?

16. Yeah, I thought it worked with a depth of zero. It's still beta :p

Currently they are turned on in the order they were built. I'll add a feature to sort the lamps going from east to west or random.

Haven't done stress tests, yet. But I will. Adding glowstone all over the place and using /slamps bruteforce should do the job :p
    Right now I have exams, but I will work on the plugin once I am done.

17. Offline

Manbeast77

Just as a heads up, I am using CB dev 1143, and it seems as though something in 1.8 breaks your plugin. Specifically, the redstone torches under any old or newly created lamps, disappears when they activate and never return.

18. from http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/streetlamps/pages/modes/
    Power

[...]
    RemoveTorch

If enabled, RedstoneTorches that are used to power a Lamp on creation are removed. Lamps have to be powered on creation to detect the right pattern. Afterwards they are not necessary when PowerMode is disabled.

I'll update the plugin to 1.8 next weekend.

19. Offline

Manbeast77

I set the line you are talking about to false, but the torches still disappear. I also set the line for power to false so there would be no need for the torches even if they were not there. Neither one of those lines seems to be working.

20. Offline

faeldray

I'm using CB build 1149 and setting the RemoveTorch property to false fixed the issue for me.

I think that with the new sunrise/sunset, the lamps are turning off a little bit too early at dawn. But that's just my opinion.

Thanks for the fantastic plugin. :)

21. Offline

elexier909

Quick question.

Can the auto day/night bit be disabled, so its just the redstone powerd lamp and fence post bit.

Looks promising :D

22. Take a look at the config.yml file in the plugin folder. There you have the options to disable daytime mode.
    The ingame command to see the active modes is '/slamps modes'. To change the modes ingame call '/slamps PutModeNameHere'.

23. Offline

lipe123

Hey bud do you hceck your issues on bukkitdev? I posted a ticket a while ago and had no respose. I thought the whole idea of bukkitdev was to get rid of this nasty forum based system where posts just get coverd up by silly stuff.

24. Offline

Takel

In response to your ticket, which is more of a how to use request than a bug report... did you give the power block redstone power?

If you did everything right you should have received a message confirmation saying that a streetlamp was created.

25. Offline

lipe123

Like i said in the ticket I built it 100% like the youtube videos shows and i did NOT get the message that a lamp was created. However the "bottom" style lamp does work for some reason, soo I figured it was a problem with the new CB and 1.8.
    I just updated to the release build for 1.8 and will try again.

*edit*
    aaand still nothing.

26. As I said a few posts ago I have exams and will deal with the plugin once they are done.
    I don't have a release build for 1.8 since there was no RecommendedBuild (RB) the last time I checked.

*edit*
    There you go. I checked the website I checked the tickets. Would be nice to receive an email when a new ticket is created.

27. Offline

lipe123

Not a problem, I was just trying to see if it was in fact related to 1.8 or if something else was wrong on my end.
    Figured since no one else said anything that it was working for others, I guess they just haven't moved to 1.8 yet.

I assumed it would send emails for tickets I normally get emails when they are responded to.

28. dev.bukkit is new to me so there might be an option for emails that I disabled.

*edit*
    I uploaded a new build for the new RB. I didn't have any issues with the old version though.

29. Offline

ReaZaaa

At first, big THANKS for this awesome plugin :)

But how can I build lights on ground which not turn into glass like in your third video?
    And when I try to connect a lamp with a button, I get the message "/StreetLamps help:list [world]:materials:modes

It looks so easy in your vid, but it won't work here :(

30. Offline

lipe123

figured out what I was doing wrong. In your "pole" example you placed a redstone torch next to the base block to power it, it ONLY works when its powered via redstone wire (or diode) and does not work when just placing a torch at the base block.

One last question, the lamps dont seem to go on automatically when its night. I have time and weather enabled.

Is there something else I need to do? Does the powered mode override it permanetly?

31. http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/streetlamps/pages/modes/
    If powermode is disabled the lamps should react to time and weather only.