[MECH] SecretDoors v0.2 - Create secret doors for hiding your stash! [670 - 803]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by MrChick, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Offline

MrChick

I'll have to think about that, but sounds more like a new plugin.

2. Offline

paard

BUG: if u open the door by lever of button or what ever, the blocks dont disappear. it only works when u open door by hand. can you please fix this?? cause the door gets a lot of more features when able to control by levers and stuff, like a controlable waterflow. great plugin btw.

3. Offline

MrChick

That's not a bug. It's just not how it's intended to be used.
    But yes, as stated before, I'll take a look at redstone-stuff... I just don't promise anything.

4. Offline

Dr_Herbalist

The best think you could add right now is permission support.
    My players use LWC to lock their doors, using this plugin they can put a block infront of someones to to force it open.
    Id prefer a permission node so anyone can't create them. Thanks.

P.S. Me and my players love the plugin.

Other problem is that double door glitch where it gets rid of your wall.

possibly a command used on the blocks/doors to select it, so it doesnt do it with all. then you can add permission node to that.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2016
  5. Offline

ShockBuddy

Its another, funny looking Plugin, i think i can use it to add a SECRET Portal to my Warp Room! :D
    Let me think... [diamond][diamond][diamond][diamond][diamondblock], dont try to eat!

Keeb the work up, Please XD

6. Offline

MrChick

All of those who had a problem with walls disappearing without using double doors:
    Make sure that the hinges of the door are on the left side (when looked at from the front and the door being left from a wall), mirror that for the door being right of a wall.. You might need to put a block to the next to the door before placing it so the hinges get placed there, you can remove that block afterwards.

You might want to take a look at those screenshots (open)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I'm working on the other bugs, so hang in there :)

7. Offline

Dr_Herbalist

Cheers, I know how to set it up without it breaking walls but my players with pre-existing houses are confused. Also some of my players just don't understand.

8. Offline

TopMass

Hi love the plugin, just here to report a bug, I've taken the liberty of making a video example so you can see what I mean

Please fix this as my users love the plugin but hate this bug. Other then that I don't really feel the need for much other features the basic hidden door is great.

9. Offline

Dr_Herbalist

@TopMass
    My members get this also.

10. Offline

TopMass

@Dr_Herbalist yes and following his instructions keeping hinges to the left does fix this however it does not look natural as when both doors are open it is like there is a door in the middle

11. Offline

MrChick

@TopMass and @Dr_Herbalist yes, this is the dual door glitch mentioned in the todo list. I'm at it right now.
    Keeping the hinges to the opposite site of the wall was for the people having their doors right at the corner.
    Thanks for making the video though :)

@Avous most of the stuff is already mentioned earlier in this thread and already on the todo-list. Thanks for testing, but next time please read the thread or at least the todo list please ;)

12. Offline

TopMass

Thanks for putting the time in @MrChick awesome plugin looking forward to the fix!

13. Offline

Dr_Herbalist

@MrChick I know, I was hoping by mentioning I'm having this problem he would read my above post and your response.
    Cant wait for permission support or even a command based adding system.
    I know its a lot of work though.

14. Offline

MrChick

As mentioned before, I'll add permissions support just for using secret doors, not for creating them. At least not in a foreseeable time. Same goes for commands.

15. Offline

Dr_Herbalist

Okay.
    Just the problem I brought up earlier about using it to bypass LWC protection kinda sucks but its your plugin, ill find a workaround.

16. Offline

MrChick

The LWC-thing I'll take a look at. Just not the rest ;)

17. Offline

Dr_Herbalist

Cool, I don't care much for the rest, just don't want this to be exploited.

18. Offline

RazorFlint

19. Offline

Dr_Herbalist

20. Offline

MrChick

Nope, didn't have time to do it today. Tomorrow or the day after. Sorry for the long waiting times, but I've got other stuff to do, too ;)

Edit:
    Alright guys, v0.2 is out. See changelog in the OP for the changes I've made.
    I hope I didn't miss anything, if I promised you something and it's neither in the changelog nor on the todo list feel free to remind me of it.

21. Offline

Nekhanimal

22. Offline

overlordror

Hey there, just wanted to say thanks for the fast update. Does this new version fix the problem where blocks next to a "real" door sometimes disappear if the door is hit in a certain way? I read your changelog but didn't find any mention of that fix.

23. Offline

MrChick

They shouldn't if the door is placed the right way as mentioned a couple of posts above on page 2 I think.

24. Offline

Dr_Herbalist

@MrChick I really like this new version, thanks.

25. Offline

Conan1981

Could you combine that with a pressure plate ? that would keep the secret after entering / leaving ...
    awesome job ;-)

26. Offline

MrChick

I'm sure I could do that somehow, but seriously... the player already gets a message that he should close the door.
    I'd actually prefer to use some time based automatics to close the door... so like you open it, and after a configurable ammount of time it automatically closes if not done by the player before.

27. Offline

bzb

28. Offline

MrChick

29. Offline

bzb

Thanks, I love your plugin!

30. Offline

RobotGymnast

Can we try it with iron AND wooden doors? One or the other seems unflexible..