Inactive [MECH] WirelessRedstone 1.1 ALPHA - No more long RedStone Wires! Go Wireless! [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by WMisiedjan, May 30, 2011.

1. Offline

WMisiedjan

Wireless<font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)">Red</font>stone
    Get rid of those Wires!
    You like one of my products? Please donate a little bit so I can buy a second monitor! (To be more productive)

Version: v1.2 Beta - Google Code
    Follow Development Status: Twitter - WMisiedjanTech

With WirelessRedstone you can create connections between to redstone points, When power comes into a Transmitter sign it will create power on a Receiver sign.

I'm currently developing version 1.0 with a lot of new features!
    Check out source code/Development status on:
    https://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/

<font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)">WARNING:</font>
    Version 0.2 is NOT be compatible with older versions.
    Remove the WirelessRedstone folder in plugins before upgrading!

How does it work?
    * Step 1

- * Place a sign wherever you want the redstone to come from.
    * Place on the first line of the sing: [transmitter] or [WRt]
    * And on the second line any name/number you want. (Channel name)
    - Step 2
    * Place a sign wherever you want the redstone to go to.
    * Type on the first line of the sign: [receiver] or [WRr]
    * And on the second line the SAME name/number that you have typed on the second line of the transmitter. (Channel name)
    - Step 3
    * Power a Redstone to the transmitter sign.
    * Now a power will be created on the receiver sign!
    - Step 4 (Optional)
    * You can now create more Receivers or Transmitters on the same channel or a other channel!

The WRt and WRr tags are available since version 1.0a.

Video Tutorial by <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">John Kapsis</font>: - Updated

Amazing Example by <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">John Kapsis</font>:

Permission Nodes:
    WirelessRedstone.basics - Gives basic access to create signs only for own channel, Delete signs of your own channel, Etc. (This is currently only for commands)
    WirelessRedstone.createsign - Allows user/group to create signs manually.

Commands:
    /WRr Channelname - Create a receiver sign with the given channel at your current location.
    Node: WirelessRedstone.commands.wrr
    /WRt Channelname - Create a transmitter sign with the given channel at your current location.
    Node: WirelessRedstone.commands.wrt
    /WRc channelname addowner username - Add's a owner to the given channel, Only if you are a owner of that channel to.
    /WRc channelname removeowner username - Removes a owner from the given channel, Only when you are a owner to.
    Node: WirelessRedstone.commands.wrc
    /WRhelp pagenumber - Shows help page with commands!
    WirelessRedstone.commands.help
    /WRremove channelname - Delete whole channel from config and delete all signs within the channel.
    Node: WirelessRedstone.commands.wrremove
    /WRlist - Shows list with all channels and info. Not functional yet.

For access to everthing:
    WirelessRedstone.*
    Everyone than have access to all commands and functions. Although you can only change/access/create signs for your own channels. There is no way yet to manipulate other channels than yours for admins. That's coming soon.

Feutures:
    * Create Wireless Redstone Connections!
    * Mutli-World.
    * Multiple Receivers and Transmitters on a single Channel!
    * Cross World Wireless Redstone Connections! -Not tested yet but it's programmed to work.
    * Unlimited Connections Possible!

Todo/Bugs:
    * Report any bugs/Features here:
    * https://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/issues/list

Downloads:

* WirelessRedstone V1.2 BETA - <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">Google Code</font> - Fixed almost all bugs!
    * WirelessRedstone V1.1 Alpha - Google Code
    * WirelessRedstone V1.0e Alpha - <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">Google Code</font>
    * WirelessRedstone V1.0b Alpha - Google Code
    * WirelessRedstone V1.0c Alpha - Google Code - Alpha version. WORKING! FINALLY! Improved Performance, Added commands (/wrhelp for command list) (commands to create faster signs!). Fixed chunks being unloaded! (I think).
    * WirelessRedstone V0.2.1 - <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    * WirelessRedstone V0.2 - <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    * WirelessRedstone V0.1.5 - <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    * WirelessRedstone V0.1 - <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Changelog:
    Version 1.2 BETA
    * Improved stability
    * Fixed converter.
    * Fixed Torch Duplicators
    * Fixed weird error messages in console.
    * Fixed Piston Error's.
    * When there are no more transmitters in a channel, the sign will automatically turn back when a receiver is powered. (requested feature)
    * Channels will now be removed when there are no more receivers or transmitters in a channel!

