[MECH] Safe Creeper - Control creepers, Enderman, TNT, Fireballs and more!

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Tim Visee, Jul 8, 2011.

1. Offline

Tim Visee

[​IMG]
    The Safe Creeper project page has been moved. Go to one of the two pages bellow to get to the Safe Creeper project page, with the newest download available:​
    You can view the orriginal page in the spoiler bellow. It's highly recommended to visit one of the above sites, to view the up-to-date pages.
    Orriginal Page (open)

InstallationBasicsAdd-ons and Support
    DownloadsCommandsSupported Plugins
    Direct downloadPermissionsAdd-ons
    InstallationConfig
    MoreDevelopmentSupport
    Bugs & IssuesAPIDonate
    ChangelogSource
    Statics

What is Safe Creeper
    Control creepers, Withers, EnderDragons, Enderman, TNT, Fireballs and a lot more!
    With Safe Creeper you can control creeper explosions and other things like, fireballs, TNT, Enderman and a lot of other things, you can set if a creeper explosions destroys blocks. You can set if Zombie's can break down doors. You can also set a lot of other things, the possibilities are almost endless! A few other examples are that you can set up if players are able to use TNT blocks, if creepers will explode above the surface and underneath they wont, set if Enderman can place and break blocks, even if they can clone blocks, explosion sounds, smoke effects and a lot of more things. The plugins is fully configurable and it has multi world support. This is a must have for most server administrators.

Example Video
    This is an video witch explains the config file system of an older version of Safe Creeper, it should work very similair with the current version. This video also shows you some features from Safe Creeper:

Features
    This is a small list of features witch Safe Creeper can provide for your server. If you want to see the full list, and a list of planned features, visit this page: Page: Features
    • Added auto updater, to automaticly install new updates!
    • Added new, more stable, update checking system.
    • Added ability to 'Spawning.ZombieType' to make giants spawn in the ZombieControl.
    • Added 'CanCreateSnow' to the SnowmanControl to disable the Snowman from creating snowlayers.
    • Added feature to make mobs drop skulls inside 'CustomDrops.Skulls', players can drop their own head too. (Available for CreeperControl)
    • Added 'AlwaysAngry' to the PigZombie control
    • Added auto updater settings to config file to disable auto updates, notifications or update checks.
    • PlayerControl, SkeletonControl and ZombieControl)
    • Updated LikeABoss usage methods.
    • Changed default values for 'CanPickupItems' to false for most mob controls.
    • Fixed world config files not converting properly.
    • Fixed live statics returning wrong values.
    • Fixed issue in the config core which caused equipment don't work properly.
    • Fixed withers breaking stuff when they are stuck when DestroyWorld was disabled.
    • Fixed live statistics causing the server to crash.
    • Fixed flying blocks from spawning when destroy world was set to false.
    • Fixed errors caused by unknown mob types.
    • Build against Bukkit-1.5.2-R1.0
    Connections to the outside
    Safe Creeper does setup connections to the outside, to other servers than the server Safe Creeper is running on. In the current versions (v1.3.6 and above) Safe Creeper does connect to the following servers; The first connection Safe Creeper sets up is a connection to the update servers of Safe Creeper. This update server is a separated server hosted by timvisee.com (developer of Safe Creeper). The connections to the update servers are made on each start up, and each hour while the plugin is running. These connections can be disabled inside the config file of Safe Creeper underneath the node 'updateChecker'. Because of the update checker and the auto updater Safe Creeper does also setup a connection to dev.bukkit.org to download the newest plugin versions. Other connections are made to the servers of mcstats.org, this is a service Safe Creeper uses to add live statics, like the amount of servers running Safe Creeper, these statics are fully anonymous. Connections to mcstats.org and live statics usage can be disabled inside the Safe Creeper configuration file.

Bugs & Issues
    Please go to the following page to see how to report a bug, this page also contains a list with all known bugs in the current Safe Creeper version.
    Page: Bugs

Donations
    Please donate some money so I can buy some coffee to make better plugins and even update my old ones :) , I really like it if you give any donation! You could go to a donation page using the button bellow or the donate button above the search-box.
    [​IMG]

Valdifer, Mercury, Jeroeny and 3 others like this.
  2. Offline

Tim Visee

3. Offline

Tim Visee

I finally made a tutorial video for Safe Creeper. I'm really sure it will help you out if you have a problem. Please watch the video if you don't know how to setup Safe Creeper.

