Migrating from Permissions 3.1.6 to new permissions plugin?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by Anthony45654, Sep 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Anthony45654

Hi I'm currently using Permissions 3.1.6 for my server and it has been inactive for quite some time and there are a few plugins that do not work with Permissions 3.1.6.

I have been instructed by these plugin developers to update to a different permissions plugin (they said bPermissions or PermissisonsEX). What I want to know is which of the two (bPerm and PEX) is more noob/user-friendly? I have a TON of permission nodes for different groups in my Permissions 3 config file and apparently this tool, which was made by Nijikokun, can convert config files from Permissions 2 or 3 into bPermission or PEX style.

I have previously tried using PEX and used that tool to convert the config file and almost everything worked fine except the groups did not work properly. I have been told to combine the "groups.yml" and "users.yml" file from Permissions 3 into one ".yml" file. I don't know if any of this is the right thing to do.

The bottom line is, I need help with changing to a new permissions plugin without getting my hands dirty.

I really need help with this. Can someone please help?

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.