Show Spoiler
    Version 1.1 ALPHA
    * Fixed all null bugs.
    * How signs are placed are now saved in the config file. (Wall signs are supported!)
    * BACKUP YOUR SETTINGS FILE BEFORE UPGRADING.
    * I DON'T know how its gonna react on new files

Version 1.0e ALPHA
    * Fixed bug with channel overriding.
    * Fixed bug that you could create a redstone torch generator.
    * Fixed debug messages.
    * See <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)"><font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">http://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/updates/list</font></font> for more changes!
    * Report any bugs/Features requests here:
    * <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)"><font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">https://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/issues/list</font></font>

Version 1.0b ALPHA
    * Fixed a lot of bugs.
    * Added commands. (/wrhelp for more info)
    * See <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">http://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/updates/list</font> for more changes!
    * <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">https://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/issues/list</font>

Version 1.0b ALPHA
    * Fixed bug when placing sign!

Version 1.0a ALPHA
    * Almost everything is rewritten.
    * Shorter tags for signs!
    * New Configuration method for saving and loading.
    * Converter to easily upgrade from 0.2 to 1.0a.
    * Performance fixes/updates.
    * <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">Fixed some bugs</font>
    * Fixed some more bugs that are not shown there.
    * <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">https://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/issues/list</font>

Version: 0.3 BETA
    * Added support for levers on signs. - NOT TESTED YET.
    * Prevents chunks with WirelessRedstone sign's on it to unload. - NEEDS FAR MORE TESTING.
    * Chunks with sings on it are directly loaded when plugin starts!
    * Fixed some bug that when there is no Receiver and you power a Transmitter a console error shows up.
    * Please help testing!
    * - Released in a hurry. Don't had much time to test things. So help me please? xd

Version: 0.2.1
    * Fixed bug when plugin doesn't work without permissions.

Version: 0.2
    * Multiple Receivers & Transmitters on 1 channel!
    * Channel now not anymore limited to numbers. You can use a Alphanumeric name that fits on the sign line. It's case sensetive.
    * FIXED - Signs now will be removed from config file when removed in world!

Version: 0.1.1
    * Sign's are now delete able and replace able. - FIX
    * Reduced file size ALOT. now only 15kb

Version: 0.1
    * Release of this awesome plugin.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
  2. Offline

WMisiedjan

I know, I'm currently working really hard on this.

Benjaneer likes this.
  3. Offline

FireFreak111

Does this work with permissions 3.0? I get 'you do not have permission' whenever I make a sign with the transmitter on it.

4. Offline

WMisiedjan

Oh yeah forgot to mention all the new permission node's. Will update now.

Updated permission nodes in thread!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  5. Offline

Steven McWayne

How to Explain.
    It doesn't work :D
    I got it running but 2 different wrt's were switching 1 wrr
    like wrt1 wrr1 wrt9 switched both the wrr1, wrr1 was around..4 blocks away
    so i reinstalled plugin, reloaded (like the 4 times before it half worked :p) and doesnt get any further now.

