Minecraft update world-regen

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by Madness, Jun 10, 2011.

1. Offline

Madness

Basically what I'd love to have is a plugin that I could run ONCE every time the server software is updated to re-generate the "virgin" terrain just like I selected it all and used //regen with WorldEdit.

By virgin I mean a chunk who was not altered, to the extent that we can possibly understand of course.

The rules for detecting a virgin chunk could be basically to see if the chunk contains man-made blocks, like cobblestone (unless it's near a spawner), torches, wood, bricks and so on.

The result would be to update the world with stuff introduced in the new updates (like dead shrubs in the latest one), but leave the constructed area untouched.

Am I the only one who thought about this?

Ah, it would NOT be a problem for me if this plugin required worldedit as dependency.

2. Offline

iffa

That would be tricky.

3. Offline

nickrak

I think I can make that happen. Might take me a few days though. I'll keep you posted.

4. Offline

nickrak

I've got all the "man-made" checks complete, just trying to get the chunk regeneration to work.

5. Offline

iffa

6. Offline

nickrak

That's what I've been going off of, but it's very confusing how he has it set up. There's a lot of overridden classes with the same name.

7. Offline

iffa

He just gets the region that is selected and regenerates it, you should do the same but "force" the region to be a full chunk

8. Offline

nickrak

9. Offline

Madness

<3 you.