Inactive [MECH] TreeAssist - Auto-Replant and Auto-Chop Trees [1.4.2-RB0.1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by itsatacoshop247, Apr 25, 2011.

1. Offline

itsatacoshop247

TreeAssist - Auto Replants
    Version: v5.0

This plugin will replant trees when they are cut down (or burnt down), and will keep it the same tree type. Also has a custom leaf decay planter and tree removal.

Checkout the BukkitDev page!

Most Recent Video

Here is a video of the 3.0 Tree Removal Feature (slightly outdated):

Here is a video of the normal functions

Features:
    • Replants trees when the bottom log is cut down, or burnt down.
    • Break a birch tree? Replants a birch sapling. Same for all type of trees
    Commands
    • '/TreeAssist Toggle' - lets a player turn TreeAssist features on or off.
    • '/TreeAssist Global' - Toggles TreeAssist for everyone
    • '/TreeAssist Reload' - Reload the plugin's config file
    Config
    Permissions
    • treeassist.autoremove - Should the player be allowed to break the bottom block and the whole tree comes down?
    • treeassist.replant - When the player chops down a tree, should a sapling replant itself?
    • treeassist.toggle - Gives player access to the '/TreeAssist Toggle' command to turn TreeAssist on or off
    • treeassist.toggle.global - Gives player access to the '/TreeAssist global' command to turn TreeAssist on or off for everyone
    • treeassist.reload - access to '/treeassist reload'
    Download

Source Code

See the full change-log here!

Roadmap:
    • Suggest things!
    • Custom Leaf Drops
    Like the plugin? Help me keep my programming hobby alive! Please consider donating!
    [​IMG]

2. Offline

DerKB

Greetings,

so i run into some permission problems, i use PEX to set them, but only i as OP can chop the trees for now.

Next, sapplings change there type if i brake them and pick them up, to prevent a tree from being grown, but i like to get some birch sapplings and not only the normal ones, maybe you find a way to let the sapplings keep there type.

And about the house check, maybe simple check if there is dirt under the log block so players can put what ever under there treehouses and they will not fall down anymore, LyTreeHelper did it that way i think, used it for some time and worked fine.

Regards
    derkb

3. Offline

minecraftYord

Talking about an earlier request: It is not really compatible with NoLagg. Would be awesome if you could do anything about it.

BPCM likes this.
  4. Offline

Stormbow

Works in RB 1.0.1-R1 / 1597. One problem though:

Your default "MainConfig.properties" file contains
    which should be
    This may cause problems for some users.

(I used permissions for the replants, chopped a tree, got no replants. Changed that line in the config and now I get the replants.)

PS - I absolutely [​IMG]LOVE[​IMG] your FoundDiamonds plugin.

Suggestion
    Separate Replant_a_Sapling from Auto_Tree_Destroy.

Some players may not want trees auto-destroyed, but want the replanted trees.

Edit: Auto_Tree_Destroy=false allows the saplings to be replanted without destroying the whole tree, but it'd be nice to specifically see that in the config is what I meant.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 14, 2016
  5. Offline

Stormbow

EXPLOIT:
    If a player puts a log on the ground and breaks it, a sapling is spawned. This is exploitative. Saplings are furnace fuel and are salable items on some servers.

Possible solution: Require logs to be attached to logs which are attached to more than 1 leaf block before a sapling planting is considered?

6. Offline

BPCM

I too have the same issue

7. Offline

CamBlack

Exploit:
    Doesn't seem to be working with WorldGuard. It's allowing users to destroy wood blocks in areas they don't have permission in. Seems to be planting the sapling before WorldGuard puts the wood blocks back in place. One morning I woke up to all of the wood houses being griefed and logblock didn't log any of it so I was unable to roll anything back. Anyone else have this problem, or a fix to it? Or can I expect this to be fixed in the next update?

Thanks.

8. Offline

o0AzzA0o

Explot: alot of users dont understand how plugins work and can't seem to comprehend how plugins will work with each other before they install them.

Is there any way we can perhaps help people to read and at least think about listener types and educate how plugins acctualy manage to do thse magical things to stop nosence Expliot tags?

9. Offline

Stormbow

Or you could just not watch threads that you have no constructive input for.

o0AzzA0o likes this.
  10. Offline

Neillithan

I have couple of suggestions.

Can you make it so that planted saplings (auto AND manually placed) get destroyed when you break the sapling?

The reason I suggest this is because people can use this plugin to abuse sapling harvesting. They place a wooden block on the ground, destroy the wooden block, retrieve the sapling... rinse and repeat. It's a cheap way to get infinite saplings.

With this plugin, it's not like you're going to be in dire need of saplings since a sapling is planted as soon as you chop down a tree.

Also, another suggestion would be to prevent a sapling from being created by user placed wood blocks. Lets say that you have absolutely no saplings and you need a tree ASAP. The user could simply place a wood block on some grass, remove the wood block... bam, now you have a sapling from nothing!

I don't know how difficult that would be to implement.

To summarize:

1. Breaking a planted sapling should give you nothing back.
    2. Prevent a sapling from being created when a player places a wooden block on grass and then removes the wooden block.

Those 2 things would make this plugin perfect!

Thanks,
    -Neil

P.S. It would be nice if you could configure the plugin from a config file.

11. Offline

Stormbow

;)

12. Offline

longfear

It replaces all sapplings or none? If it does, could you make an option for it to replace only one sappling and the other will fall as usually? Sorry for my bad English :p

13. Offline

Stormbow

You can configure that in the MainConfig.properties file. Open it with Notepad.

