Melon and pumpkin AutoHarvester

Discussion in 'Plugin Requests' started by _MaTaTa_, Feb 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

_MaTaTa_

Minecraft version: 1.8.8

What I want: I would like a plugin that does the following. If a melon or pumpkin grows in a block which has a piston head pointing towards it, it would break the melon/pumpkin as if the piston had been powered. This will allow players to create big farms for skyblock, factions and other game modes where farm as built on a massive scale. This plugin would remove the need for redstone wiring and the use of hopper/repeaters clock which would greatly reduce lag.

Ideas: The first idea that came to mind was to give the piston the same functionality as an observer but limit it to melon block and pumpkins so that the piston would power itself when the melon/pumpkin grows and then goes back to its retracted position once the crop breaks. Another possibility would be to set melon and pumpkin to give out a one tick pulse when it grows(and not placed by a player) powering the piston and the retracting like before.

Ideas for commands: No commands needed for this plugin.

Ideas for permissions: melon.autoharvest. Setting it to true would toggle on the plugin

When I'd like it by: Whenever it possible

This is a preview of what a small farm would look like. When the melon grows it would automatically break without the need of redstone, just the piston
    2019-02-16_17.47.49.png

2. Offline

KarimAKL

@_MaTaTa_ Would it break aswell if the piston is above or below the melon/pumpkin?
    I would like to try this.

3. Offline

_MaTaTa_

With the piston below would make much sense as the melon needs a dirt block to grow.
    With the piston being above would also be useful but less than if the piston is on the side.
    By try do you mean try to make it?

4. Offline

KarimAKL

5. Offline

_MaTaTa_

This will work just fine thank you very much. One question, I'm interested in learning myself how to code plugins, any tips or tools you used.

6. Offline

KarimAKL

@_MaTaTa_ Okay, let me know if you want me to change anything.

For your question:
    I started out with watching a few youtube tutorials, after i got the basics i just tried some stuff and if i couldn't understand something i just looked it up on google and then read about it, if i still couldn't find anything i asked in the "Plugin Development" forum here.
    Of course knowing Java helps so it would be best to read up on Java before starting.
    Note: This is just what i did, not the best thing to do.

7. Offline

_MaTaTa_

Cool thanks, what about for testing, did u setup a local host with bukkit/spigot?

8. Offline

KarimAKL

9. Offline

_MaTaTa_

thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.