Version 1c.
    Plugins:

mmcmo
    worldedit
    worldguard
    stackable
    glavelclay
    permissions v3
    keepgrowing
    lampstone
    gastronomic
    xauth
    tombstone

2011-06-19 16:25:05 [INFO] <McWayne> hm 2011-06-19 16:25:47 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: The block that is breaking is a sign! 2011-06-19 16:25:51 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: The block that is breaking is a sign! <- just replaced 2 signs for getting it worked,testing 2011-06-19 16:26:00 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: Found a Channel! :) 2011-06-19 16:26:00 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: Updating Receiver Location List Cache 2011-06-19 16:26:00 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: Found a Channel! :) 2011-06-19 16:26:00 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException 2011-06-19 16:26:00 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: Found a Channel! :) 2011-06-19 16:26:00 [SEVERE] at net.WMisiedjan.WirelessRedstone.WireBox$1.run(WireBox.java:249) 2011-06-19 16:26:00 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: Found a Channel! :) 2011-06-19 16:26:00 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(CraftWorker.java:34) 2011-06-19 16:26:00 [SEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) 2011-06-19 16:26:00 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException 2011-06-19 16:26:00 [SEVERE] at net.WMisiedjan.WirelessRedstone.WireBox$2.run(WireBox.java:280) 2011-06-19 16:26:00 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(CraftWorker.java:34) 2011-06-19 16:26:00 [SEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) 2011-06-19 16:26:08 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: Updating Receiver Location List Cache 2011-06-19 16:26:08 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: Found a Channel! :) 2011-06-19 16:26:08 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: Found a Channel! :) 2011-06-19 16:26:08 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: Found a Channel! :) 2011-06-19 16:26:08 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: Found a Channel! :) 2011-06-19 16:26:08 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: Found a Channel! :) 2011-06-19 16:26:08 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: Found a Channel! :) 2011-06-19 16:26:08 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException 2011-06-19 16:26:08 [SEVERE] at net.WMisiedjan.WirelessRedstone.WireBox$2.run(WireBox.java:280) 2011-06-19 16:26:08 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(CraftWorker.java:34) 2011-06-19 16:26:08 [SEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) 2011-06-19 16:26:08 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException 2011-06-19 16:26:08 [SEVERE] at net.WMisiedjan.WirelessRedstone.WireBox$1.run(WireBox.java:242) 2011-06-19 16:26:08 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(CraftWorker.java:34) 2011-06-19 16:26:08 [SEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

6. Offline

JanTTuX

IN VERSION 1.0 ALPHA
    what the hell this means everything works fine but this thing spams my log/cmd

Code:
    WIRELESS REDSTONE : THERE IS ACTUALY SOMETHING FUCKING THIS LIST
    can u remove it xD

IN VERSION 0.21
    NOTHING WORKS! ERRORS ERRORS
    Code:
    17:54:30 [SEVERE] Could not pass event REDSTONE_CHANGE to WirelessRedstone
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at net.WMisiedjan.WirelessRedstone.WirelessRedstoneConfiguration.getBloc
    ks(WirelessRedstoneConfiguration.java:292)
            at net.WMisiedjan.WirelessRedstone.WirelessRedstoneBlockListener.onBlock
    RedstoneChange(WirelessRedstoneBlockListener.java:45)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$33.execute(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:468)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:310)
            at net.minecraft.server.BlockSign.doPhysics(BlockSign.java:123)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.k(World.java:431)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.applyPhysics(World.java:407)
            at net.minecraft.server.BlockRedstoneWire.g(BlockRedstoneWire.java:52)
            at net.minecraft.server.BlockRedstoneWire.doPhysics(BlockRedstoneWire.ja
    va:289)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.applyPhysics(World.java:406)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.applyPhysics(World.java:411)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.applyPhysics(World.java:408)
            at net.minecraft.server.BlockPressurePlate.g(BlockPressurePlate.java:140
    )
            at net.minecraft.server.BlockPressurePlate.a(BlockPressurePlate.java:78)

at net.minecraft.server.Entity.move(Entity.java:599)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:312)
            at net.minecraft.server.Packet10Flying.a(SourceFile:126)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkManager.b(NetworkManager.java:226)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetServerHandler.a(NetServerHandler.java:75)
            at net.minecraft.server.NetworkListenThread.a(SourceFile:105)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:399)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    17:54:31 [SEVERE] Could not pass event REDSTONE_CHANGE to WirelessRedstone
    java.lang.NullPointerException
            at net.WMisiedjan.WirelessRedstone.WirelessRedstoneConfiguration.getBloc
    ks(WirelessRedstoneConfiguration.java:292)
            at net.WMisiedjan.WirelessRedstone.WirelessRedstoneBlockListener.onBlock
    RedstoneChange(WirelessRedstoneBlockListener.java:57)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$33.execute(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:468)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:310)
            at net.minecraft.server.BlockSign.doPhysics(BlockSign.java:123)
            at net.minecraft.server.BlockPressurePlate.g(BlockPressurePlate.java:148
    )
            at net.minecraft.server.BlockPressurePlate.a(BlockPressurePlate.java:70)

