Inactive [MISC] AutoSort 0.6.5 - Sort your items into chests [1.2.5-R4.0]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by TheJuggernaut0, Jan 25, 2012.

1. Offline

TheJuggernaut0

CURRENT VERSION: 0.6.5
    Create a network of chests along with one or more drop points that automatically sorts your items! Possible uses include: warehouses, mail/delivery systems, community resource stockpiles, long range transport, automated smelters, vending machines and much more!
    Feel free to post or PM me your server's IP! I'd love to see how you use AutoSort.
    Also, check out my site for early releases, dev versions, new plugins, and more!http://www.collisio.com/

DOWNLOAD at BukkitDev: http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/autosort/

Usage:
    1. Place an empty chest against a wall.
    2. On the wall above the chest, place a sign
    3. On the first line of the sign, put "*netName", netName being whatever you want to call the network.
    4. On the second line of the sign, put the material name, ID, list of IDs, or custom group name that you want to be in the chest, or "misc" if you want it to be an assorted chest.
    5. Place a sign post anywhere, with the first line being "*netName", the second line being blank.
    OR
    Place another chest, with another wall sign above it, again with the first line being "*netName" but leave the second line blank. This creates a "drop chest." You can have as many drop signs or drop chests as you need.
    6. Throw items onto the sign post or place them in the drop chest, and watch them disappear to be sorted into your chests!
    Like so: http://i.imgur.com/unDvd.png
    And so: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8ojJETj6aA (Big thanks to Arcania for the vid!)
    Additional Features
    - To create custom material groups, edit the config.yml in the AutoSort data folder. A sample group has been provided so you can see the syntax. Be sure to use the numeric ID's not the material name.
    - You can also use the ingame command to add material groups.
    - You can add dispensers to networks as well as chests.
    - You can set furnaces as sort chests to automatically supply coal and ores and sort smelted items.
    - In the config, you can set a default proximity, as well as exceptions for certain networks. Once a network is created, new sort chests can only be placed within a set number of blocks from the first chest. A value of 0 means unlimited distance.
    - You can set a few options for your chests on the fourth line of the sign. Multiple types options can be put on the same sign.
    - - Control the priority of the chest by putting "P:#" on the fourth line of the sign, where # is a number from 1 to 4, 1 being highest priority. Default priority is 2.
    - - If you want to put your sort sign somewhere other than above the chest, put "D:#" on the fourth line, where # is either N, E, S, W, NE, NW, SE, SW, U, or D, representing the cardinal direction where the chest is in relation to the sign. Default is D.
    Withdraw Chests:
    Once you have a network set up, you can designate a 'withdraw chest' by putting "#netName" on the first line of the sign. From this chest you can access and retreive the contents of the network. A withdraw chest acts as a sort of backward drop chest.
    To use a withdraw chest, simply right click on the sign. Scroll up and down with your scroll wheel to select an item type, then right click again. Scroll up and down again to select an amount. Right click once more to confirm, and the items you requested will be in the chest. If there weren't enough items in the network, then the chest will contain as many as possible. If the withdraw chest is full, it will not take the items. Left click any time throughout the process to cancel. Moving too far away from the withdraw chest also causes the process to cancel.
    Commands:
    - /autosort [netName]
    Sorts your entire inventory into the specified network.
    - /asreload
    Reloads the plugin.
    - /addasgroup [group name] [IDs separated by spaces]
    Adds a custom material group.
    - /modasgroup [group name] [IDs separated by spaces]
    Add additional items to a material group.
    - /delasgroup [group name]
    Delete a material group.
    - /ascleanup
    Cleans up the networks, removing broken chests and empty networks.
    - /addtonet [netName] [players separated by spaces]
    Adds players to the specified network so they can create chests in it.
    - /listasgroups
    Lists all custom material groups.
    - /aswithdraw [mat | amount] [matName/ID | number]
    Sets the material or amount on the withdraw chest that you are currently using.
    Permissions:
    autosort.use - The ability to create Sort Chests
    autosort.use.withdraw - The ability to create WIthdraw Chests. Parent of autosort.use andautosort.aswithdraw
    autosort.create - The ability to create new Sort Networks. Parent of autosort.use
    autosort.override - The ability to use any network regardless of membership, and the ability to add members to any network, regardless of ownership
    autosort.autosort - The ability to use /autosort
    autosort.reload - The ability to use /asreload
    autosort.addasgroup - The ability to use /addasgroup. Parent to .modasgroup and .delasgroup.
    autosort.modasgroup - The ability to use /modasgroup
    autosort.delasgroup - The ability to use /delasgroup
    autosort.ascleanup - The ability to use /ascleanup
    autosort.addtonet - The ability to use /addtonet
    autosort.listasgroups - The ability to use /listasgroups
    autosort.aswithdraw - The ability to use /aswithdraw
    autosort.* - Parent to all other nodes
    autosort.common - Parent to autosort.use, .create, .autosort, .addtonet, and .listasgroups. Intended for normal users to have.
    Networks are secured by ownership. The creator of the network becomes it's owner, and is the only one who can add, destroy, or access chests in that network. An admin, the network owner, or the console can use /addtonet to add other players to the network so they can use it as well. Players with the .override permission may access any network regardless of ownership or membership.
    Changelog:
    - 0.6.5 | Better material group manipulation and some other stuff:
    • Fixed console errors when trying to use a withdraw chest on an empty network.
    • D:L and D:R are now valid option for specifying direction
    • Added a command to add to a custom group rather than having to overwrite it (/modasgroup)
    • Added a command to delete custom groups (/delasgroups)
    Older versions are here.
    Coming Soon:
    - Many bugfixes!
    Known Issues:
    - Reports of networks not existing when they do - Cannot reproduce
    - Reports of networks not being created when they should be - Cannot reproduce
    - Drop chests sometimes do not sort their contents - Cannot reproduce
    - Item duplication with more than one type of chest - Cannot reproduce
    - Withdraw chests won't let you select more than 1 of a material, randomly - Cannot reproduce
    - 0.6.3 security improvements not working at all on some servers - Cannot reproduce
    If you are experiencing an error posted here that I cannot reproduce, still make a bug report. Include as much relevant info as possible, including other plugins that edit chests, block placing, sign placing, or sign text. Also include plugins such as NoLagg, or anything that interferes with scheduled tasks.

