MineMute

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by LewisPotato, Aug 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

LewisPotato

Hello,

I would like to see if I could get a automute plugin called ''MineMute'' what this will do is look out for blacklisted words in the blacklist.yml and if it detects one of those blacklisted words it will mute the player for one hour (by default) with the broadcast ''&d[&bMinetime&d]&a > CONSOLE&b has muted&c Player&b for&d one hour&b. Reason:&e Profanity is prohibited on Minetime; you risk a ban.&b.'' and mutes to be stored in the mutes.yml (no commands or permissions needed). And the reason and the defined time to be in config.yml, Thank you!

- Lewis

2. Offline

Kwright02

Do you use essentials?

3. Offline

LewisPotato

Yes

4. Offline

EpicMinerMan321

I can make this for you.

5. Offline

Kwright02

Ok Lewis I Can Make It For You Then
    Really Easily. Expect it within the next half hour or so

6. Offline

LewisPotato

Hi,

Thank you both so much for offering to make this for me!

7. Offline

Kwright02

Your welcome, gonna take a little bit longer than anticipated. There was an error with the chat detection method I need to fix.

8. Offline

LewisPotato

Hi,

No commands or permissions are needed.

9. Offline

Kwright02

I know, what I'm saying is: The method that checks to see if a player chatted a certain thing isn't working as I expected It to.

the degree of difficulty to correct this is beyond me now. I will let the other guy take this

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2016
  10. Offline

EpicMinerMan321

Do you want a message to be displayed if the player types something when they are muted, if so what should it say?

11. Offline

LewisPotato

You are muted! using the Color code &c, thank you so much for doing this for me

EDIT: I needed a replacement because the current plugin I use called "Punisher" would mute people for saying grass, bass, pass, glass, or cucumber, because it has that censored word in it, hope I don't have this problem with MineMute

Last edited: Aug 1, 2016
  12. Offline

EpicMinerMan321

The plugin is finished. Here is the link: Link If you have any issues or want something added PM me. :)

13. Offline

Kwright02

Can you make documentation describing how to put stuff into the .yml files?

14. Offline

EpicMinerMan321

To add words to the blacklist.yml, insert a new line under the "blacklist:" line with the new line being "- <word>". (hyphen, space, then the word to be blacklisted)

The config.yml has comments on it already, but incase those are deleted it goes as follows: "reason:" is the reason for being muted, "muteDuration:" is the time in seconds that the player will be muted for. "timeText:" is the text shown for the time they are muted in the broadcast, For Example, if the muteDuration was 3600 seconds (1 hour), timeText should be "one hour".

Adding mutes to the mutes.yml is rather complicated. First you need to add a new line starting with similar to the blacklist, "- <mute info>" (hyphen, then a space, then the mute info) The mute info is set as follows(no spaces in any of it): Type the player's name, then add a semi-colon, then add the player's UUID. I use http://mcuuid.net/ (Use the full UUID, not the trimmed one), then add another semi-colon, then add the current millisecond time, found here: https://currentmillis.com/ As I said this is very complicated. An easier way to do this is with essentials, just use the /sudo command to make the player chat using any blacklisted word to get them on the mute list. (/sudo <player> c:<blacklisted word>)

Again, PM me with any questions/issues. :)

15. Offline

LewisPotato

Hi, could the mutes.yml look like this
    format:

UUID: UUID of the player
    name: name of the player
    punisher: punishers name
    reason: the reason
    for: interval
    given: the date

Blacklist.yml format:

blacklist:
    - word
    - anotherword

and the config made a bit more better (sorry I haven't really described what I wanted properly)

EDIT: just seen your reply, and the configs are empty apart from config.yml.

16. Has this been made or not? If not, I'll have a go at making it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.