[MISC/INFO] Dynmap-WorldGuard v0.60 - Add WorldGuard regions to Dynmap maps [1.6.2-R1.0+]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Mike Primm, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Offline

Mike Primm

Current Version: 0.60

Current Release
    Latest stable and unstable builds
    Source Code
    Wiki
    IRC: irc.esper.net #dynmap

Supported versions:
    Dynmap-WorldGuard provides a simple way to add visibility of WorldGuard regions to Dynmap's maps. The plugin depends on the presence of both Dynmap and WorldGuard, and interacts directly with the WorldGuard API. Updates to zones are automatically processed (on a settable period - default is once per 5 minutes (300 seconds)). By default, the plugin will be active after simply installing it (by unzipping the distribution into the plugins/ directory and restarting the server).

Outlines will be generated, both for cuboid regions and polygon regions, which will display a customizable popup containing information on the region when clicked.

Visibility of regions can be controlled via the 'visibleregions' and 'hiddenregions' settings. Besides listing the names of the regions to be made visible or hidden, entries with the format 'world:<worldname>' can be used to make all regions on a given world visible or hidden.

Also, the display of the region outlines can be restricted to a minimum zoom-in level, via the 'minzoom' setting. When non-zero, this setting causes the region outlines to only be displayed at or beyond the given zoom-in level.

Note: If you are currently using the region component for WorldGuard in Dynmap, you should disable that support while installing Dynmap-WorldGuard.

Configuration:
    After the first load, there will be a config.yml file in the plugins/Dynmap-WorldGuard directory. Details of the default configuration, and all the provided settings, can be found here

Change Log:
    • 0.60 - Update for WG v5.8, add support to spread update across multiple ticks to avoid lag spikes with large populations of regions
    • 0.50 - Update for WG v5.7.3, support WG Custom Flags, add 'dynmap-boost' custom flat to control resolution boosting on regions
    • 0.30 - Add support for configuration reload when /dynmap reload issued; Add support for 'unownedStrokeColor' attribute - special outline color for unowned regions; Add mcstats.org based anonymous usage stats.
    • 0.16 - Updated for 1.2.4-R1.0
    • 0.15 - Add support for 'world/region-id' formatted IDs for visibleretions. hiddenregions, and cusstyle. Add 'maxdepth' to limit depth of regions shown (1=just top)
    • 0.14 - Fix replaceAll exception, update to WorldGuard v5.4
    • 0.13 - Add 'minzoom' setting to hide outlines below given zoom in level; add 'world:<worldname>' option for 'visibleregions' and 'hiddenregions'
    • 0.12 - Add support for ownerstyle (custom styles for outlines based on owner user or group IDs), and wildcard matches on IDs for custstyle
    • 0.11 - Fix issues when dependencies (dynmap, WorldGuard) load after us
    • 0.10 - Initial Release

MistaGhost, DaEgo, Spectre and 2 others like this.
  2. Offline

Kane

Great idea making Dynmap more modular! Like always keep up the good work!

Tanite likes this.
  3. Offline

nicquehen

Thx ! A little screenshot? :p

4. Offline

Mike Primm

Thanks! The regions components are among the trickier ones to configure for folks, and doing it this way makes it so that folks can just say "yep, I want that", pull it down, add it, and it just works (versus dealing with the YAML in configuration.txt just to get started).

Done!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
    Kane likes this.
  5. Offline

mario00037

On the upper left hand corner there is a house. How did you get that?

6. Offline

Liger_XT5

In the end, each piece of dynmap will be small and simple to figure out and the configs will be short and organized. Much appreciated.

7. Offline

rmkilc

0.25 isn't out yet though....

8. Offline

Mike Primm

Development builds are available here. I'll be releasing 0.25 formally in the next couple of days. 0.24 works, although there are a couple of minor bug fixes that can have an effect on this plugin (specifically, if you're switching between worlds, the outlines from the previous world may not be properly reset; and new zones added while the browser is running may not have their popup defined properly).

9. Offline

rmkilc

Haha ok, yes I see one of those bugs, as I am trying it with 0.24.

10. Offline

Mike Primm

That's from the Marker component in the base Dynmap - there are a set of commands (/dmarker) that allow you to specify markers on the map, and we've got a library of standard markers defined (otherwise, you can edit your own and register them for use). See https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/wiki/Commands for the commands, https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/wiki/Using-markers for the stock markers and their IDs, and the Marker Component section of https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/wiki/Component-Configuration for the configuration options. There's also a sign-based marker option - if enabled in the component configuration, you can allow signs to be used to create markers (details on the Component-Configuration page).

Yep - also, I think these smaller 'sub-plugins' will serve as examples for folks that have their own ideas for things to contribute to our maps.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

11. Offline

MaMaxGER

12. Offline

CaptureCraft

Any chance of a Towny Dynmap one?

