[MISC] AmbientSeasons 1.5.0 - Seasonal Rotator and Calendar [Spout] [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by olloth, Aug 3, 2011.

1. Offline

olloth

maniacmusic, kahlilnc and dark_hunter like this.
  2. Offline

JdRed

Hi just updated to 1.4.2 as per your link but the console is still showing 1.4.1 when loaded, is your d/l link up to date or is it still supposed to show 1.4.1 in the console ?

thanks !

edit: Also forgot to mention that there is a message in my spoutcraft command window saying that the custom textures for lava and water weren't found even though the plugin d/l the texture pack ok, is that a bug? Its not had an impact on performance so far but noticed it today in the screen.

3. Offline

olloth

Weird I just triple checked the link, it says 1.4.2 in plugin.yml, and it displays based on that. Try downloading again?

As for the bug, it sounds more like the texture pack you are using doesn't have custom lava/water. It's not going to effect anything if it doesn't, but if you are using one of my recommended sets then please let me know which one so I can check they aren't broken.

4. Offline

Daxiongmao87

thanks for the quick reply, it would be very cool :)

5. Offline

olloth

Version 1.4.3
    • Updated to CB RB 1060 and the new Spout RB 1.0.2
    Minor update, 6 whole letters. You don't need this unless you are on the new 1060/latest spout RB but I am not the type of person to continue supporting old RBs for very long. (With new updates that is)

6. does it snow when its winter?

7. Offline

olloth

Not yet, working on that.

8. i want it when it works like that :))

9. Offline

Haekon

How about this:
    // Names of all the seasons seasons: - Djilba, 30 - Kamba, 30 - Birak, 31 - Bunuru, 32 - Djeran, 28 - Makuru, 30...where the number after the comma is the number of days in each month/season.

Just an idea.

Damned thing reformatted my spacing. Well...you get the idea.

10. Offline

olloth

I should go ahead and put that in my TODO: thanks

Version 1.5.0
    • Added weather type changing based on season/biome (Ie snow in most places in a winter season)
    • Rebuilt the config a little bit, may need to be redone if yours is custom
    • New weather hook requires Spout RB 121 or later
    :)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  11. Offline

Haekon

No, thank YOU.

Now, if/when we get weather controls, we can do all kinds of rediculous shit. Looking forward to having an Alaska-styled 4 months of complete darkness MUAHAHAHAHAAHAAAAA!

Also...does anybody know of an alternate set of links for the Meizme packs? I mentioned this on his thread as well, but Spout doesn't like dropbox links.

I'd host them on the same server I host the game on, but since the texture packs don't get saved once they're downloaded (they download EACH AND EVERY FRIGGIN LOGIN) I'm afraid I'll overload my allotted bandwidth.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

12. Offline

olloth

it doesn't like dropbox links? really? I haven't heard anything of the sort

13. Offline

BioRage

Dropbox doesn't have an infinite amount of resources for user's to download i think for Spout anyways.

Use a FTP or a website.

Ps your plugin is bomb.

14. Offline

NinjaGrinch

Any chance a command can be added to view the Season/Day/Etc? I use mcMMO and the HUD overlaps with this plugins HUD. It'd be nicer if I could just have my users do /season or something. :)

15. Offline

olloth

You can change the Y value of the HUD to move it down more, since the GUI stuff changed I guess I will also add the ability to change the X value. But, thank you for reminding me. I was planning on adding an /asdate command that print out the date instead. That'll be in the next release along with the X value on the HUD.

Oh right. Well the hosting for that texture pack is out of my hands, people will have to find their own hosting for other texture packs if the texture pack author doesn't provide it. ExtraNoise of Quandary texture packs graciously allows me to use his regular hosting.

16. Offline

NinjaGrinch

I did try that but I honestly thought it felt cluttered with so much going on up there. Glad to see you will be adding a /asdate though.

17. Offline

BioRage

The message wasn't for you, was for the others, just happened to quote you :)

Your a developer, and an author of this plugin, enough work from you has came out! People can find their hosting ^.^

18. Offline

NinjaGrinch

Another request, a way to force a season switch? Perhaps the command can be /as {seasonname}?

19. Offline

olloth

You will have to use '/time add' and then 24000 times the number of days left in the current season if you are on calc_type: world.

Ninja Grinch likes this.
  20. Offline

NinjaGrinch

Ah, thanks.

21. Offline

BioRage

Ended up just replacing the bottom with the dokulink, and removing 1x spring 1x summer *solved

I'm confused, mind helping me?

All the way down

Versus
    What's the differance? Because I have it all linked properly.. It generates the Quandry files over goign to the Dokuones.

Ended up just replacing the bottom with the dokulink, and removing 1x spring 1x summer *solved

Also I just noticed
    Why are there 2 springs / summers?

22. Offline

FlayaN

If you have 6 seasons some of them have to duplicate. 6/4 is not 1 :p

23. Offline

BioRage

It auto generates it, not self created.

24. Offline

olloth

Yeah, but that still applies. I have 6 season texture packs to work with. I didn't want to make 6 weird season settings, so I made 4 regular season settings and applied them weird. Best I can do for now, I'll make it more customizable later.

Also, yeah sorry about that. I got rid of season_urls: and moved the urls inside the seasons: part. I plan on adding more options to each season: besides URL: and season_type: so it made more sense to do it that way.

25. Offline

Haekon

Dunno what the hell I did to fix it, but it's working perfectly now. Very nice, Olloth

26. Offline

BioRage

No worries, fixed now.. jsut had to replace your 6 to 4, and copy the URL, i hope it's the proper way.. !

27. Offline

meizme

i have updated the urls
    check them out here
    Or click the spoiler.
    Show Spoiler

seasons:
    Spring:
    season_type: Spring
    URL: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36246872/Doku_2.7.1_Meizme_Ed_Spring.zip
    Summer:
    season_type: Summer
    URL: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36246872/Doku_2.7.1_Meizme_Ed_Summer.zip
    Fall:
    season_type: Fall
    URL: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36246872/Doku_2.7.1_Meizme_Ed_Fall.zip
    Winter:
    season_type: Winter
    URL: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36246872/Doku_2.7.1_Meizme_Ed_Winter.zip
    enabled_worlds:
    - world
    calendar_world: world
    season_length: 14
    weekdays:
    - Sunday
    - Monday
    - Tuesday
    - Wednesday
    - Thursday
    - Friday
    - Saturday
    calc_type: world
    seconds: 526970
    seconds_in_day: 60
    date_message: '{WEEKDAY} the 08/02/11{MOD} of {SEASON} {YEAR}AD'
    HUD_Y: 10

i didnt notice the update until today, my apologies.

Show Spoiler

<Name of the Season> Spring:
    <How the weather will be handled IE: rain in spring, snow in winter> season_type: Spring
    <Where the pack is for Download> URL: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/36246872/Doku_2.7.1_Meizme_Ed_Spring.zip

@BioRage
    I noticed your comment a page or two back.
    I was not aware that dropbox download limits would come into play, can you recommend another host?

28. Offline

BioRage

Your tag didn't work, because my name is BioRage :)

Unfortunately I do not, but I can look around. However, I'm not 100% confirmed that it does or does not, I assume.

Does it not work?

29. Offline

meizme

I have only had people complain when i make mistakes... like updating the packs and not adjusting the urls.. but i don't want anyone to miss out on DOKU's amazing art because a host sux.

@BioRage

30. Offline

olloth

Thanks

31. Offline

meizme

Np, i need to update the banner i made actually i have made so many changes since then it looks way different.
    If the better half doesn't have a bunch for me to do tomorrow i guess ill do that and get it to you.