[MISC] RandomKill v0.1 - Randomly execute your friends! [1.1-R4]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Numenorean95, Jun 26, 2011.

1. Offline

Numenorean95

RandomKill
    Current Version: 0.1
    Download
    Though simple, this plugin is designed to add a sense of fear to Minecraft, as noone knows who will be next! Once it is finished, it could be a good way of punishing players or convincing them to upgrade a subscription. Note: God Mode will not save you!
    V0.2 is almost finished! Unfortunantly, my computer had a heart attack, and i am waiting for a replacement part. Then i will finish it off and release it.

Features:
    • Kills any one person on your server in a defned amount of time.
    • Will eventually have the ability to customize who can be killed.
    Installation:
    Put RandomKill.jar in your plugins directory, and restart the server. Though it will run fine without any modifications, it is recommended you go into RandomKill/config.yml and edit the maximum and minimum amount of time you want it to take between executions.
    To do list:
    • Permissions exemption node
    • List of players that could be killed
    • Ability to disable the list
    • Dont kill people in GodMode (maybe?)
    • Better execution method.
    • Kill on-Command.
    • Add configurable message.
    Changelog:
    • Version 0.1 (initial release)
    Source Code
    Thanks to @BR_ for helping me to make this

2. Offline

SPACEDUDE360000

This is cool...but the first thing I thought of when I saw execution was electric chair...that would be cool...

3. Offline

Numenorean95

Hmmm... added to ToDo list...
    How does killing someone by lightning striking them sound?

4. Offline

SPACEDUDE360000

Ya I think lightning would be cool too. Maybe add a configurable message when you get executed?

5. Offline

Numenorean95

Thanks, another good idea. What would your idea be of an electric chair be?

6. Offline

Plague

Update the plugin to latest recommended build and change the title accordingly.
    Failure to do so will result in this moving to INACTIVE section.

7. Offline

Numenorean95

Again, i am on vacation and therefore unnable to update to the neweest Craftbukkit. I would appretiate a time extention.

8. Offline

Plague

yeah sure

cholo71796 likes this.
  9. Offline

codename_B

Title needs to include the latest release build ie. [953] - you don't have to compile it with this craftbukkit as long as it is tested working on this craftbukkit. p.s. It works. Update the title.

10. Offline

Numenorean95

@codename_B
    Thank you, I didn't want to mislead anyone.

11. Offline

StormKitten_1

how do you actually excecute the people (havnt yet opened the file)... does it just do it automatically at certain times, or can you type a command (eg /kill whatshisname) and they'll die without knowing it was you who did it?

Currently I have only 3 people on my server including myself, so obviously it would be hard to be killing players anonymously but this is something i'd be laughing at when I start getting people onto my server.

12. Offline

Numenorean95

@StormKitten_1
    It does (or will do) both. V 0.1 randomly kills someone on the server within a defined time limit. V 0.2 has added a /kill command and now has a list that can be used, so that only people in the list will be killed. Everything is anonymous and automatic. V0.2 has just a few more bugs until release.

13. Offline

StormKitten_1

ah cool cant wait for Vo.2 then XD cheers

14. Offline

xsmas96

execution by a fire that kills them slowly while they cant move definately

15. Offline

Numenorean95

Well, i was considering a lightning strike... ;)

16. Offline

xsmas96

or you could make it like a jail kinda thing where you have a 2x4 glass box filled with water so everyone can watch them drown :)

17. Offline

Numenorean95

Even better :) Maybe i can figure out how to do all three...
    ...Lightning strikes you, lights you on fire. Once you have one heart left, you are put in glass box of water until drowned...

18. Offline

xsmas96

haha we're a bunch of nice friendly people lol

19. Offline

SAMDAN

Electric chair=iron chair shape generated, player in middle. Struck by lightning, left to burn until the glass comes down with water in it and you are left to drown. Compromise.