Message color editor

Discussion in 'Plugin Development' started by Stealth2800, May 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Stealth2800

Alright, I'm not sure where exactly this sort of a discussion/question falls under, so I'm posting it here.

If you visit http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1653249-minecraft-colors-editor/ you'll find a color editor to see how messages will look when displayed in-game. This was very useful to me and I used it fairly frequently. However, it seems as if though the website has gone down and the app doesn't appear to be available on the iOS App Store anymore.

My question: does anyone know of an alternative color editor? The one mentioned previously may only be down temporarily, but for now another one would be nice to know about. Having something like this greatly increases development speed for me so I don't have to go into Minecraft itself just to test message layouts.

Thank you!

2. Offline

1Rogue

3. Offline

Stealth2800

1Rogue Hm, handy, but not exactly what I'm looking for. What I mentioned in the previous thread allowed you to view messages as they would look in-game, allowing me to save time by not loading the game every time I needed to check a message.

4. Offline

teej107

Stealth2800 This isn't an answer but it might help. You may already know this (I'm surprised on how many bukkit devs don't use this) but you could use the ChatColor class.
    Code:
    String message = ChatColor.Red + "Red message";

5. Offline

CraftCreeper6

Stealth2800
    If I am correct you want to get the colours they add to their message and replace them with colours?
    If so then: Bascially what you have to do is save the message as a String, replace all of the colours they add e.g: &4 with the colour they represent in this case &4 = Red.
    Hope this helps :)

6. Offline

Stealth2800

7. Offline

NathanWolf

Hmmm.. that looks handy.

If you can't find a replacement (there's no other website, really?) ping me - I could make something (less fancy than the iOS app, but functional) in probably a few minutes of PHP.

8. Offline

Stealth2800

NathanWolf I have searched far and wide for something similar with no luck. I barely found that website in the first place. If you could make something similar, that'd be great. I would do the same but I would have to learn PHP first and I don't have the time right now. :p No need for an iOS app, I just mentioned it because it existed and doesn't anymore.

NathanWolf likes this.
  9. Offline

NathanWolf

Sure, I can do that when a get home. I'll host it on my server and provide source if anyone else wants to host.

Actually I think I'll just use Javascript instead of PHP, but anyway I don't think it'll be too difficult. If I'm wrong about that I'll let you know. I've already done something very similar for the "Books" display on my website, which reads InfoBook configs to show them on a web page (including formatting).

Stealth2800 likes this.
  10. Offline

Stealth2800

NathanWolf Awesome, thank you very much! :) I'll most likely host it on my own website as well.

11. Offline

shmkane

You could try §4
    Replacing &, with §

12. Offline

NathanWolf

Here you go:

https://github.com/elBukkit/MagicPlugin/blob/master/src/web/colors.html

I forgot my server is down today, when I get home and fire it back up again I'll put this page up there at

http://mine.elmakers.com/colors.html

I'll probably improve on it eventually, it's pretty fugly at the moment but gets the job done!

Let me know if you see anything wrong with it once you're able to use it. That HTML is all you need, no PHP or external js or css - though it does load jQuery.

13. Offline

Stealth2800

14. Offline

NathanWolf

Stealth2800 Minecraft font, you say?

If it's a web font, I'd gladly hook it up! Just point me in the right direction...

Not sure how to handle "k" though... I could maybe populate it with random unicode chars or something... maybe just a special/weird css style. I dunno, it'd be nice to indicate the glyphs somehow, even if I can't draw them.

I'd like to clean it all up a bit and make it look more like an app, but you know, for 10 minutes of coding in a hotel room it's not bad, eh? ;)

Looks nice! Even just a little bit of style goes a long way... and thanks for the credit ;)

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 8, 2016
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.