Inactive [MECH] WirelessRedstone 1.1 ALPHA - No more long RedStone Wires! Go Wireless! [1000]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by WMisiedjan, May 30, 2011.

1. Offline

WMisiedjan

Wireless<font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)">Red</font>stone
    Get rid of those Wires!
    You like one of my products? Please donate a little bit so I can buy a second monitor! (To be more productive)

Version: v1.2 Beta - Google Code
    Follow Development Status: Twitter - WMisiedjanTech

With WirelessRedstone you can create connections between to redstone points, When power comes into a Transmitter sign it will create power on a Receiver sign.

I'm currently developing version 1.0 with a lot of new features!
    Check out source code/Development status on:
    https://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/

<font color="rgb(255, 0, 0)">WARNING:</font>
    Version 0.2 is NOT be compatible with older versions.
    Remove the WirelessRedstone folder in plugins before upgrading!

How does it work?
    * Step 1

- * Place a sign wherever you want the redstone to come from.
    * Place on the first line of the sing: [transmitter] or [WRt]
    * And on the second line any name/number you want. (Channel name)
    - Step 2
    * Place a sign wherever you want the redstone to go to.
    * Type on the first line of the sign: [receiver] or [WRr]
    * And on the second line the SAME name/number that you have typed on the second line of the transmitter. (Channel name)
    - Step 3
    * Power a Redstone to the transmitter sign.
    * Now a power will be created on the receiver sign!
    - Step 4 (Optional)
    * You can now create more Receivers or Transmitters on the same channel or a other channel!

The WRt and WRr tags are available since version 1.0a.

Video Tutorial by <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">John Kapsis</font>: - Updated

Amazing Example by <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">John Kapsis</font>:

Permission Nodes:
    WirelessRedstone.basics - Gives basic access to create signs only for own channel, Delete signs of your own channel, Etc. (This is currently only for commands)
    WirelessRedstone.createsign - Allows user/group to create signs manually.

Commands:
    /WRr Channelname - Create a receiver sign with the given channel at your current location.
    Node: WirelessRedstone.commands.wrr
    /WRt Channelname - Create a transmitter sign with the given channel at your current location.
    Node: WirelessRedstone.commands.wrt
    /WRc channelname addowner username - Add's a owner to the given channel, Only if you are a owner of that channel to.
    /WRc channelname removeowner username - Removes a owner from the given channel, Only when you are a owner to.
    Node: WirelessRedstone.commands.wrc
    /WRhelp pagenumber - Shows help page with commands!
    WirelessRedstone.commands.help
    /WRremove channelname - Delete whole channel from config and delete all signs within the channel.
    Node: WirelessRedstone.commands.wrremove
    /WRlist - Shows list with all channels and info. Not functional yet.

For access to everthing:
    WirelessRedstone.*
    Everyone than have access to all commands and functions. Although you can only change/access/create signs for your own channels. There is no way yet to manipulate other channels than yours for admins. That's coming soon.

Feutures:
    * Create Wireless Redstone Connections!
    * Mutli-World.
    * Multiple Receivers and Transmitters on a single Channel!
    * Cross World Wireless Redstone Connections! -Not tested yet but it's programmed to work.
    * Unlimited Connections Possible!

Todo/Bugs:
    * Report any bugs/Features here:
    * https://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/issues/list

Downloads:

* WirelessRedstone V1.2 BETA - <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">Google Code</font> - Fixed almost all bugs!
    * WirelessRedstone V1.1 Alpha - Google Code
    * WirelessRedstone V1.0e Alpha - <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">Google Code</font>
    * WirelessRedstone V1.0b Alpha - Google Code
    * WirelessRedstone V1.0c Alpha - Google Code - Alpha version. WORKING! FINALLY! Improved Performance, Added commands (/wrhelp for command list) (commands to create faster signs!). Fixed chunks being unloaded! (I think).
    * WirelessRedstone V0.2.1 - <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    * WirelessRedstone V0.2 - <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    * WirelessRedstone V0.1.5 - <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>
    * WirelessRedstone V0.1 - <Edit by Moderator: Redacted mediafire url>

Changelog:
    Version 1.2 BETA
    * Improved stability
    * Fixed converter.
    * Fixed Torch Duplicators
    * Fixed weird error messages in console.
    * Fixed Piston Error's.
    * When there are no more transmitters in a channel, the sign will automatically turn back when a receiver is powered. (requested feature)
    * Channels will now be removed when there are no more receivers or transmitters in a channel!