13. Offline

Curxe

version is missing in description.nice will test it out.

14. Offline

Mike Primm

15. Offline

bizzig

This just isn't working for me. Dynmap isn't showing anything when I create regions. I positive Ive installed it all correctly (created a folder "Dynmap-WorldGuard" with the config file in it, and put it and the .jar in the plugins directory), but nothings happening.

16. Offline

Mike Primm

Are you running with Dynmap 0.25 or later?

17. Offline

bizzig

Downloaded the latest worldedit, worlguard, and dynmap (which is 0.25). I've taken all the files and tried again. Put the dynmap-worldguard.jar in the plugins folder. Started the server. It says in the startup "dynmap-worldguard initializing", but nothing happens. I look at my files and it hasn't created a folder (dynmap-worldguard folder). It's just not loading.

"ive taken all the files" = "Ive deleted all the files"

18. Offline

Mike Primm

Can I get a link to your map?

19. Offline

bizzig

I pm'd it. Is there something Im supposed to do in the configuration.txt file of dynmap? I was looking at it, and theres a bunch of commented lines regarding dynmap worldguard. I tried uncommenting them, and it just caused dynmap not to work at all.

20. Offline

Mike Primm

You don't want to use the old dynmap worldguard support - this stuff is replacing it, so you'll want to keep that stuff removed. You're map doesn't show any signs of us being registered in - first thing I'd suggest is moving to 0.25.1 (unless you don't have PermissionsEx - there was a nasty bug with PeX and 0.25). What messages do you get from dynmap-WorldGuard during startup?

21. Offline

Silentshadow

I seem to be having an issue here. I am using bukkit build 1470 ( I am behind, I know ). I want two regions hidden that are on two separate worlds. I see the line in the config file to hide regions. How are they supposed to be listed on there? I have them like this inside the brackets shown there [ region1 region2 ] is that incorrect or should they be listed vertical and have a mention of the world they are in somewhere?

I am using the latest versions of Dynmap and Dynmap - Worldguard.

22. Offline

bizzig

Upgraged to 0.25.1, still nothing.
    Heres what it says during startup in MCMYAdmin :

CONSOLE: Essentials: Using config based permissions. Enable superperms in config.
    CONSOLE: This server is running Craftbukkit version git-Bukkit-1.8.1-R4-62-gdc48657-b1538jnks (MC: 1.0.0) (Implementing API version 1.0.0-R1-SNAPSHOT)
    CONSOLE: MLog clients using java 1.4+ standard logging.
    CONSOLE: Default game type: 0
    CONSOLE: Loaded Essentials build Pre2.7.1.7 by: Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo, ceulemans, Xeology, KHobbits
    CONSOLE: Essentials: Using config based permissions. Enable superperms in config.
    CONSOLE: Loaded EssentialsChat build Pre2.7.1.7 by: essentials team
    CONSOLE: Initializing c3p0-0.9.1.2 [built 21-May-2007 15:04:56; debug? true; trace: 10]
    CONSOLE: Loaded EssentialsProtect build Pre2.7.1.7 by: essentials team
    CONSOLE: Loaded EssentialsSpawn build Pre2.7.1.7 by: essentials team
    iConomy: - Celty] Enabled (20 ms)
    Essentials: Payment method found (iConomy version: 6)
    CONSOLE: McMyAdmin Compatibility Plugin version r16B started.
    CONSOLE: WorldEdit 4.7 enabled.
    CONSOLE: WorldEdit: Using the Bukkit Permissions API.
    CONSOLE: WorldGuard: Using the Bukkit Permissions API.
    CONSOLE: WorldGuard: (world) Single session is enforced.
    CONSOLE: WorldGuard: (world) TNT ignition is PERMITTED.
    CONSOLE: WorldGuard: (world) Lighters are PERMITTED.
    CONSOLE: WorldGuard: (world) Lava fire is blocked.
    CONSOLE: WorldGuard: (world) Fire spread is UNRESTRICTED.
    CONSOLE: WorldGuard: Loaded configuration for world 'world"
    CONSOLE: WorldGuard: (world_nether) Single session is enforced.
    CONSOLE: WorldGuard: (world_nether) TNT ignition is PERMITTED.
    CONSOLE: WorldGuard: (world_nether) Lighters are PERMITTED.
    CONSOLE: WorldGuard: (world_nether) Lava fire is blocked.
    CONSOLE: WorldGuard: (world_nether) Fire spread is UNRESTRICTED.
    CONSOLE: WorldGuard: Loaded configuration for world 'world_nether"
    CONSOLE: WorldGuard: (world_the_end) Single session is enforced.
    CONSOLE: WorldGuard: (world_the_end) TNT ignition is PERMITTED.
    CONSOLE: WorldGuard: (world_the_end) Lighters are PERMITTED.
    CONSOLE: WorldGuard: (world_the_end) Lava fire is blocked.
    CONSOLE: WorldGuard: (world_the_end) Fire spread is UNRESTRICTED.
    CONSOLE: WorldGuard: Loaded configuration for world 'world_the_end"
    CONSOLE: WorldGuard: 4 regions loaded for 'world'
    CONSOLE: WorldGuard 5.3 enabled.
    ChestShop: WorldGuard version 5.3 loaded.
    ChestShop: version 3.29 initialized!
    ChestShop: iConomy 6 loaded.
    Dynmap-WorldGuard: initializing
    dynmap: Using Bukkit Permissions (superperms) for access control
    dynmap: Loaded 12 shaders.
    dynmap: Loaded 82 perspectives.
    dynmap: Loaded 7 lightings.
    dynmap: Loaded 2 maps of world 'world'.
    dynmap: Loaded 2 maps of world 'world_nether'.
    dynmap: Loaded 2 maps of world 'world_the_end'.
    dynmap: Dynmap WebServer started on /96.8.119.227:27466
    dynmap: version 0.25.1-624 is enabled
    CONSOLE: PermissionsBukkit v1.2 is now enabled
    CONSOLE: Essentials: Using PermissionsBukkit based permissions.
    CONSOLE: Server permissions file permissions.yml is empty, ignoring it

