[MECH][TP] Graveyard v0.4.4 - Multiple player respawn locations. [1317]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by McSpazzy, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Offline

McSpazzy

Graveyard - Allows server operators to define multiple respawn points.
    Version: v0.4.4

Just put in plugins directory and off you go. Config files generated on the fly.
    Built and tested with Craftbukkit 1317.

New development site =D
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/graveyard/

Features:
    • Allows admins to define names and coordinates in config files.
    • Players respawn at closest point.
    • Permissions support for commands.
    Note: This currently overrides many other plugins spawn management.

Commands:

/gy add SpawnName​
    /gy delete SpawnName​
    /gy list​
    /gy list world​
    /gy closest​
    /gy tp SpawnName​
    /gy tp closest​
    /gy tp random​
    /gy info​
    /gy reload​
    /gy version​

Feel free to add as many words in the name as you want. Such as 'Super happy fun spawn point of doom' or something equally as awesome.

Permissions:
    graveyard.command.tp​
    graveyard.command.add​
    graveyard.command.list​
    graveyard.command.closest​
    graveyard.command.delete​
    graveyard.command.message​
    graveyard.command.reload​
    graveyard.command.info​
    graveyard.spawn.[groupname]​
    graveyard.respawn.closest​
    graveyard.respawn.random​
    graveyard.respawn.bed​
    graveyard.respawn.invincible​

Download v0.4.4
    Download v0.4.3
    Download v0.4.2
    Download v0.4.1
    Download v0.4

To Do:
    • Point discovery.
    • Proper documentation.
    Coming in next version (Probably):

Change log:
    Version 0.4.4 - Some pretty big changes.
    • No longer requires permissions to work. If no permissions plugin installed it will automatically let all players spawn at all points.
    • Supports PEX and PermissionsBukkit
    • Took the bed support out for now till I can find a better way to implement it.
    • New points are automatically in the 'default' group which needs no permissions to spawn at, just the graveyard.respawn.closest or random.
    • Updated the configuration code to reflect changes in the new RB.
    Version 0.4.3
    • Option to enable an invincible timer on respawn.
    • Threaded file IO
    • Added commands '/gy tp random' and '/gy tp closest'
    Version 0.4.2

• Configurable option to check/auto notify if there is a new version
    • Permission to change between closest or random spawn point.
    • Allow beds to be used. If set to true in config, will attempt to spawn player at their bed, if that fails, will default to the random/closest permission.
    Version 0.4.1

• Added a '/gy reload' command to reload all points.
    Version 0.4

• Changed permissions to PermissionsBukkit
    • Added per point permissions
    • Added more commands
    • Rewrote some of the code
    Older Versions (open)

Version 0.3.9pre
    • Support for PermissionsEX.
    Version 0.3.8

• Custom respawn strings. Change the closest point's by using '/gy message message here'. You can set it to '/gy message none' for no message.
    • Multiworld support.
    • Took out permissions for now...I know, I'm a terrible person.
    Version 0.3.7

• Fixed the bug caused by the new CB preventing the multiple spawns from working.
    Version 0.3.6

• Some general code cleanups
    Version 0.3.5

• Removed support for Towny, will re-add soon.
    • Fixed null when trying to TP to a non existant point.
    • Updated command list
    Version 0.3.2

• Added support for Towny.
    Version 0.3.1

• Fixed not creating folders on first load bug. Thanks to @spowney for pointing out my stupid mistake. =D (I forgot to put it back in after the code rewrite)
    Version 0.3

• Changes to the commands.
    • Changes to the storing of spawn points.
    • Better permissions support.
    Version 0.3pre

• Basic permissions support.
    • Additional fixes and updates.
    Version 0.2.1

• This is only an intermediate release to address important bugs and compatibility issues.
    • New add coordinate command that works in game as well as from the console.
    • Fixed a few of the command catch errors. So there should be no more console error spamming.
    • The graveyard points now supersedes beds and other plugins. (The ones I tested) Except those plugins which have their priority set to highest.
    Version 0.2

• Added in game add point command. (Remove and list still coming)
    Version 0.1

• Initial Release

I'm still working on it. Just wanted to get a base version out to feedback/bug reports/feature demands. I'll be adding the commands in as soon as I've finished typing this.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
    AS1LV3RN1NJA and kahlilnc like this.
  2. Offline

BioRage

Thanks mate, so it works with Towny than? :)

Awesome to hear your strill workign this

3. Offline

McSpazzy

@Kuun Are you able to pm me the data from your spawnpoint files?
    @hofec Strings are on the to do list for next major release.