14. Offline

hqSparx

I found an bug which griefers may use - breaking logs on somebodys regions (worldguard) makes all the logs pop out, even if the event is cancelled

15. Offline

Alien100

I removed plugin -.-
    Fix the worldguard problem and this.
    Code:
    2012-01-10 23:25:47 [WARNING] Could not properly handle event BLOCK_PHYSICS:
    java.lang.IllegalAccessError: Synchronized code got accessed from another thread: java.util.TimerThread
        at org.bukkit.event.block.BlockListener.onBlockPhysics(BlockListener:0)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$30.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:472)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:62)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:339)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.k(World.java:514)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.applyPhysics(World.java:501)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.update(World.java:463)
        at net.minecraft.server.World.setData(World.java:406)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.block.CraftBlock.setData(CraftBlock.java:57)
        at me.itsatacoshop247.TreeAssist.TreeAssistBlockListener$Reminder1$RemindTask.run(TreeAssistBlockListener.java:283)
        at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:534)
        at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:484)
    And then i am back ;)

16. Offline

Yudaz

Somehow without the permission turned on and without the replant enabled, it replants. How can I make it not do that?

17. Offline

hqSparx

Can I make that worldguard protection for you?

btw.

http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/nolagg/pages/synchronized-code-access-nolagg/
    Code:
    22:57:53 [WARNING] Could not properly handle event BLOCK_PHYSICS:
    java.lang.IllegalAccessError: Synchronized code got accessed from another thread: java.util.TimerThread
            at org.bukkit.event.block.BlockListener.onBlockPhysics(BlockListener:0)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$30.execute(JavaPluginLoader.java:469)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.java:58)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.java:339)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.k(World.java:517)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.applyPhysics(World.java:502)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.update(World.java:466)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.setTypeId(World.java:438)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.block.CraftBlock.setTypeId(CraftBlock.java:77)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.block.CraftBlock.setType(CraftBlock.java:73)
            at me.itsatacoshop247.TreeAssist.TreeAssistBlockListener$Reminder1$RemindTask.run(TreeAssistBlockListener.java:282)
            at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
            at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)

18. Offline

Averus

+1
    same error

19. Offline

rokugin

Using build 1597, no matter how I setup the config file it does its default functions, auto break with no permissions and auto replant.

Auto-replant is actually functioning like super replant as well, break one tree and it attempts to fill every open spot where the leaves drop a sapling with a planted sapling.

20. Offline

supayoshi1

Hi im using Factions and Worldguard, and when noobs remove a tree in safezone, it will automaticly remove the tree, even in a protected area! So can you fix this? Please

21. Offline

robplusplus

Hi! Thanks for making the best tree plugin! We upgraded our test server from CB1597 to CB1818 and received this error every time TreeAssist 3.0 destroyed a tree:

Code:
    20:40:57 [WARNING] Could not properly handle event BLOCK_PHYSICS:
    java.lang.IllegalAccessError: Synchronized code got accessed from another thread
    : java.util.TimerThread
            at org.bukkit.event.Listener.
    onBlockPhysics(Listener:0)
            at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor4.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader$103.execute(JavaPluginLoader.
    java:1024)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.RegisteredListener.callEvent(RegisteredListener.jav
    a:57)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.callEvent(SimplePluginManager.j
    ava:453)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.k(World.java:518)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.applyPhysics(World.java:503)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.update(World.java:467)
            at net.minecraft.server.World.setTypeId(World.java:439)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.block.CraftBlock.setTypeId(CraftBlock.java:88)

at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.block.CraftBlock.setType(CraftBlock.java:84)
            at me.itsatacoshop247.TreeAssist.TreeAssistBlockListener$Reminder1$Remin
    dTask.run(TreeAssistBlockListener.java:282)
            at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
            at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
    20:40:57 [INFO] This error is logged only once: it could have occurred multiple
    times by now.
    (Actually, this error was logged twice in the same second.) I was the only player on the server at the time and we were running the following plugins:

WorldEdit+WorldGuard
    iConomy+ChestShop
    FalseBookCore+Block+Extra
    PermissionsEx+Modifyworld (disabled)+ChatManager (disabled)+Permissions
    Multiverse-Core+Multiverse-Portals
    CommandBook, NoLagg, LWC, WorldBorder

Hope this helps,
    Rob

22. Offline

Tommehnet

Unusuable with Towny, would be perfect if it worked with no-destroy zones.

23. Offline

SupaYoshi

same polease fix :D

24. Offline

hqSparx

25. Offline

Zerind

Hi, I don't mean to bug you, but whenever I try to download this plugin something will pop up saying: "Failed to load Main-Class manifest attribute"
    Do you know how to solve this? This also happens with every JAR file I try to download.

26. Offline

SupaYoshi

27. Offline

joselitoeu

Hope you do this soon...

28. Offline

iAntiSkid

How do i set this for only one certain area ??

29. Offline

Jombi

Yeah, that works until you reload the plugin. I've decompiled his plugin and fixed the issue. Here's the fixed version: http://goo.gl/uLkSn - I compiled it with 1.1-R3, so it should be up to date. I noticed his events were outdated... so that's fixed.

I did change the package name to my own so its easier for me to work with in my Eclipse setup, but Taco's still the original coder, so props to him.

Now I don't know how well that'll work with the worldgaurd issue...

30. Offline

Everlong

Any chance of getting the source of that?

31. Offline

Jombi