toastonrye likes this.
  2. Offline

TheJuggernaut0

Huge 0.2 update

3. Offline

Vinceguy1

Dude this looks amazing i hope this gets moved into the plugins released

4. Offline

md_5

Please update to 1.1-R4

5. Offline

TheJuggernaut0

Aww man, forgot about this. Now that I'm updating again, can this get moved out the inactive forums?

6. Offline

toastonrye

Hey would there be a way to have a two signs that interact with the same furnace?
    Like one sign would direct coal into the lower half and any smelting ores into the top half (if a furnace is available, maybe like a que system?)

Then another sign by the furnace could watch the product end of the furnace (ingots, etc). It would then sort those gold/iron ingots further into appropriate chests, as a final product.

Is that a tall order? I am wonder because since you added the NW, NE , etc directions that maybe having two signs interact with the same furnace is plausible.

7. Offline

TheJuggernaut0

I was just thinking about that a few days ago. I think it would be easier to just have the same sign supply the furnace with coal from a drop chest or lower priority chest and take the result. That would be less confusing as well. I'll work that in soon.

toastonrye likes this.
  8. Offline

monaxide

Does this plugin conflict with Lockette?
    Any info regarding this would be helpful for me since im considering including your plugin on my server

9. Offline

TheJuggernaut0

AutoSort should not conflict with Lockette, LWC, or any other chest protection plugin. AutoSort only modifies the inventories of chests, not who can open them. However, this means that it completely disregards locks and may put your items into a locked chest than you cannot access if you are not careful.

10. Offline

toastonrye

Yea you are right. My ideas are never short and sweet.

Is there a limit to how many items you can place in one group, I have 18 IDs for example in one called TOOLS.

Oh and I absolutely love your plugin! It made my day when I found it the other night.

EDIT:

So I was wondering why when I placed a sign I recieve "sort chest with material(s) 12 and priority 2 added to the network toast" several times. I checked the yml file and there isn't a pile of chests defined like that.

I just got spammed that message 6 times. Any thoughts?

11. Offline

TheJuggernaut0

Thanks for the feedback!
    Make sure you reload your server after modifying the config, or else the changes won't take place in game. I'm not sure why the config would revert, though.
    There is no limit to how many items can be in group.

I noticed that while testing a while back I got a message twice, but now I can't seem to reproduce it. The only way multiple messages could happen is that a sign change event is called multiple times right after you click Done. Do you have any plugins that edit signs or otherwise affect signs and how they set text?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 23, 2016
  12. Offline

toastonrye

Thanks for your replies.

I have LWC, it is my only protection for signs. I have no other plugins that interact with signs, no economy stuff.
    I just did a sign like this:
    *toast
    MISC

P:4 D:U

And I got that message 8 times, it really isn't a huge concern. Initially I was worried it was adding other chests in the area, but it isn't. Also I did notice I couldn't do D:U P:4 on the 4th line, the priority had to come first.

Oh and reloading the server, I finally figured that out, obvious oversight on my part.

EDIT:

I was wondering about a possible feature. I don't want my users creating drop chests everywhere or using /autosort because they can transfer items back to base way too easily.