4. Offline

hofec

will be great, thank you [diamond]

5. Offline

Kuun

@McSpazzy I start a conversation with you :)

6. Offline

McSpazzy

Has anyone else been having trouble with not spawning at the right spots? I may have broken something in the last update D=

I think something changed in bukkit...im working on the fix now.

7. Offline

Nazerb

8. Offline

Izbay

I've also got four spawn points but it only sends me to the first one.

Code:
    Name=Dehla
    xpos=-139.515068470744
    World=Rin
    Group=All
    zpos=118.4577401153066
    ypos=66.0

Name=Arena
    xpos=44.51910705577678
    World=Rin
    Group=All
    zpos=-22.551789883746206
    ypos=68.0

Name=Hanindor
    xpos=350.1825781497566
    World=Rin
    Group=All
    zpos=-6.656389705454616
    ypos=72.0

Name=Wolfshire
    xpos=254.55470426641924
    World=Rin
    Group=All
    zpos=237.52795146400942
    ypos=74.0

9. Offline

McSpazzy

@Nazerb I'm not sure.
    @Izbay Yeh, I think everyone will be having that problem. Something changed in bukkit. I'm in the process of fixing the code.

@Izbay @Kuun
    Should have fixed the problem with spawns not working properly. 0.3.7 good to go.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

10. Offline

Izbay

Huzzah! ^_^ Thank you :]

11. Offline

Nazerb

i need Multiworld Support, at the min will it just work on the first one?

12. Offline

BioRage

First post:

:rolleyes:

13. Offline

EniGmA1987

Thanks for making this, the plugin is really great. Cant wait for the planned features too :)

14. Offline

Nazerb

Request: Spawn at a certain graveyard. They could have the permission: graveyard.spawn.mytown where mytown is the graveyard name.

15. Offline

BioRage

Bump for a great plugin1

16. Offline

BioRage

Hmm, did this break for 860? I do /gy add and does nothing//

nope, forgot to add me to admins

all good

17. Offline

BioRage

@McSpazzy

I got an idea!

Add configurablity for message,

For example, when you die you respawn to graveyard1, and you get a message that can be configured

"Welcome back pathetic human, another chance to live sha'll be given to you!"

@McSpazzy

Making more than one grave-yard does not work currently....

You spawn at the first one ever made, with the message of the cloest graveyard..

IE Dieing near graveyard2
    You spawn at graveyard1, with graveyard2 notfication

18. Offline

sintri

Works for me on 872. Very cool in principle, slightly bit useless in practice with essential's /back but still very cool. At either rate merged with another server and their map incorporated into, so added this and set their old spawn as one of the respawn points. At any rate it's still a nice plugin.

19. Offline

coolfog2

Hi I think this is a great idea but can you make a video or get someone to make it I would like to use this as a death spawn point on my server to the closest graveyard like an mmo eg; WOW with the temples or graveyards or chruchs. It could be used for greater things like the way you die determands were you respawn I am trying to have a really cool looking server but i want this plugin

20. Offline

dak393

You can do that, thats exactly what this plugin is for :) do you need help setting it up?
    @McSpazzy
    Could we get permissions nodes to disallow respawning at certain points maybe in a config (although a config for one thing is kind of much XD )

21. Offline

sagethor

@McSpazzy

Dunno if this has been requested before, but I'd like to ask some feature pertaining to Compasses. For example, the ability to point your compass to a certain Graveyard? Thanks for reading! :D

22. Offline

McSpazzy

Life stuff again. It is still being worked on, so don't worry. Also, the source is on github. I have no problems with people making contributions.

I'll try and make some proper documentation for it also.

@sagethor that shouldn't be too difficult. so like /gy compass, and it points to nearest, and /gy compass PointName, to point to that one?

@dak393 I'm adding per point permissions in the next version.

@sintri There are a lot of alternatives to a lot of things. This is probably most use on a pvp or rp server, where they don't want people teleporting around.

23. Offline

dak393

:D Awesome, take your time man I can relate.

24. Offline

riuthamus

Can you add support for the option to limit who can spawn at what graveyard? This way we can have two graveyards for opposing teams.

