[MINIGAME] Cranked! Based on the new "Cod: Ghosts"

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by edm wasrevilosmith1999, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Offline

Onlineids

I have this finished I am looking for new killstreaks before I release though any ideas?

2. Offline

whitehooder

Seems like a hoax.

xXSniperzzXx_SD Great work so far :)

3. Wow just been looking at the progress of this plugin xXSniperzzXx_SD And it looks like you are doing a very good job! Thanks!

xXSniperzzXx_SD Do you think if I pm you my server IP you could put it as a "Test Server" for this minigame considering I came up with this idea that could potentially become very popular? Thanks for your help!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2016
  4. Offline

mattrick

God I was working on it then 35 replies later....

5. Offline

xXSniperzzXx_SD

mattrick16
    Well you said you were going to if no one else did, then didn't post anything after that.

6. Offline

mattrick

Yeah I know its fine :) I just was working on it to get an idea of the game. Anyway great idea and would love to see it when it is done.

7. Offline

xXSniperzzXx_SD

edm wasrevilosmith1999
    The first public version of Cranked will only by FFA, then Once it's out and 90% of bugs are gone, i can add teams.(The way I coded it so far allows for each arena to have different settings)

mattrick16
    Well the source is avalible on my GitHub for anyone that wants to see it.

8. Offline

mattrick

Looks good :) the thought of runnables makes me want to put my hands over my ears and run.

9. Offline

xXSniperzzXx_SD

<font color="#141414">@edm wasrevilosmith1999</font>
    <font color="#141414">I'd say it's ready for a beta test. Currently it doesn't have many extra features to make it more Fun and exciting, but I first want to get the actual game play out of the way.</font>

<font color="#141414">Just somethings I have added:</font>
    * <font color="#141414"> Any setting in the config under</font><font color="#141414">(Settings.Global)</font><font color="#141414">Example:</font>

<font color="#141414">Settings:</font>
    <font color="#141414"><font color="#ffffff">..</font>Global:</font>

<font color="#141414"> Can be copied and pasted into any arena settings</font>
    * <font color="#141414">By default during a game a scoreboard is shown for simple stats(Configurable) But if you hold shift you can see kills and deaths for that game.</font>
    * <font color="#141414"> All messages are configurable</font>
    * <font color="#141414"> And just by looking in the config you should see a bunch of settings to play with</font>

<font color="#141414"> <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 5, 2016
  10. Thanks, Just testing it on a test server now, thanks!

The game is quite buggy atm. Firstly, you can't move when the arena starts. And everyone has only 1 life :£ Thanks again.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 4, 2016
  11. Offline

xXSniperzzXx_SD

edm wasrevilosmith1999
    When the game starts players wont be able to move during the pregame time. This is kinda meant to be like the count down before a game in COD, as for the lifes, how are the players dieing, and whats your max points at? I was never actually able to test with 2 people because of the fact my internet is disabled, but by using https i can still access this page.

12. Offline

Famous Guy

This Mini Game will be coming to The Hive Arcade :p

13. Offline

xXSniperzzXx_SD

edm wasrevilosmith1999

If you're using 1.7 that'd be why its broken, Apparently this "1.7" which I still haven't seen on Bukkit, has broken a bunch of plugins... Plus, my internet is disabled so I'm not able to download 1.7(Where ever it is...)

Famous Guy
    I'll need to see what they're planning to do feature wise, then I can just add it :p

14. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

15. Offline

xXSniperzzXx_SD

timtower
    Then that'd be why... Spigot isn't a Https:// website so I can't get onto it...

16. Offline

Muod

Thanks for the idea!
    Ill make it and include your name!
    Think of it as already done! :)
    Stay on my page because ill release it soon!

17. Offline

xXSniperzzXx_SD

18. Offline

Muod

Usually when you put *cough**cough*, you put things inbetween them.. For example. *cough*Jealous!?*cough*,

19. Offline

xXSniperzzXx_SD

Muod
    Actually the cough was because I already have the basic plugin finished, and you're just going to start it?

20. Offline

Muod

@xXSniperzzXxSD
    I took a look at your's, its not close to done. Also you're making it more complex than it needs to be.

21. Offline

xXSniperzzXx_SD

Muod
    Explain how it's not even close to done? The game is fully playable on 1.6.4. Only thing not in it are the killstreaks.
    Also how its more complex then needed?

22. Offline

Muod

You have messy code, you barely use Bukkit imports. I't probably wont work in later versions. Especially your code is way too bundled up. You need to spread it out with correct import's and other variations of lines.

23. Offline

timtower Administrator Administrator Moderator

Messy code: Maybe xXSniperzzXx_SD still knows what he is doing?
    Barely using bukkit imports: Does he needs to?
    Not working on later versions: As far as I know: He isn't using NMS
    Spreading it out: Just a mater of preferences

24. Sorry xXSniperzzXx_SD not had time to test properly been quite busy recently! Im going to try it out now :) Also, what are the permissions? And can anyone else help out, maybe try find any bugs and check the game works correctly! Thanks :p

25. Offline

xXSniperzzXx_SD

edm wasrevilosmith1999
    Do you have skype? If so that would be easier to talk over. Also I've noticed that for 1.7 it doesn't work, not to sure why, but on 1.6.4 it runs perfectly.

As for perms I've tried to keep them kinda like Infected,

So Cranked.Join gives you the basics, Then Cranked.SetUp is for all the commands to set up an arena, that also includes the join signs etc

Muod
    You're kinding me right? What does imports matter? You should only import what you need. I'm not going to go import things I don't need...
    As for it being messy, its a matter of opinion, everyones code will look different. And why won't it work in latter versions?

26. Offline

Yebol

I just read through what you want in the plugin and I have one quick question, how are users meant to join the game without a command or a sign to click :p

Also I think you should be able to create some different classes in config that people can select and you get a permission per class e.g. cranked.kit.default, cranked.kit.vip or for all of them cranked.kit.*. Just my suggestion, you don't have to use if you don't want to :D