23. Offline

Mike Primm

Its standard YAML - string list is [ string, string, string ] OR
    Code:
     - string1
     - string2
     - string3

Can you confirm you're working with the 0.11 release of Dynmap-WorldGuard? I don't see how (assuming bukkit dependency handling is working right) the dynmap plugin can enable before Dynmap-WorldGuard.

24. Offline

ki2007

I have the same problem whit regions not showing up in the map.

Code:
    13:09:59 [INFO] [dynmap] Using Permissions 2.7.7 for access control
    13:10:00 [INFO] [dynmap] Loaded 12 shaders.
    13:10:00 [INFO] [dynmap] Loaded 82 perspectives.
    13:10:00 [INFO] [dynmap] Loaded 7 lightings.
    13:10:00 [INFO] [dynmap] Loaded 3 maps of world 'world'.
    13:10:00 [INFO] [dynmap] Loaded 2 maps of world 'world_nether'.
    13:10:00 [INFO] [dynmap] Loaded 2 maps of world 'world_the_end'.
    13:10:00 [INFO] [dynmap] Dynmap WebServer started on null:8123
    13:10:00 [INFO] [dynmap] version 0.25.1-624 is enabled
    13:10:00 [INFO] [Dynmap-WorldGuard] initializing
    13:10:00 [INFO] [Dynmap-WorldGuard] version 0.11 is activated

Also tried many combinations whit:

Dynmap-WorldGuard .10 .11 unstable HEAD
    Dynmap .25 .25.1 unstable HEAD

25. Offline

Mike Primm

Yours is different - you've got Dynmap-WorldGuard showing as activated, and is loading after dynmap (which is what the dependencies in the plugin dictate). What does your configuration look like, and can I get a link to your map?

26. Offline

bizzig

I can confirm I am using D-WG 0.11. I just shutdown the server, deleted the .jar, restarted, shutdown, installed .jar again, restarted.....and I am getting the same thing.

27. Offline

bizzig

I've figured it out....kinda. Im through "Fragnet.net". When I install Dynmap through them, Dynmap worldguard does not activate. When I install Dynmap using FTP, Dynmap worlguard activates, but dynmap itself will not work. Not sure why this is. When I install through them....I get a notice "dynmap: Dynmap WebServer started on /96.8.119.227:27466"...when the port numbers you give are ":8123". When I installing it on my own, neither "27466" nor "8123" works...and that command line telling me the webserver address doesn't appear at all. So Im guessing its just not going to work at all with fragnet. I'll have to contact them.
    Thanks for your help though on the matter, much appreciated!

28. Offline

ChrisX930

heya,
    is it possible to disable one or more regions from the dynmap? I wont to see "all" because there are too many
    For example:
    disable: region1, region5, region6

29. Offline

Mike Primm

If you set the 'hiddenregions' to the list of regions you want to hide:
    Code:
    hiddenregions: [ region1, region5, region6 ]

That should do the trick.

On a hosted box, you usually have to do two things: change the default port (lots of folks use dynmap, so 8123 gets taken a lot on hosted boxes), and get the hoster to open the port that you assign on their firewall. The trick with installing dynmap using FTP is that its not just a JAR - its got a tree full of files, and needs all of them (and you need to be sure that the resulting directories are writable, which usually means that the account doing the FTP and/or extract needs to be the same account as the server runs under.

ChrisX930 likes this.
  30. Offline

bizzig

Yes they are using port 27466 on my server, which works fine on dynmap. But it won't seem to work with dynmap-worldguard.