25. Offline

dak393

Yep he's already working on it :)

26. Offline

OZ4RK

In an effort to sort the massive amounts of errors i get on startup....
    Why do I recieve this error when loading Graveyard?
    Code:
    11:10:04 [INFO] [Graveyard] Loading config.
    11:10:04 [SEVERE] java.lang.NullPointerException
    11:10:04 [SEVERE]     at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(FloatingDecimal.java:989)
    11:10:04 [SEVERE]     at java.lang.Double.parseDouble(Double.java:510)
    11:10:04 [SEVERE]     at com.McSpazzy.Graveyard.SpawnPoint.SpawnPointHandler.loadSpawnPoint(SpawnPointHandler.java:33)
    11:10:04 [SEVERE]     at com.McSpazzy.Graveyard.Graveyard.loadPoints(Graveyard.java:59)
    11:10:04 [SEVERE]     at com.McSpazzy.Graveyard.Graveyard.onEnable(Graveyard.java:46)
    11:10:04 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:125)
    11:10:04 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:750)
    11:10:04 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:253)
    11:10:04 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:134)
    11:10:04 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:112)
    11:10:04 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.reload(CraftServer.java:339)
    11:10:04 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap$ReloadCommand.execute(SimpleCommandMap.java:247)
    11:10:04 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.command.SimpleCommandMap.dispatch(SimpleCommandMap.java:128)
    11:10:04 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.dispatchCommand(CraftServer.java:273)
    11:10:04 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.b(MinecraftServer.java:430)
    11:10:04 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.h(MinecraftServer.java:415)
    11:10:04 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:311)
    11:10:04 [SEVERE]     at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:422)
    11:10:04 [INFO] [Graveyard] Loading: OZ4RK & Rage's Minecraft Server/Capital City - Business District: 295.53125, 75.0, 60.375
    11:10:04 [INFO] [Graveyard] Loading: OZ4RK & Rage's Minecraft Server/Northwest Territory: -171.75, 66.0, -313.0625
    11:10:04 [INFO] [Graveyard] Loading: OZ4RK & Rage's Minecraft Server/SPAWN: 206.87168337494103, 72.0, 20.718140409865708
    11:10:04 [INFO] [Graveyard] Loading: OZ4RK & Rage's Minecraft Server/Winter Village: 661.9902032073436, 79.0, 166.49748391207476
    11:10:04 [INFO] [Graveyard] Permissions plugin detected. Using permissions.
    11:10:04 [INFO] [Graveyard] v0.3.6 loaded successfully!

27. Offline

compgurusteve

I love the concept of this plugin. Probably not going to add it until multi-world support is implemented though, since my server heavily relies on it. I would also like to post a suggestion: is there anyway you could include a configurable option to allow a certain radius around each spawn point to be PvP protected? And/or can you allow PvP to be disabled for a configurable amount of time upon respawn?

28. Offline

dak393

I think temporary immunity would be more likely but if you want areas where pvp is disabled just use worldguard (link in sig)

compgurusteve likes this.
  29. Offline

compgurusteve

Yeah, I'd have to agree with you more now, WG has everything you need really...implementing the zoned protections would be redundant.

30. Offline

Nek

Thanks ! But i'm waiting for "Ability to set permissions for individual spawn points." ^^

31. Offline

wbird

Hello, McSpazzy!
    That will be really nice, if this plugin supports MultiHome [http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/tp...iple-personal-named-home-locations-953.10959/], namely the HomeOnDeath function.

I've got MultiHome 0.9.7 on my server. Unless someone doesn't chose one's "default home position" (that is /sethome command without any parameters), he/she will respawn to the default server respawn place. But when a player enters /sethome, his/her default home position becomes to be a default player's respawn location, too.

But since I added Graveyard plugin, MultiHome's HomeOnDeath function is being ignored. :( I mean it now doesn't metter whether a player has a default home position or not, he or she respawns in Graveyard's location.

Could you add a check, please: IF a plugin MultyHome is installed, and IF a HomeOnDeath function is on, and IF a player has a default home position, THEN respawn a player into his/her default home location (or just not to do anything at all, let MultyHome do it by itself). (or something like that :))

Anyway your plugin is nice. Gotta pie [cake]. ;)

Sincerely, Wbird.