Inactive [MISC] HeroSneak 1.2.4 - The Auto Sneak plugin to hide your name! [302~1337]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by SquallSeeD31, Feb 18, 2011.

1. Offline

Mr_Mellow

Okay sweet. thanks

2. Offline

Mohye

Thank for your plugin!
    But is there a way to make all the people sneaking and unsneaking with an admin command?
    And make someone else sneaking?

3. Offline

SquallSeeD31

Not presently; as with all other feature requests if there's a lot of support for it I can look into it.

4. Offline

airsoftinva

Oh man! We made a Woods Arrow arena on my server (paintball or airsoft, just in minecraft) and this would be sooo useful!

5. Offline

verboseone

Works [720]

6. Offline

Kartus

works 733.

i have autosneak for every player on logon. When a player dies, he loose autosneak. can you please fix this? i don't want them to be able to NOT sneak.

7. Offline

SquallSeeD31

It was intended by design and technical limitations to lose sneak upon death, but when I get home I'll take a look at 733 and see if Bukkit fixed the underlying issue yet.

8. Offline

airsoftinva

This + our Woods Arrow arena = best plugin ever. I love it.

9. Offline

ZacGod

Plugin is amazing.
    Bugs I've noticed:
    Breaks on /tp.
    Breaks on multiverse portals.
    Breaks on death.

10. Offline

SquallSeeD31

Plugin/CraftBukkit version?

I'm going to have to dig deeper into the notchcode and maybe bypass Bukkit entirely to fix this, because I'm using Bukkit's API to set the sneaking status of a player. If there's an underlying bug in their code or a technical limitation that their API presents, I may just build against CraftBukkit instead and fix it myself.

11. Offline

ZacGod

Squall it seems from the bugs I'm having the easiest solution would be to.
    - disable then enable sneak for players that come through Multiverse portals and Teleports(/tp) that have "autosneak" enabled
    -run a loop through all the players list disabling and re-enabling their sneak status if the players on the list have it set on.

Edit: cb733

12. Offline

SquallSeeD31

The funny thing is, your latter recommendation is *exactly how HeroSneak has worked since it was released*; the "refresh interval" sets how often this happens (specifically, that the program loops over the list of currently-sneaking players and explicitly sets OFF and then sets ON their sneak status).

Released 1.2.2 to (hopefully) fix this problem once and for all.

Unfortunately there is a *minor* window of exposure to serious raiders, but that window is capped at the refresh interval.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  13. Offline

Azukay

Great plugin, it allows me to actually be hidden in my secret floors and tunnels :)

14. Offline

Kartus

using 1.1.0. whats difference between the 2 red marked options in config?

15. Offline

SquallSeeD31

"refreshInterval:" is an old configuration value and may be safely ignored. If you have 1.2.X+, it will automatically be removed for you to avoid confusion.

16. Offline

ZacGod

I have a feature request.

Can you make it so when a user in sneakmode enters a world where they don't have permissions to use sneakmode it will automatically disable itself? Other then that plugin is perfect :D!

17. Offline

SquallSeeD31

Is there an event that's thrown by CraftBukkit when a user changes worlds? I'm not familiar with that, specifically. Basically, to add your feature request, I'd have to have some way of knowing when a user changes worlds.

18. Offline

WhereIsWes

Hey, nice mod :) Is there anyway to make names invisible at all times? (just like when sneaking behind a wall)
    Thanks

19. Offline

SquallSeeD31

Completely invisible, even in line of sight?

No, or at least not via the Bukkit API. It may be possible through some creative server hacking, but it's beyond the scope of this plugin. It may even be a client issue, which would mean your users would all need to be running a client mod to see it.

20. Offline

Ganadewa

really good idea. thank ya

21. Offline

phondeux

Works fine in 818, spawn world or nether.

22. Offline

SquallSeeD31

I was actually about to post that myself, but thank you very much for giving an in-the-wild test case. =)

23. Offline

phondeux

This plugin is a necessary component for our pvp server so it had to be done and thought I'd share. :)

24. Offline

acetech09

Source?

25. Offline

SquallSeeD31

26. Offline

acetech09

27. Offline

EniGmA1987

Yes this is a necessary plugin for PvP server. Thank you for creating it and maintaining this plugin.

28. Offline

ZacGod

Squall, could we please get an update to disable to the plugin in separate worlds? I have a PvP area and with full auto-sneak which is one of the most useful plugins I have. The problem I have is that users are still using sneak in towns worlds and my creative worlds also once they leave the PvP world. please help!

29. Offline

othergamers

It doesnt work for me ;c

30. Offline

Kainzo

Still works great ;)