Royalgamer06 likes this.
  4. Offline

Royalgamer06

nice!

Tim Visee likes this.
  5. Offline

Tim Visee

Thanks. I'll also try to update video's when I release new versions.

6. Offline

Inscrutable

Hi again Tim.
    The new WOLF control feature you added seems to completely block mcMMO's Taming ability.
    Wolf control isn't even enabled in the config, but I can't befriend wolves anywhere with your plugin installed. :(
    It's a great pity, as Safe Creeper is getting to be quite an impressive package (nice work!).
    I am presently testing WorldGuard's creeper-nerfing ability, I will let you know how the explosions effect spout blocks.
    (MC 1.25, CB 2155 & 2156, mcMMO 1.13.05 & 1.3.06 dev660, SpoutPlugin 1110 - 1116, SafeCreeper 1.0.1).

7. Offline

Tim Visee

About the wolves. I also noticed this problem and I already fixed it in the upcomming version. It's just inversed so to fix this problem temporary for you, just enable the control and set 'CanTame' to false to make players able to tame wolves. as I said its just inverted (fail). Make sure that when you update the plugin that you have to set it back.
    Thanks btw for testing and the great support.

8. Offline

Inscrutable

:D Thanks for that, I'll tweak wolf settings and put SafeCreeper back in the mix on next restart.
    By the way, my testing using the latest dev builds of WorldGuard & WorldEdit has revealed that Spout blocks do retain their identity after a nerfed [creeper] explosion. I'll check again with the next SafeCreeper version to be sure it's not just updates in CB and/or SpoutPlugin that make the difference.
    [EDIT - Update: Meh. I must have just been lucky, because the green blastidos are still messing up my white abbey with WG/WE creeper settings nerfed all the way. :( ]

9. Offline

Tim Visee

Ok great. I hope I coudl release the new vesrsion soon.

10. Offline

Ametz

I like version 0.5 better, so i stick to that as long as i can.. The simpler the better..

Tim Visee likes this.
  11. Offline

Tim Visee

Aha I understand. I'll try to add a feature that you could set that you'll use the default global file or a simple global file like 0.5. That would be cool I think :)

12. Offline

ryanjermaine

hey there. i also downloaded the plugin and the most of them works like it should. but i have the same problem like the guy some posts above me. i cant sleep in the night.
    i have the newest craftbukkit and the newest version of safe creeper.
    i also set player on true but it still does not work. is it still not fixed or did i something wrong?

thank you

13. Offline

Tim Visee

It isn't fixed yet, but I'm planned to release the update today or tomorrow. It's already fixed in there.

UPDATE 1.1 - A lot of bugs fixed. Update checker. New commands.
    The new version of Safe Creeper is released. There are a lot of things added, changed and fixed. For example the bug that players aren't able to sleep anymore, or that wolves can't be tamed is fixed.
    There's also an update checker added. Every time Safe Creeper enabled Safe Creeper will check if there's an update available, there's also an command to check this.
    There are new commands added for the configuration files. Now you could easily change settings inside the global and world configuration files in-game with a single command. You could also use this command to read settings from the files thought.
    Now, Safe Creeper will auto generate it's plugin files when they doesn't exists, so now you only have to copy the .jar file into the plugins folder when you install Safe Creeper.
    There are a lot more features added. View the full changelog here: http://www.timvisee.com/projects/bukkit/safe-creeper/changelog/

The global and the world config files aren't changed. You don't have to update them. But please update the config.yml file thought.

