Minecraft Comes Alive Similar plugin

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Requests' started by rocknamaxwell, Jul 30, 2013.

1. Offline

rocknamaxwell

Okay, I have looked all over this forum and site looking for a plugin similar to the mod Minecraft Comes Alive. I use that mod on my single player all the time and it's super fun to use, so I was wondering if anyone knows of or can make a plugin like this?

If you're not familiar with this mod, it's by WildBamaBoy on the minecraft forums, I can't remember if I'm allowed to link websites so I'm not going to link it to be on the safe side. But pretty much it's a mod where the villagers are redesigned in looks and activities, they can talk to you when you click on them, you can gift them, and even marry them off to each other. I know you guys are probably saying, "oh, we have plugins where you can get married," or "we have plugins where the villagers have different skins and do activities and talk."

But no, you don't understand, I know about those plugins and I know about the Citizen plugin with the villagers. That's not what makes this mod awesome, what makes this mod awesome is the fact that not only can you marry the villager, but you can have kids as well and they grow and you can put them to do chores and then move them out when they're grown. Marry them off so they can have kids with another villager, that's the fun of it. But I cannot find a plugin for Bukkit where you can have kids and with a villager or even marry a villager. All the marriage plugins have to do with marrying and interacting with other players, I have a server just for me and my friend. Just the two of us, so I don't need a plugin for interaction with other players, since there are no other players than us two.

I'm new to Bukkit, yes I am a newb to Bukkit. So I don't know much of the ins and outs as some of you might do, though I would really appreciate any consideration for this idea please. It's such a fun mod and I know a similar plugin would be an awesome addition to any Bukkit server, especially if you don't have a ton of people that play on that server.

2. Offline

Awesomeman2

I would love a plugin like this, But if you cant get it then try using a modded server by using minecraft no gui.

3. Offline

rocknamaxwell

I know right?! This would be a great plugin, if only someone would be willing to do it. I am not minecraft savvy nor am I too computer savvy. I know the ins and outs of my computer as much as any normal user can. But when it comes to programming and interfacing and all that stuff, it goes straight over my head.

Though Aesomeman2, by the minecraft no gui, are you talking about the minecraft server.jar with like forge on it? Cause I have been trying that today and it's not working for me. I have no idea why, I followed the instructions to a T and then even repeated the process and redownloaded java and everything. But still the stupid startserver.bat file won't freaking work for me and I am so frustrated with trying to get it to work and people telling me, "read the wiki, follow the wiki." I freaking followed everything the wiki said! I even watched a tutorial, several of them on youtube on how to do it and it still doesn't work.

I'm at my wits end with that stupid thing, and you know what the most upsetting part of it is? The fact that the same stupid java information you put into the start.bat file for the bukkit is pretty much the same information I believe, or at least similar to the same one you use to start up the minecraft server file. Yet the one I use for the bukkit works just fine, but when I try to do it for the minecraft server it freaking doesn't wanna work.

I'm sorry for the ranting, this is not the time or place to be doing ranting on the stupid java nonsense, I apologize. It just got me so upset and frustrated trying to get it to work. I literally wanted to just burst out in tears just because of how frustrated I was that it wasn't working and that no one really understood why it was not working for me. Though all I ended up doing is pulling my hair, so my hair is a mess now, but that's okay, it's 2am here.

4. Offline

Awesomeman2

minecraft no gui is a minecraft server from minecraft.net but instead click on the otherplatforms or no gui then try it, if it still dosnt work add me on skype at Ender9781

5. Offline

rocknamaxwell

Awww thank you for the help. I watched the video again after deleting all of my minecraft stuff and just redid everything. I found out the problem of why it wasn't originally working, the stupid name of the file just needed to be minecraft_server and that's it. So, now it works, I can play mods, thank you. Bukkit is nice but I really prefer normal mods ^_^;

6. Offline

Awesomeman2

rocknamaxwell if you dont mind to pm me the ip i would like to play on a mca server, and you might want to look into mods that let you have bukkit plugins on single player it might work on your server.

7. Offline

rocknamaxwell

I'll check that out, though my mods on my single player work just fine, so I have no problems with them. And I'm sorry, but my server is just for myself and my friend to play on, it's not public.

8. Offline

rocknamaxwell

It doesn't matter anyways, I'm back to bukkit, my friend's computer can't handle mods on his minecraft.

9. Offline

Awesomeman2