Inactive [MISC] Kits 1.1 - Yet Another Kit Plugin (SuperPerms) [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by captainawesome7, Jul 30, 2011.

1. Offline

captainawesome7

Kits - Give yourself kits!
    Overview: 1.1
    Kits is just another plugin that lets you use /kit to give yourself a toolkit. It has cool-down times and it lets you define your own SuperPerms node for each kit. You can make as many kits as you like, provided you have the patience and copy + paste skills. If Permissions 2.7.x/3.x isn't found, it defaults to SuperPerms

Features:
    • Kits!
    • Cool-down times
    • SuperPerms (PermissionsBukkit, bPermissions, etc.)
    • Permissions 2.7.x/3.x
    Configuration:
    config (open)

kits.yml will be created in /plugins/Kits (by default, you can change it). The default file will look like this:
    Code:
    tools:
        Items:
        - stone_axe 1
        - stone_pickaxe 1
        - stone_spade 1
        - stone_sword 1
        Node: kits.tools
        Delay: 300
    The accepted item names can be found here. The delay is in seconds, so 300 is 5 minutes. If a player has the node kits.tools they will be allowed to use /kit tools. When a player uses /kit tools they will have to wait 5 minutes before they are allowed to use it again.

Command Usage:
    The only command is /kit. /kit tools would (with the default config) give me 1 of each stone tool, provided that I have the permissions node kits.tools. If I join the server and use /kit tools, then try to use /kit tools again right afterwards, it would say that I have to wait before I can use it again. The default delay of 300 is 5 minutes, and you can change it to whatever. When you type /kit with no arguments (no node needed) it gives you a list of kits available (all the kits you have permission to use). If you used a kit recently and haven't waited long enough, it will show up as light red. /kit reload will reload the kits.yml file (you need the node kits.reload).

Downloads
    The source code is included in the .jar

Planned Changes
    None so far

Changelog:
    Version 1.1
    • Added Permissions 2.7.x/3.x support, if not found uses SuperPerms
    Version 1.0
    • Original Release!
    [​IMG] To me to support my plugins :)

2. Offline

mtbnunu

3. Offline

Epics

Code:
    16:40:44 [SEVERE] null
    org.bukkit.command.CommandException: Unhandled exception executing command 'kit'
     in plugin Kits v1.1
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:37)
            at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:12
    9)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:3
    52)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.handleCommand(NetServerHandler.
    java:737)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.chat(NetServerHandler.java:701)

at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:694)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet3Chat.a(Packet3Chat.java:33)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:89)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:454)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:363)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
            at com.nijiko.permissions.Entry.has(Entry.java:219)
            at com.nijiko.permissions.Entry.hasPermission(Entry.java:195)
            at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.permission(ModularControl.java:
    269)
            at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.permission(ModularControl.java:
    256)
            at com.nijiko.permissions.ModularControl.has(ModularControl.java:249)
            at me.captain.kits.KitCmd.hasPerm(KitCmd.java:105)
            at me.captain.kits.KitCmd.onCommand(KitCmd.java:35)
            at org.bukkit.command.PluginCommand.execute(PluginCommand.java:35)
            ... 12 more
    Happens to me only in the server and I'm the owner.
    Error ingame: "An internal error occurred while attempting to use this command"
    I have all permissions.

Edit: I forgot to add the nodes & delays.
    Fixed it.
    I enjoy and appreciate this plugin a lot. Marvelous work. Keep it up! Try to make a custom warp mod, as there's like no good ones out there! I'd love you long time!

4. Offline

doubledope

I can't get it to work at all. Have been trying for hours.
    I am using PermissionsBukkit-1.1.jar as it seems to be the new way to go (superpermsBridge-1.2.jar too). I had found in a tutorial that I need to use 'superpermbridge.kits.tools: true' but that doesn't seem to work. I am renting a server so I do not have access to the console, but of course can restart the server (before you ask ;) Mods in the right place, every other mods works fine, as they don't need permissions at all. I use the standard kits.yml. '/kit' gives no listed kits. '/kit tools' gives a statement that I dont have enough permission to do that.

Here is my config.yml:

Code:
    users:
        doubledope:
            groups:
            - admin
        senfor:
            groups:
            - user
    groups:
        default:
            permissions:
                superpermbridge.kits.tools: true
        admin:
            permissions:
                permissions.*: true
            inheritance:
            - user
        user:
            permissions:
            permissions.build: true
                    superpermbridge.kits.tools: true
            inheritance:
        build: '&cYou do not have permission to build here.'

