Minecraft Server Performance Improvement.

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Switch0r, Oct 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Switch0r

Our dedicated server is 1 week old and is getting this warning if more then 30 people (approximately) are on the server.
    [WARNING] Can't keep up! Did the system time change, or is the server overloaded?
    I am not sure if its real lag but if you look at the moon/stars then you will see it jump backwards ingame, also player movement is not smooth.
    I tried linux, different server hosts, Ramdisk, searching on this forum, ...
    -
    Is there any way for performance improvement? Any help is welcome.
    -
    Code:
    java -d64 -Xmx10G -XXparallelGCThreads=4 -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar nogui
    -
    Server Specs: I7-2600 / 16GBDDR3 / RamDisk / 100Mbit / Windows 2008R2 / Java 7 64bit
    -
    CraftBukkit #1339
    -
    Plugins: BorderGuard, PermissionsBukkit, ColorMe, CreeperHeal, HeroicDeath, iConomy, MCSL, Minequery, MonsterBox, NoCheat, ScheduledAnnouncer, ServerSave, Permissions, Votifier, WorldEdit, dynmap, AdminCmd, ChestShop, Factions, Jail, Register

2. Offline

LEOcab

Simple: DUMP WINDOWS. I wish I had your specs. Install Linux and you'll be on your way. That kind of machine can handle a lot more players, specially with that few plugins. :D

PS: You should have a -Xincgc or -Xms??? flag in your command line.

3. Offline

Switch0r

If you did read the full thread then you would see that i tried linux.

4. Offline

LEOcab

Well, try it again! That'll give you a much bigger performance boost than any number of small optimizations to the software. :)

5. Offline

Perling

Code:
    -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 you forgot the P by your line

6. Offline

LEOcab

He forgot the :p actually (it filters as a smiley in the forums; looks like he just copy/pasted it from here rofl).

It's -XX:Š arallelGCThreads=4
    But don't copy/paste - that's not a P, it's a Russian R. :D

7. Offline

Perling

ah ok :D

8. Offline

Phaedrus

There is nothing wrong with Server 2008 R2. You've obviously never used it. It is nothing like Windows 7.

I have similar hardware to you, check out some Java tuning tip I use here: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/ho...24gb-dedicated-server.3967/page-2#post-184208

9. Offline

LEOcab

10. Offline

Switch0r

Its because i posted here first without the code tag and then edit the thread to fix it.
    Code:
    java -d64 -Xmx10G -XX:ParallelGCThreads=4 -jar craftbukkit-0.0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar nogui
    Theres no error in my cmd line.

Ok i am testing it now, thx

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
  11. Offline

Phaedrus

Linux is awesome. It's free and can do amazing stuff, but Server 2008 is pretty sweet too. It's fast, light weight, extensible, runs any windows software, boots in under a minute, amazing hardware support, familiar windows gui, easy to use, etc, but it's not free.

12. Offline

xianthax

Xms is in no way required and Xincgc is a really terrible idea unless your running on a single core VM with a small heap.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.