at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:1872)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.doTick(World.java:1616)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:389)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)
    >

7. Offline

WMisiedjan

Weird, I think I forgot to build again after I removed those debug messages that I wrote when I was very angry.
    Building now and reuploading!

8. Offline

sventi83

Hahahaha! (y)
    Awesome progress there, sir! :D think I jumped from 0.2 to 1.0c A :)
    But I'm having issues now! :confused:
    I've created two lever for my wicked PorteCoulissante, which transmits two separate signals to my "engine"-room, called "fakInne" and "fakUte". But since the upgrade (yes, I deleted the old WR-folder), the "fakUte"-receiver changes its channelname to "fakInne" somehow. :confused: Think I'll try reload my server without the plugin, and then install it yet again..
    Just thought you should know :) Great work anyhow!

9. Offline

JanTTuX

u still not remove the : [INFO] WirelessRedstone: THERE ACTUALLY IS SOMETHING IN THIS FUCKING LIST!

10. Offline

rcth

Code:
    07:06:44 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\WirelessRedstone.jar' in folder 'plugi
    ns':
    could not determine a constructor for the tag !WirelessChannel
     in "<reader>", line 5, column 12:
            '135': !WirelessChannel
                   ^

at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.SafeConstructor$ConstructUndefined.con
    struct(SafeConstructor.java:459)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.constructObject(BaseCo
    nstructor.java:184)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.constructMapping2ndSte
    p(BaseConstructor.java:327)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.SafeConstructor.constructMapping2ndSte
    p(SafeConstructor.java:125)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.constructMapping(BaseC
    onstructor.java:308)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.SafeConstructor$ConstructYamlMap.const
    ruct(SafeConstructor.java:443)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.constructMapping2ndSte
    p(BaseConstructor.java:327)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.SafeConstructor.constructMapping2ndSte
    p(SafeConstructor.java:125)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.constructMapping(BaseC
    onstructor.java:308)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.SafeConstructor$ConstructYamlMap.const
    ruct(SafeConstructor.java:443)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.constructDocument(Base
    Constructor.java:143)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.constructor.BaseConstructor.getSingleData(BaseCons
    tructor.java:129)
            at org.yaml.snakeyaml.Yaml.load(Yaml.java:264)
            at org.bukkit.util.config.Configuration.load(Configuration.java:74)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.initialize(JavaPlugin.java:156)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:174)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.
    java:194)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:117)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:103)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.e(MinecraftServer.java:232)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:219)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:146)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:285)

Error by latest rb 860

11. Offline

baterka101

Hello, I have problem. I make a transmitter sign (Channel "aaa"). No problem. I make reciever sign (Channel "aaa"). No problem. I turn on a transmitter. No problem. But if I make other channel, both transmitters turn on both recievers. What am I doing wrong? :(

12. Offline

colin8696909

interesting however does this work like craftbook were your sines are reset every time you load the server or is it different.

