Minecraft Logger

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by tobiyas, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

tobiyas

I just took a look into the logging system.

Therefore I am not very familiar with Loggers.
    Is there an easy way to create an own Logger without showing in the Console every log?
    I just want to create some sort of "debug logger". Is this even possible with Loggers, since craftbukkit is using the global channel?

Thanks in advance. :)

2. Offline

Don Redhorse

3. Offline

tobiyas

Do I get this right? You just implementet a new Logger by rewriting the Java Implementation?
    Thought there was a more simple way...

4. Offline

messageofdeath

Are you talking about the verbose logging? If so your supposed to make a config file and add Verbose Logging to it and it is default to false.

5. Offline

tobiyas

Not exactly, what I meant.
    I get a new AnonymousLogger from Java and don't want all the outputs in the Main-Minecraft-Logfile.

6. Logger.setLevel(Level.WARNING) shows only warning messages an higer, call that on the logger of your plugin, Logger.getLogger("minecraft.yourplugin")
    or plugin.getLogger();

7. Offline

Don Redhorse

well.... yes... but that's a way... if you use anything like finer etc it will go only into the server.log file iirc..

also there have been some enhancements made (there is a post in the bleeding area about it) on the logger system just a day after I released this classes.

if you want to log to a file on your own I don't think there is a way other than the way I do it.. but I'm not sure.

IIRC you can just copy the logger class and look at the helperclasses file to see how I implemented it... it should be quite easy to do... or you just copy and paste the part of the file logging..

8. Offline

tobiyas

Thanks very much :)
    I found an easier way by the time. You can tell a logger to not use the handler of its parents (Logger.setUseParentHandlers(false)). That solved the problem for me.

9. Offline

Don Redhorse

no probs... I'm not the best coder :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.