I used a lot of different things:
    kits.tools: true
    kits.*: true
    superpermbridge.kits.*: true

Nothing works! It's driving me mad! Can someone please help me?

5. Offline

captainawesome7

@doubledope You need to use the node that you set for the kit in the config file...

6. Offline

doubledope

Thank you for the fast reply.
    I use the standard kits.yml file (you mean that with config file?) so kits.tools should work, right? Otherwise kits.* should grant me permission to all kits and commands if I understand correct.

7. Offline

captainawesome7

I don't know if PermissionsBukkit works but this definitely works with bPermissions and Permissions 2.7.x

8. Offline

doubledope

Ok, maybe I should get that, when I don't get it working otherwise.
    But Shouldn't it work with superpermbridge.kit.tools?

9. Offline

captainawesome7

I don't know, I have no idea what superpermbridge is

10. Offline

doubledope

Ok, thanks for the help anyway. Superpermbridge is the superperms from PermissionsBukkit.
    I got it finally working (only 20 hours trying or so)

For everyone else that tries this and it's not working:
    - check spelling errors.
    - check spaces
    - check version numbers. version 1.1 permissionbukkit.jar doesn't work with version 1.2 superpermsbridge.jar

Thank you for this great plugin! now off making some kits!

11. Offline

codename_B

the superpermbridge is a silly way of doing it - nodes are nodes and you shouldn't have to specify you want them bridged.

12. Offline

Stormbow

Can this plugin be set to allow someone ONE TIME USE access to a kit? For example, a suit of leather armor and wooden tools/sword that can be claimed once.

13. Offline

Charant

Please add the ability to use ID.

14. Offline

captainawesome7

Actually it doesn't allow ONE TIME USE but you could just make the delay 9999999999999999999 and if the server is restarted they can use it again, but that's as close as ur getting.

15. Offline

papand13

Could you make it so that it remembers the time, even at restarts. So users cant get too much goodies. And maybe more customiseability. Like changing the messages.

Thanks! :)
    Papand13

Ps.
    I gave you an Internet. :D

16. Offline

captainawesome7

I can add a lang file or something, but I don't want to save the delay after restarts.

17. Offline

papand13

18. Offline

captainawesome7

19. Offline

papand13

Awesome, Captain! :)

I'll use that workaround then. I can use those cooldowns on other things too. :)

20. Offline

Epics

Code:
    22:08:08 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling Kits v1.1 (Is it up to date?): t
    ried to access method org.bukkit.craftbukkit.command.ColouredConsoleSender.<init
    >(Lorg/bukkit/craftbukkit/CraftServer;)V from class me.captain.kits.Kits
    java.lang.IllegalAccessError: tried to access method org.bukkit.craftbukkit.comm
    and.ColouredConsoleSender.<init>(Lorg/bukkit/craftbukkit/CraftServer;)V from cla
    ss me.captain.kits.Kits
            at me.captain.kits.Kits.onEnable(Kits.java:57)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:126)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:941)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:280)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:174)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:157
    )
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:297)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:284)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:152)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:348)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:417)

21. Offline

captainawesome7

Bukkit changed the colored console so I'm going to have to fix this plugin. Probably later today or tomorrow.

22. Offline

Col1107

Cool plugin, just one question though. What is the delay? Is it like the cool down for the kit? If so is the number the amount of seconds or minutes?

Thanks

23. Offline

captainawesome7

It is the cooldown for the kit in seconds, as clearly stated in the OP.

24. Offline

Epics

Perhaps share the source code so that others could update it?

25. Offline

captainawesome7

You can always decompile...

26. Offline

Epics

I didn't know you could with plugins. I like to have an updated repository

27. Offline

captainawesome7

I'm going to pass...

28. Offline

saul100

update?

29. Offline

captainawesome7

you can update it yourself if you want. change all references to "console.sendMessage" (an instance of ColouredConsoleSender) to System.out.println and it should work fine, as long as you delete the public ColouredConsoleSender console as well

30. Offline

Blade42453

When ever i launch my server the config file isnt in the plugins folder

31. Offline

GROMkill

@captainawesome7 Hey, I use your DispNameChanger mod and I love its simplicity. I was checking this one out, and had a question. Is it possible to have data values in kits, like 373:1 for a certain type of potion, or for dye or wool?