[MECH] WorldBorder v1.7.2 - feature-rich world size limiting plugin [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Brettflan, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Brettflan

2. Offline

Sneaky420

Ok so i looked at the log and there are no errors, but this is what the map looks like after typing in:
    /wb trim 5000 1

[​IMG]

Ideas? :(

3. Offline

Brettflan

Would it be possible for to you provide me with a copy of that world along with the border coordinates and radius so I can test it myself? You could zip the world up and host it on Mediafire or BayFiles or similar.

4. Offline

Sneaky420

Well i copied it from the server to edit it manually, checked for read-only and none of the files are. Not to be resistant to sending you my world folder but yea... you are welcome to come on to mine, but i checked with the host and I have full access to all the files, so it should not be a read only issue, and I should be abel to tell you anything you are wanting to know about the map

The "center" of the map is a bit off from 0,0 at -113, +36 and the range was 1.5 maps so at 1536

5. Offline

Brettflan

Sorry, but without being able to check it out and test it directly (with full console access and so forth), and with no apparent error messages sent to the console/log, I have no further advice or ideas on what might be causing the problem. Can't help you.

6. Offline

Sneaky420

Well great news, it wasnt your plugin :), I relized in the log there was errors from dynmap saying that chunks where in the wrong location and was "restoring" chunks... So i deleted the map and all history, retrimmed and then rerendered the map, and it is perfect now.

PS. Also why the black "border" was not the same size all the way around due to chunk sizes

7. Offline

Brettflan

Cool, that's good to know for future reference.

8. Offline

LRFLEW

I'm working on an awesome multi-world plugin that uses this plugin to control world generation (as the default "spawn area" generation is horrible), but I can't find an easy way to start a fill process. I could always parse a command using bukkit, but I know there has to be a better way. What do you think?

9. Offline

Brettflan

Something like this? It's untested by me, but should pretty much work:

Code:
    import com.wimbli.WorldBorder.Config;
    import com.wimbli.WorldBorder.BorderData;
    import com.wimbli.WorldBorder.WorldFillTask;

// ...

String worldName = "your world name";  // name of world
    Boolean roundShape = true;  // whether to generate a round area, or a square one
    int worldRadius = 320;  // radius from world center to generate
    double worldX = 0;  // center coordinates for world generation
    double worldZ = 0;

BorderData borderBackup = Config.Border(worldName);

if (borderBackup != null)
        borderBackup = borderBackup.copy();  // make sure we've got a copy of the border object, instead of just a reference

Config.setBorder(worldName, worldRadius, worldX, worldZ, roundShape);

WorldFillTask fillTask = new WorldFillTask(plugin.getServer(), null, worldName, 0, 1, 1);
    if (fillTask.valid())
    {
        int task = plugin.getServer().getScheduler().scheduleSyncRepeatingTask(plugin, fillTask, 1, 1);
        fillTask.setTaskID(task);
    }
    else
    {
        // uh-oh
    }

// ...
    // ... then, monitor fillTask.valid() until it returns false (using another timer, or however you like) and restore the original border (or lack of one) using this:
    Config.setBorder(worldName, borderBackup);

10. Offline

forceserver

how make border ???
    worldedit ->> //walls 10
    i want to walls bedrock
    am..
    i don't know how to explain ..
    understand ??
    am...
    it make border with bedrock

11. Offline

Brettflan

A physical border? Not implemented. Might happen in the distant future.

12. Offline

LRFLEW

Something inside of me is nagging me to tell you to change it to BorderData.clone(); and make it implement Cloneable :p. Just a thought. (I might pull a request on GitHub)

13. Offline

Brettflan

If you like, though copy() works just fine and has been in the plugin for a few versions now.

14. Offline

LRFLEW

If I do change it, I will also add a "listener" in finish();

15. Offline

Tanite

I feel like this is happening to us a lot in Skylands while flying if we run into the border. Not sure if there's anyway to improve that :/

16. Offline

cocoson

not sure if this is possible but i saw some of the post saying on how to check the border event on player passing

but wouldn't it be fast for it to check the border X Y Z all round then have it watch players X Y Z for when it passes the borders bounds.

and if you have the players X Y Z store into a database and have it update the watch every 3 secs should cut down on the lag on the checking of the player X Y Z

it should only have to check the Border X Y Z once and update it if the border is updated

so the only thing that is updating and processing is the Player Location

17. Offline

Brettflan

If there are a lot of X/Z areas with no valid place to stand (air top to bottom, in your case), I'd say so. Having it try a few potential X/Z coordinates inside the border as needed instead of just one before giving up is something I have on my "check into eventually" list. I should probably bump that up to a bit higher priority.

@cocoson Sorry, but code-wise it just does not and cannot work that way. Besides, the way it currently works is quite efficient (more efficient than BorderGuard, for example) and should cause no lag.
    I should also note that if you want it to only check every 3 seconds, there is of course a setting for that.

18. Offline

Tanite

Yeah I would probably say bump that up. I think multi-world is very popular now since it's an easy way for servers to add sky/aether/space or other non-standard worlds. Thx.

19. Offline

Don Redhorse

hi, any plans on adding a wall function to the plugin? so being able to put up a wall with +/- blocks of the border of custom material.... hmm lava hmm ... :rolleyes:

20. Offline

Brettflan

Something like that is on the "check into eventually" list. :)

21. Offline

Don Redhorse

thanks... using worldedit for it is quite cumbersum... hmm

perhaps a request for a different plugin or an extension..

like having a customizable height of that wall and perhaps a layout... like the great wall of china ;-)

22. Offline

Arton

Can i chose how hight peopels can get ?

23. Offline

Brettflan

Sorry, this plugin doesn't limit vertical movement.

24. Offline

ultimak

Would it be possible to support rectangles as well as squares/circles? I am wanting to limit my map to north and south portions of the map, while still letting players move freely east and west.

25. Offline

Brettflan

Support for rectangular borders could be added without a a bit of work, but... with everything else on my plate lately, I really don't have time for it.

So (addressed to everyone, really):
    1. Since the source is available and I accept decent pull requests, someone else is free to implement it.
    2. Otherwise, donations have a miraculous motivational power (besides making me feel like I'm not wasting my time). If the donor wants something reasonable that I'm not averse to adding, I try to accommodate them.

26. Offline

Brettflan

For WorldBorder I initialize and use a single ColouredConsoleSender for the plugin, and all logged messages are set to that one ColouredConsoleSender. So what I wonder is whether it's something they're going to fix, or if I need to simply switch to using a basic Logger.
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll look into it further as I have time.

27. It needs fixing in the plugin, something about not being allowed to create some classes, I guess those colored loggers.

Who uses a colored console anyways :eek:

28. Offline

Brettflan

Me. :p

29. That would explain then lol. But seems the way you do it is not "allowed" by Bukkit, or so :<

30. Offline

Brettflan

From testing, it now still shows the console output colored. That didn't used to work without using ColouredConsoleSender, so it appears it's not even needed any longer.