13. Offline

woodzy

Code:
    11:12:08 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: Updating Receiver Location List Cache
    11:12:08 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    11:12:08 [SEVERE]      at net.WMisiedjan.WirelessRedstone.WireBox$2.run(WireBox.java:280)
    11:12:08 [SEVERE]      at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(CraftWorker.java:34)
    11:12:08 [SEVERE]      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
    11:12:08 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: Found a Channel! :)
    11:12:08 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    11:12:08 [SEVERE]      at net.WMisiedjan.WirelessRedstone.WireBox$1.run(WireBox.java:242)
    11:12:08 [SEVERE]      at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(CraftWorker.java:34)
    11:12:08 [SEVERE]      at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:636)
    11:12:19 [INFO] Stopping server

@WMisiedjan CB#900 liunx 64bit

14. Offline

Daikyoka

Very usefull, I love. :)

Suggestion : add a delay in seconds by typing float at the third line.
    Code:
    [WRt]
    channel
    or
    Code:
    [WRr]
    channel

15. Offline

Avous

@WMisiedjan

I'd love to use this plugin and it would make my life easier however...

I've tried every version of 1.0 and whenever i make a transmitter/receiver when i turn on the Transmitter it makes ALL the receivers turn on even if the receivers names aren't the same and all the receivers names change after i turn off a transmitter. LOTS of errors.

And on pre 1.0 the transmitters and receivers just dont work. No errors.

CraftBukkit 860
    Permissions 2.7

Heres the errors for 1.0+

Code:
    2011-06-22 13:44:17 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: Updating Receiver Location List Cache
    2011-06-22 13:44:17 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-06-22 13:44:17 [SEVERE] 	at net.WMisiedjan.WirelessRedstone.WireBox$2.run(WireBox.java:280)
    2011-06-22 13:44:17 [SEVERE] 	at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(CraftWorker.java:34)
    2011-06-22 13:44:17 [SEVERE] 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Heres when i make a receiver
    Code:
    2011-06-22 13:44:18 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: Found a Channel! :)
    2011-06-22 13:44:18 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-06-22 13:44:18 [SEVERE] at net.WMisiedjan.WirelessRedstone.WireBox$1.run(WireBox.java:242)
    2011-06-22 13:44:18 [SEVERE] at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(CraftWorker.java:34)
    2011-06-22 13:44:18 [SEVERE] at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    2011-06-22 13:44:41 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: Updating Receiver Location List Cache

heres what it looks like when i try to turn ON a transmitter.
    Code:
    2011-06-22 13:44:47 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: THERE ACTUALLY IS SOMETHING IN THIS FUCKING LIST!
    2011-06-22 13:44:47 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: THERE ACTUALLY IS SOMETHING IN THIS FUCKING LIST!
    2011-06-22 13:44:54 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: THERE ACTUALLY IS SOMETHING IN THIS FUCKING LIST!
    2011-06-22 13:44:54 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: THERE ACTUALLY IS SOMETHING IN THIS FUCKING LIST!
    2011-06-22 13:44:57 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: THERE ACTUALLY IS SOMETHING IN THIS FUCKING LIST!
    2011-06-22 13:44:57 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: THERE ACTUALLY IS SOMETHING IN THIS FUCKING LIST!
    2011-06-22 13:45:01 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: THERE ACTUALLY IS SOMETHING IN THIS FUCKING LIST!
    2011-06-22 13:45:01 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: THERE ACTUALLY IS SOMETHING IN THIS FUCKING LIST!

and finally it makes this error when creating/destroying a transmitter or receiver.

Code:
    2011-06-22 13:50:38 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: The block that is breaking is a sign!
    2011-06-22 13:50:38 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: Updating Receiver Location List Cache
    2011-06-22 13:50:38 [INFO] WirelessRedstone: Found a Channel! :)
    2011-06-22 13:50:38 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-06-22 13:50:38 [SEVERE] 	at net.WMisiedjan.WirelessRedstone.WireBox$2.run(WireBox.java:280)
    2011-06-22 13:50:38 [SEVERE] 	at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(CraftWorker.java:34)
    2011-06-22 13:50:38 [SEVERE] 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
    2011-06-22 13:50:38 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    2011-06-22 13:50:38 [SEVERE] 	at net.WMisiedjan.WirelessRedstone.WireBox$1.run(WireBox.java:242)
    2011-06-22 13:50:38 [SEVERE] 	at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.scheduler.CraftWorker.run(CraftWorker.java:34)
    2011-06-22 13:50:38 [SEVERE] 	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

16. Offline

Chillybeef

I love your plugin, but i have a slight issue. I don't mind the THERE IS SOMETHING IN THIS FUCKING LIST error too much, but i'm building a codable computer to play games, and need about 6000 receivers/transmitters alone just for the RAM cells/decoders. This will cause havoc to my console, and i need something done about it before i can move on. I don't mean to sound pushy, and i understand that you guys are probably busy, but that is the only thing holding us up from making the rest of the RAM.

