[MECH] WorldBorder v1.7.2 - feature-rich world size limiting plugin [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Brettflan, Apr 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Brettflan

2. Offline

Brettflan

I should have spotted this earlier, but in my defense I'm currently suffering from stomach flu and not operating at 100%.
    I just went to test out your settings to see if I could duplicate the problem, when I realized it doesn't actually appear to be a problem. If you have a border radius of 12000 set and it's the default of a round border rather than a square one, those coordinates look about right for the edge of a round border towards where you would have a "corner" if it were a square border.
    You can set it to be a square border if that will help prevent confusion.

Cool, that's useful to know for future reference.

3. Offline

dockozel

Thank you so much. After much teleporting around in game testing borders I came to the same conclusion. I can't wait to test out your trimming and regening features. I have to work out some problems (ignorance on my part) with getting world edit snapshots to work before I go trimming bits of my map off.

4. Offline

Kane

@Brettflan is there a way to do a permissions expansion outside of say I have it 3000 and want to do 4000 out and generate but ONLY for admins/permissions. Sort of getting ready for a land expansion.

5. Offline

Brettflan

You can of course modify the padding value for the fill command as required, having it fill out as far as you need without resizing the border. The padding value represents how many blocks outside your border it will make sure are generated.
    As for different borders for different people, that isn't provided.

6. Offline

nicquehen

Hello,

I have a little problem for two small map.
    http://sg-minecraft.fr/map
    (pixelart and sprintcraft)

1)I define the shape round
    2)/wb set 200
    3)i purge my dynmap tiles folder
    4)/wb sprincraft trim 5000 192 and /wb pixelart trim 5000 192
    5)/wb sprincraft fill 20 176 and /wb pixelart fill 20 176
    6)/dynmap fullrender sprintcraft | /dynmap fullrender pixelart

There two map are not correctly trim.

dynmap 0.23
    wb 1.4.4

Do you have some idea?

edit : Ho! i forget that i think !
    Probleme solve thx !

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  7. Offline

Savoie

@Brettflan

what happens if someone is outside the border and i set it?

8. Offline

Sayshal

nothing, they'll be teleported to your spawn.

9. Offline

Brettflan

They'll normally be teleported to the closest spot just inside your new border.

10. Offline

Drewdelz

I'm trying to do /wb set 2000 but it doesn't work. It simply lists the commands, as if I had just done /wb
    There's no border being setup, and all of the commands do this same thing.

11. Offline

Brettflan

In-game, or through the server console? If you're using the console, specifying the world is required for all commands where it is otherwise an optional value in-game.

12. Offline

Drewdelz

Doing it in-game. I'll try the world name and see if anything changes though.
    EDIT: Nope, still just displays the command list, like this:

13. Offline

Brettflan

That's definitely odd. Have you tried temporarily removing all other plugins to test whether one of them is somehow interfering?
    Also, what version of CraftBukkit are you running?

14. Offline

Drewdelz

Yup. Same thing. Also, just noticed when the server starts up, it says this:
    "[SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling WorldBorder v1.4.4 (Is it up to date?): com/nijikokun/bukkit/Permissions/Permissions"

15. Offline

bergerkiller

@Brettflan When 'trimming' and 'bordering' a world, does it do this per chunk or per vertical block column?
    (Are you removing chunks and nothing else, or both chunks and block columns in chunks)

The nicely round maps make me believe you also trim vertical block columns, which can be a good thing.

16. Offline

Brettflan

Could you paste the entire error message with the stack trace?

It only trims chunks. Of course, the larger the border radius, the smoother the map edge will look.