So I only gave them the autosort.use permission. However I noticed you could potentially create a MISC chest at base with a priority of 1. Then randomly somewhere else make a MISC chest with a low priority of 4. It will instantly shuffle those items back home.

Could creating misc chests have a permission node? So that only mods/admins could set them up, or something of the like? That would be perfect... I just realized that is potential for any sort chest, gah I'm out of ideas.

13. Offline

TheJuggernaut0

I tried testing with several chests, even one identical to the one you posted above, and could not get the message more than once. Also, it doesn't matter if the priority comes first or not, it works for me either way. Are you sure you have the latest version?

14. Offline

toastonrye

Yes v0.5.2 . I'll be playing around with it this weekend before I let my users have permission. If it is a mistake I have made I'll be sure to reply. Thanks anyhow.

Oh and I am infact running 1.2.5 R.2

15. Offline

TheJuggernaut0

I could add a configurable proximity check so chests only sort to other chests within a certain radius, but this seems to not be that big of a deal. Do your players not have /home, where they could get home easily anyway?

16. Offline

toastonrye

Yes but my thinking was if they were out in no mans land mining, they wouldn't have to worry about using /home and then trying to find their way back to the mine.

But you are right, it is not that big of a deal. I do however really like the sorting to a configurable radius. Each different network would have its individual radius parameter. Would be neat.

17. Offline

edragy

Nice plugin, very useful, thanks for all the hard work you put into this!

Diamonds for you! [diamond] [diamond][diamond][diamondblock]

18. Offline

TheJuggernaut0

Woo, 1000 downloads, thanks everybody!

toastonrye likes this.
  19. Offline

toastonrye

I just upgraded to 0.6.0 ( I'm still running 1.2.5 R2.0 fyi)

Everything works awesome. I don't get spammed several messages upon adding chests to networks. I also haven't had to reload yet because of the sorting stopping.

A big thanks again!

EDIT

You mention taking suggestions;
    - Permission node for creating withdrawl chest?
    - I really like the idea of the sort to proxy (configurable radius, for each network)

20. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Is it possible to add data values support? My planks are getting messed up when I want to withdraw them. The different colours are not supported, I just get 1 kind of planks.

21. Offline

TheJuggernaut0

Yes, that's in the plans. It'll probably be in 0.6.1 in the next few days.

22. Offline

TheJuggernaut0

Damage value support has been added, although I plan to work on it some more to clean it up.

23. Offline

rock2243

First of all I love this plugin
    but it isn't working since 1.2.5-R4.0
    I create a drop chest for my network and it says drop chest created but then it doesn't sort any items that I put into the chest they just sit there as if it was a normal chest
    ps: im gonna post here and on bukkit dev pick one to reply and ignore the other

24. Offline

toastonrye

Just updated to 125 R4 and got 0.6.2 AutoSort. Amazing! Thank you so much for adding the proximity check, I like how it is implemented.

25. Offline

TheJuggernaut0

Thanks, glad you like it.
    There will be an update with vast improvements to network security coming in the next few days, probably tomorrow, and an even bigger update with a bunch of bug fixes later after that, so make sure to check back regularly!

26. Offline

toastonrye

Quick question, I set the proximity to 10, then when new network chests are created it says "You can only place chests within 10 blocks of the original chest".

Is that the original chest to the specific network I hope? And is it the drop chest or the first sort chest?

Thanks.

27. Offline

TheJuggernaut0

Yes, it is specific to the network. And the original chest refers to the first sort chest created, or the second if the first was destroyed, or so on. Drop chests are not technically part of networks, so they don't count, but they can still not be placed outside the proximity radius.

Are you saying that the message comes up even when you place the new chest inside the radius?

28. Offline

toastonrye

No the message works fine, I just didn't understand how it worked at first.

I was thinking the proximity worked as sort of a linkage chain type situation. Like if I set proximity to 3, then any chest made needed to be within 3 blocks of another chest in that same network. It isn't an issue I just need to make my first chest sort of the 'center' of my storage room so the proximity works out.

Oh, and I started seeing that spam again, not sure if you recall but I bought that up quite a while back.

Anyways thanks for your answers.

29. Offline

TheJuggernaut0

I thought about having it be a chain system like that, but then it would be easy to creep low priority chests down caves if the proximity was any higher than 15 or so.

About the message spamming, it seems to happen when there a multiple instances of the plugin running at the same time. It's possible you have some plugin that is disrupting your server's reload when you type /reload. Stopping the server then restarting it will fix the spam, but I'm not sure how to prevent the reload problem.

toastonrye likes this.
  30. Offline

toastonrye

Ah, perfect. I didn't know that. No more message spams!