Minecraft Tower Defense

Discussion in 'Bukkit Discussion' started by RingOfStorms, Nov 14, 2012.

?

Minecraft Tower Defense?

1. Yes, great idea and I would love it.

40.0%
  2. No, doesn't seem to be worth it.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Maybe, I need some more details.

40.0%
  4. Yes, and I would like to help in the creation of it.

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

RingOfStorms

What would you guys think of a plugin that was all about tower defense? I was playing some starcraft 2 (sc2) in the arcade and I love Squadron defense. I love how they made all the units in sc2 like towers, etc etc. Very well thought out. (Don't know what I'm talking about with sc2?)

The Idea: Tower Defense in minecraft. Different modes so you can play on teams, against others, against AI (haha maybe) or by your self. Towers would be any kind of mob (skeleton, wolf, dragon, etc...) that takes up different block space (you will need space on the ground it place towers). Different goals, you name it.

Some additional mechanic ideas:
    • Completely Vanilla, no mods require
    • Spout built in so that you have an option for some UI
    • When placing a tower, the ground will change to wool colors on whether it can be placed, has been placed, or can't be placed (green, orange, red).
    • Custom towers (custom mobs will made different towers)
    • Builder classes (like in sc2, builders have different towers available)
    • Ultimate goal (not sure yet?)
    • Two types of currency, maybe mana/money (can use exp bar and number for these)
    • Online scoring/built in MySQL support
    • Much much more ideas
    Who will make this?
    I would like to make this with possibly some help from others when the time comes. I'll be the lead dev and get help with documentation, gfx, etc. This is an extremely raw post whit not much meat for details, but if you look at tower defense games you can imagine what this could become.
    Vote up top if you want this to happen!?

2. Offline

W&L-Craft

That would be great :D

i also came up with that idea 2 weeks ago :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.