17. Offline

bergerkiller

18. Offline

Drewdelz

Here's everything that displays on startup.
    Code:
    06:04 PM [INFO] [Pail] Setting up window...
    06:04 PM [INFO] [Pail] Pail 0.7.5 Enabled
    06:04 PM [INFO] [Permissions] (Yeti) disabled successfully.
    06:04 PM [INFO] Default game type: 0
    06:04 PM [INFO] Preparing start region
    06:04 PM [INFO] Preparing start region
    06:04 PM [INFO] Preparing spawn area: 0%
    06:04 PM [INFO] CraftBukkitUpToDate version 2.7.0 is enabled!
    06:04 PM [INFO] Loaded Essentials build 2.6.4 by: Zenexer, ementalo, Aelux, Brettflan, KimKandor, snowleo, ceulemans, Xeology, KHobbits
    06:04 PM [INFO] Essentials: Using config based permissions. Enable superperms in config.
    06:04 PM [INFO] Loaded EssentialsChat build 2.6.4 by: essentials team
    06:04 PM [INFO] CButD: CraftBukkit is up to Date
    06:04 PM [INFO] Loaded EssentialsProtect build 2.6.4 by: essentials team
    06:04 PM [INFO] Loaded EssentialsSpawn build 2.6.4 by: essentials team
    06:04 PM [INFO] [iConomy - Celty] Enabled (11 ms)
    06:04 PM [INFO] [Essentials] Payment method found (iConomy version: 6)
    06:04 PM [INFO] [MoneyDrop] Startup complete.
    06:04 PM [INFO] PailPlus v0.2 beta enabled
    06:04 PM [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling PermissionsPlus v3.2.5p (Is it up to date?): com/nijikokun/bukkit/Permissions/Permissions
    06:04 PM [INFO] PluginSpy version 1.3 is now running.
    06:04 PM [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling SimpleBan v2.1 (Is it up to date?): com/nijikokun/bukkit/Permissions/Permissions
    06:04 PM [INFO] [P2Aliases] version 1.4 Enabled.
    06:04 PM [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling ChestShop v3.24 (Is it up to date?): com/nijikokun/bukkit/Permissions/Permissions
    06:04 PM [INFO] [ChestShop] iConomy 6 loaded.
    06:04 PM [INFO] [Factions v1.6.1] === ENABLE START ===
    06:04 PM [INFO] [Factions v1.6.1] No permission plugin detected. Defaulting to native bukkit permissions.
    06:04 PM [INFO] [Factions v1.6.1] Loading board from disk
    06:04 PM [INFO] [Factions v1.6.1] Found and will integrate chat with EssentialsChat v2.6.4
    06:04 PM [INFO] [Factions v1.6.1] Economy integration through Register plugin successful.
    06:04 PM [INFO] [Factions v1.6.1] NOTE: Economy is disabled. Enable in conf "econEnabled": true
    06:04 PM [INFO] [Factions v1.6.1] === ENABLE DONE (Took 370ms) ===
    06:04 PM [INFO] Version: 101
    06:04 PM [INFO] [NarrowtuxLib] v1.0.1 by [narrowtux] enabled.
    06:04 PM [INFO] [Register] Payment method found (iConomy version: 6)
    06:04 PM [INFO] [Showcase] Registered type [basic] (12 items loaded)
    06:04 PM [INFO] [Showcase] Registered type [finite] (0 items loaded)
    06:04 PM [INFO] [Showcase] Registered type [infinite] (0 items loaded)
    06:04 PM [INFO] [Showcase] Registered type [exchange] (0 items loaded)
    06:04 PM [INFO] [Showcase] Registered type [tutorial] (0 items loaded)
    06:04 PM [WARNING] Permissions not found! All Operations are allowed!
    06:04 PM [INFO] [Showcase] version 0.7.7.11 has been enabled.
    06:04 PM [INFO] WorldBorder version 1.4.4 loading
    06:04 PM [INFO] [WorldBorder] [CONFIG] Using round border, knockback of 3.0 blocks, and timer delay of 5.
    06:04 PM [INFO] [WorldBorder] [CONFIG] Border-checking timed task started.
    06:04 PM [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling WorldBorder v1.4.4 (Is it up to date?): com/nijikokun/bukkit/Permissions/Permissions
    06:04 PM [INFO] Server permissions file permissions.yml is empty, ignoring it
    06:04 PM [INFO] Done (0.420s)! For help, type "help" or "?"
    06:05 PM [INFO] [MoneyDrop] Connected to Register. Item pickups functional.
    06:05 PM [INFO] CButD: Plugin-Update-Check started
    06:05 PM [INFO] No source for EssentialsProtect.jar ask the Author to add it to dev.bukkit.org
    06:05 PM [INFO] No source for EssentialsChat.jar ask the Author to add it to dev.bukkit.org
    06:05 PM [INFO] No source for EssentialsSpawn.jar ask the Author to add it to dev.bukkit.org
    06:05 PM [INFO] No source for NarrowtuxLib.jar ask the Author to add it to dev.bukkit.org
    06:05 PM [INFO] No source for p2aliases.jar ask the Author to add it to dev.bukkit.org
    06:05 PM [INFO] No source for Permissions.jar ask the Author to add it to dev.bukkit.org
    06:05 PM [INFO] No source for PermissionsPlus.jar ask the Author to add it to dev.bukkit.org
    06:05 PM [INFO] CButD: Plugin-Update-Check finished
    06:05 PM [INFO] New max size: 484
    06:05 PM [INFO] New max size: 784 

19. Offline

Brettflan

OK, a couple of things.
    1. There should normally be a stack trace displayed with that sort of error, and I notice a few other similar errors which also are not displaying stack traces. Are you using a command-line option to disable it from showing stack traces, or are you running some odd Java platform which disables them? Whatever the case, you should consider not disabling the display of stack traces. They're crucial for tracking down the cause of most Java exceptions.
    2. Since you're getting the same error from several other plugins, it looks like you have a plugin with the name "Permissions" which does not have the same package structure as the old Permissions plugin. That's the source of the error, anyway. I suppose I should add in an extra check to WorldBorder to make sure the class-name matches that of the known Permissions plugin before trying to connect to it as such, as should those other plugins which are showing the same error in your log.

20. Offline

Drewdelz

I got it working, thanks. Turns out the permissions plugin had gone corrupt somehow, and reinstalling it fixed it.

21. Offline

Asacavanagh

I'm not actually sure if someone has asked before and I'm to lazy to search, so just a simple yes or no or even "it may be coming in a furture update" will do. Can we add exceptions for certain players? I'd love to be able to have Staff+ able to have a small sort of "Admin town" outside of the border yet keep Members and Guests within the border. Can this be done through permissions or some other means?

22. Offline

Brettflan

Sorry, no.

23. Offline

Asacavanagh

Is it something you'd consider adding, though?

24. Offline

Brettflan

You said a simple yes or no would suffice. ;)

It's not planned, no, mainly for performance reasons.

25. Offline

Asacavanagh

haha I know, was just a secondary question, and okay :p

26. Offline

Kane

Hoping this works in 1.0.0 here will test soon bump for a good mod <3

27. Offline

FRLanc

[​IMG]

I use /wb world fill 1000 176 and map generats with rock(id) how to change it?

28. Offline

Pythros

Does the fill feature base the generating of chunks off of the minecraft_server.jar file or something else you use?

Asking whether or not I can use this to create a release 1.0 map with this.

29. Offline

Brettflan

It uses the default Bukkit world generation methods, using whatever world generator is set for the current world. The world generator should be the default Minecraft one unless a different one has been specified.
    If you're getting solid rock being generated, it's either from you specifying a different world generator or it's a Bukkit bug.

30. Offline

That_one_Guy

New

I need help sorry for my noobishness but i use group manager and every time a new person joins my server it says that there owner how do i make it so it says that there a guest/player or builder

31. Offline

Brettflan

What does that have to do with WorldBorder?