Also, i seem to get errors with some transmitters/receivers. With one in particular, i get a long stream of errors when i try to remove a receiver and it refuses to remove it. I might just delete my settings.yml and redo the few i have, but it will be a huge problem if this keeps happening.

17. Offline

mrdeadlocked

How do we convert config.yml to settings.yml?

18. Offline

FireFreak111

Any chance of moving your repository to github and converting to Maven? Would make contributions from people a whole lot easier.

19. Offline

LennardF1989

Am I the only one who has issues where all Signs change to a Redstone Torch when I toggle any channel?

Your code also looks overly complex, you could easily get it down to a few classes with much less lines of code.

I took the liberty to checkout the project, refactor it a little (mostly the logger - included DebugMode) and put Maven on it. Everyone who wishes so can download it from my dropbox: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4832900/Projects/Minecraft/Voluntary/WirelessRedstone/WirelessRedStone.zip

Compiled version can be found in the target directory.

Add a line DebugMode: true to your config file if you wish to enable the log-messages in console output.

I am not uploading this to GitHub as I have no intentions in maintaining this plugin, I therefor find it a job for the programmer of the plugin. If the owner does this, I will fork it, though.

EDIT: Note that the Maven dependencies come from the local /lib directory, which generates warnings. This works for now, but as said in the warning: may be removed in future versions.

Updated dropbox version with:
    - Arrays not being intiliazed (caused NullPointerException)
    - Fixes for-loops using a questionable method (caused IndexOutOfBoundsException)
    - Toggling one transmitter only toggles his counter-parts, not all of them...

I commented everything with a "LennardF1989: " tag.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  20. Offline

Nitnelave

Humm, just curious, what's the plugin you use that heals the terrain over time (yeah, someone was BOUND to ask, so why not me?)?

21. Offline

Avous

he was obviously using the pistons plugin :p lol. it wasnt terrain regeneration. it was a pistons plugin called bukkitpiston. he was feeding the pistons cobblestone to push.

22. Offline

Nitnelave

Oooow! Cheating! :p No, I was wondering because I'm working on a plugin like that ^^ CreeperHeal

23. Offline

Noucki

I could be a nice plugin ... if it doesn't bug. When I place a sign with: [WRt] <name of the channel>, it says I've just create a channel. So, it's working. And when I create a [WRr] <same name than after>, the plugin doesn't bug. BUT, when I create an other channel with a OTHER [WRt] and [WRr], the second WireLess Receiver bugs and changes his name with the name of the first channel name ... Can you help me ? Or I've to download an other version ?
    CraftBukkit Build: #860
    Plugin version: 1.0b Alpha (the last)

24. Offline

LennardF1989

Noucki likes this.
  25. Offline

Avous

26. Offline

LennardF1989

Open the Zip, in there you'll find a target directory.

27. Offline

CainFoool

Found a bug having unlimited Redstone Torches.
    Whenever you create a receiver sign and explode it with TNT, when you press the button to transmit the power, redstone torches pop out where the receiver sign previously was.

If you are not sure what I mean, this is what I did
    [​IMG]

28. Offline

LennardF1989

Did it give any messages like "You've successfully removed a sign" or "You cannot remove magic torches" or alike? Or just a boom?

29. Offline

iamjimwood

ok so spent the morning trying this out... learned to read through posts before just trying to make things work... thanks for this plugin it is great! will help alot. you my friend are THE MAN!!!

p.s. and you like naruto as well... you truely are a god among men

30. Offline

Noucki

31. Offline

LennardF1989

You're most welcome :)