The new version has been releaded. For example the bug that players can't sleep and the bug that wolves can't be tamed is fixed.
    http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/me...lls-and-more-1-2-5.25253/page-15#post-1104216

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2016
  14. Offline

ryanjermaine

thank you very much dude :) will check this out now :)

edit: i tested it and it works fine :) now it is for me a must have plugin :) thank you for that

Tim Visee likes this.
  15. Offline

Tim Visee

ryanjermaine likes this.
  16. Offline

Alirat

I have installed Safe Creeper but cannot get it to start up. I watched the video and read through the instructions but no luck. I am using a host that uses Multicraft control panel. The other plugins I am using are Essentials 2.9.1 and World Edit. I don't have a permissions plugin as this server is private for me and a couple of friends. I saw in the video that the config.yml file has some things in (can't see clearly enough to read the writing) but in my config.yml file it says "
    # Config file

# There's currently nothing to set in here, this file will be used later
    "
    So I am guessing that something should be here to get the plugin started? I have checked that the files are in the right place, ie Safe Creeper.jar is in the plugins folder and there is folder in plugins which has config.yml and global.yml and the worlds folder. I am a bit new at (Minecraft server admin) this although not new to handling files in server setting.
    Any idea what I need to do to get this working?

17. Offline

Tim Visee

Ok well the config file seems to be an old one. I suggest to remove the 'Safe Creeper' folder and put the newest version files into the plugins folder of your server. It should startup then. But do you see any error in the console, or is the server stuck loading by any thing?

EDIT: Just another question, have you checked the video on the top of the page which explains how you could install Safe Creeper. It's pretty helpful for most people!

18. Offline

FerrOHShay

Hey um really cool for updating it ;], then i encounter this weird problem. I cant seem to make it work with water buckets. Its working with water blocks though. Do you know why :c?

19. Offline

Tim Visee

Whoops. Well someone told me about this before, I already know how to fix this because I wrote another protection plugin which had the same problem. But I accedently forgot to fix it in here. It should be fixed in the next update then.

20. Offline

Emiya Shirou

- safecreeper.bypass.LavaControl.CanPlaceLava
    Doesn't working :/ I got lava placement to false, then this as bypass and it doesn't work :/

TNT place and destroy works just fine.

21. Offline

Tim Visee

OK thanks for noting. I'll check this out.

Emiya Shirou likes this.
  22. Offline

Emiya Shirou

In the player group when you enable it and disallow creating Nether Portal, player can still create them. So this doesn't work as well.

Tim Visee likes this.
  23. Offline

Tim Visee

Thanks again, strange I didn't noticed those problems before :confused:

Emiya Shirou likes this.
  24. Offline

Emiya Shirou

Sometimes they just appear out of nowhere ;)
    Since I've encountered them, I'm reporting. I wanted to use those functions but bleh, they said "Nope, won't work."

Btw. your plugin is amazing, I love how I can restrict tnt usage to certain higher classes (like we have the lowest newbies class that can't use tnt but every other higher one can) or like how you can make that creepers explode and do theirs stuff but don't destroy terrain ^^
    It's really great ^^

Tim Visee likes this.
  25. Offline

Tim Visee

Thanks a lot for the cool feedback! :cool:

Emiya Shirou likes this.
  26. Offline

Rampoo1208

I liked the old version, when the creepers exploded, it would wait like a min then the blocks would start re-appearing 1 by 1
    I was wondering if you could make it like that again? it was really cool and i liked it

27. Offline

Tim Visee

Haha, I do think you understood something wrong. This feature never exists, but if you want I'll try to add this feature.

28. Offline

Royalgamer06

Yes that would be awesome!

29. Offline

Tim Visee

Ok, like I said I'll give this a try. But you have to know I have to finish my other (World Portal) plugin first.

Royalgamer06 likes this.
  30. Offline

Royalgamer06

Ok, but does it support other explosion preventers (like Essentials)?

31. Offline

Tim Visee

I don't fully understand your question. But you probably mean this. Essentials blocks some explosions right now right? Safe Creeper will be able to block the explosions which are blocked with essentials before, but the essentials explosion blocker have to be disable then. Then Safe Creeper will fully take over the Explosion control and it will rebuild the explosion with the upcomming feature. But I'm sure that's even better because Safe Creeper has better explosion control
    Or did you asked if Safe Creeper will block these costum explosions made by Essentials and rebuild them? The answer is yes, that's also going to be available.

Royalgamer06 likes this.