Show Spoiler
    Version 1.1 ALPHA
    * Fixed all null bugs.
    * How signs are placed are now saved in the config file. (Wall signs are supported!)
    * BACKUP YOUR SETTINGS FILE BEFORE UPGRADING.
    * I DON'T know how its gonna react on new files

Version 1.0e ALPHA
    * Fixed bug with channel overriding.
    * Fixed bug that you could create a redstone torch generator.
    * Fixed debug messages.
    * See <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)"><font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">http://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/updates/list</font></font> for more changes!
    * Report any bugs/Features requests here:
    * <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)"><font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">https://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/issues/list</font></font>

Version 1.0b ALPHA
    * Fixed a lot of bugs.
    * Added commands. (/wrhelp for more info)
    * See <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">http://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/updates/list</font> for more changes!
    * <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">https://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/issues/list</font>

Version 1.0b ALPHA
    * Fixed bug when placing sign!

Version 1.0a ALPHA
    * Almost everything is rewritten.
    * Shorter tags for signs!
    * New Configuration method for saving and loading.
    * Converter to easily upgrade from 0.2 to 1.0a.
    * Performance fixes/updates.
    * <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">Fixed some bugs</font>
    * Fixed some more bugs that are not shown there.
    * <font color="rgb(16, 97, 179)">https://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/issues/list</font>

Version: 0.3 BETA
    * Added support for levers on signs. - NOT TESTED YET.
    * Prevents chunks with WirelessRedstone sign's on it to unload. - NEEDS FAR MORE TESTING.
    * Chunks with sings on it are directly loaded when plugin starts!
    * Fixed some bug that when there is no Receiver and you power a Transmitter a console error shows up.
    * Please help testing!
    * - Released in a hurry. Don't had much time to test things. So help me please? xd

Version: 0.2.1
    * Fixed bug when plugin doesn't work without permissions.

Version: 0.2
    * Multiple Receivers & Transmitters on 1 channel!
    * Channel now not anymore limited to numbers. You can use a Alphanumeric name that fits on the sign line. It's case sensetive.
    * FIXED - Signs now will be removed from config file when removed in world!

Version: 0.1.1
    * Sign's are now delete able and replace able. - FIX
    * Reduced file size ALOT. now only 15kb

Version: 0.1
    * Release of this awesome plugin.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 27, 2016
  2. Offline

WMisiedjan

in the newest version that I'm currently writing is the LogLevel settings in the config.yml.
    Also with a ChunkKeepLoading setting and a ChunkKeepLoading range so the chunks around the other chunks also don't unload.

I recommend to use version 0.2.1 with the newest build. Should work. When new version 1.0 is released you can easily upgrade to it. A automatic setting converter is going to be included and it already works. I only have currently a problem with loading the new settings file because of a custom YML tag that I didn't figure out yet.

3. Offline

John Kapsis

Very nice! looking forward!!

4. Offline

storm75x

this looks like one in RedstoneChips

5. Offline

John Kapsis

so?

6. Offline

WMisiedjan

Just released a ALPHA version of version 1.0

This version has a working settings converter if you are upgrading.

There are still no commands and it is basically working like the previous version only its saving differently, it prevents chunks form unloading,there has been a lot of performance updates and more stuff.

You can find it within 15 minutes on my Google Code: it isn't a official release so backup your stuff before upgrading!

Released, Main thread updated!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2016
  7. Offline

SillyWalker

I keep getting this error:
    Code:
    22:05:17 [SEVERE] Could not pass event REDSTONE_CHANGE to WirelessRedstone
    java.lang.ClassCastException: org.bukkit.craftbukkit.block.CraftBlockState canno
    t be cast to org.bukkit.block.Sign
            at net.WMisiedjan.WirelessRedstone.WirelessRedstoneBlockListener.onBlock
    RedstoneChange(WirelessRedstoneBlockListener.java:63)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$33.execute(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:468)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:310)
            at net.minecraft.server.BlockSign.doPhysics(BlockSign.java:123)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.k(World.java:431)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.applyPhysics(World.java:411)
            at net.minecraft.server.BlockRedstoneWire.g(BlockRedstoneWire.java:52)
            at net.minecraft.server.BlockRedstoneWire.doPhysics(BlockRedstoneWire.ja
    va:289)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.k(World.java:431)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.applyPhysics(World.java:411)
            at net.minecraft.server.BlockButton.a(BlockButton.java:246)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.a(World.java:1872)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.doTick(World.java:1616)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:389)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:309)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)

8. Offline

Minecrafter9001

I found a problem:

Sign tags [WRt] and [WRr] don't work!

