Memory Leak?

Discussion in 'Bukkit Help' started by gustebeast, Aug 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

gustebeast

My server has been having memory leaks where the server slowly leaks ram untill it runs out, after 2 hours it says the server is using 6gb of ram when 5 players are online. Naturally I ran some tests to figure out the issue.

My first test, only running Essentials on a newly generated map. I got 10 players online and the server steadily used 500mb of ram. No leaks!

My second test, I ran only Essentials, but this time on my world. I got 10 players and it started doing something funny. The server starts with 500mb used then it slowly leaks untill its using 1500mb of ram, then it resets back to 500mb and the cycle continues.

Since the ram usage changed I tried running Chunkster to fix the world file, nothing changed. If you have any idea why this kind of leak happens or how to fix it please post a reply.

2. Offline

Actium Praetor

3. Offline

gustebeast

Architecture: x64
    Java Version: 1.7.0_04
    Wrapper: Spigot (But the error occured when using Bukkit aswell)
    Plugins: Only essentials when the error was occuring
    Error: No error just memory leaking

4. Offline

Hoolean

How did you get java 7 on your mac? Sorry to change topic but I have unsuccessfully tried to do it before...

5. Offline

gustebeast

Last edited by a moderator: May 28, 2016
  6. Offline

Omnitv

Do you use /reload?

7. Offline

gustebeast

8. Offline

TnT

Spigot. Locked.

Don't come to Bukkit for help with another Minecraft server. Use CraftBukkit if you want Bukkit help.

"But the error occured when using Bukkit aswell"
    Use Bukkit and we may be able to help. Otherwise, the Spigot forums are found elsewhere.

Kalas2626 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.