9. Offline

Fujikatoma

If i try to make an connection :/

10. Offline

WMisiedjan

Fixed, It was a small stupid bug.

http://code.google.com/p/wirelessredstone/downloads/list

Should work now in version 1.0b. See google code.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

11. Offline

CoolOppo

I am going to test this out very soon! The only thing I am afraid of with this plugin is that it may stop being supported in the future and my redstone creations will stop working.

12. Offline

WMisiedjan

The source code is always available and I will try to contribute as much as possible.
    It's almost summer holiday here so then I'm able to work on this almost 24/7!

13. Offline

CoolOppo

Yay! I'm not really worried too much about that, it's not too hard to wire redstone (sometimes)!
    Amazing plugin!

14. Offline

Ambedrake

hey mate, been awhile since I had a chance to check in. Our published server is still on 0.2, if I add the new jar file will it be possible to convert the current sign information to the new version, we have a rather extensive system in place that would require a few days of work to redo if it doesn't and as its the core railways that would be bad lol.

Still like the idea of it being stored in SQL format personally. Anyways, something that I think needs added is if there is a double of the same sign is in the file (2 signs in the same coordinates) one either needs ignored or purged from the file. My guys have been having this issue off an on so its not like it makes dual entries all the time just sometimes. Either way a check should be done to stop infinite sign spawns in the future. If that was implimented would love to know, this would be yet another instance where SQL would make life simple is the checks as you can pull all signs on the map, check for coord x, then narrow by y, then finally narrow by z, and see if only 1 entry comes up or if a second does as well and purge the oldest of the entries. Fairly simple code really something I have other programs doing, IE my business contacts list if the person gets added twice it purges the older entry to make sure the program doesn't bring up bad information.

One of my java programmer admins is looking over your code now so if he comes up with anything I will let you know, if we are allowed to add commits to the code please say something I don't like changing code with out author permission on the published sites (unless its github then I just fork it and do it there).

ttyl,
    Ambe

15. Offline

WMisiedjan

That's why it's open-source!
    I have SQLLite implantation on my ToDo list but I didn't see it as a high priority. When commands are introduced there will be some commands that will check for bubble items and clear up the config file and such.

16. Offline

Ambedrake

cool, yeah SQLite isn't bad personally I prefer MySQL as it has more control but hey if you can get the Lite version in its only a hop skip and a jump away to modify the code lol.

17. Offline

WMisiedjan

I can easily support both with exactly the same code. There a lib here on the forums that support that.

18. Offline

Ambedrake

^_^ you make me smile ^_^ lol

19. Offline

Benjaneer

I'm adding this to my server ;) Thanks for an awesome plugin! :D

20. Offline

jimhead

I cannot get it to work for some reason, i get the message "you just extended a channel" but when i power transmitter nothing happens at the receiver

21. Offline

WMisiedjan

Weird, What version are you using?

22. Offline

jimhead

v1.0b i think, only just downloaded it so probably the latest

version o.2.1 is working

23. Offline

CoD511

I'm getting the same problem, partially :( Am using version 0.2.1 and can't get another receiver working with the same channel. It displays the channel extended message, but the new receiver doesn't work (while the old ones on the channel still function fine).

Apart from that, am loving this! Great work mate.

24. Offline

damnkiller

25. Offline

John Kapsis

There will be a bugfix available very soon, please have patience!

26. Offline

TruffleDucks

Oh my god... stop replying to that long message :D

27. Offline

simsor

Great plugin ! I use it to open distant doors in my arena, and it works great !

28. Offline

Derrick Mehaffy

Is there any reason why this plugin is throwing :WirelessRedstone: sign location found! 11 times then :WirelessRedstone: Chunk Unloaded and it does this over and over again. Its really starting to make my log file huge. Is there a fix or something i can do?

29. Offline

TruffleDucks

I have a bug where I make multiple transmitters and receivers, but it seems that some receiver signs don't make it if you make a lot of them.

30. Offline

ultimak

@WMisiedjan One of my players found a bug in the 0.21 version. He was able to put a receiver sign on top of a blank sign and it would spawn 4 redstone torchs. It also spammed this error over and over in the server.log:

2011-06-19 00:53:22 [SEVERE] Could not pass event REDSTONE_CHANGE to WirelessRedstone
    java.lang.ClassCastException

I havent yet tested to see if its also in the 1.0a or 1.0b builds, but I thought it was worth mentioning

31. Offline

CoolOppo

I agree. Please do this.

Yes I know that "it's not working" posts don't help, but it literally just isn't working for me.
    It will say that I extended a channel, etc. when I place a sign, but it doesn't actually work for me.