[MECH/RPG] DragonTravel Phoenix v0.0.0.17 - Be a Dragon-Rider! [1.7.10-R0.1]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Phiwa, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Offline

Phiwa

[​IMG]

[​IMG]|[​IMG]|[​IMG]

Visit DragonTravel on BukkitDev!

Description:
    DragonTravel gives players the opportunity to ride dragons in Minecraft.
    It offers server-admins the possibility to add a new outstanding way of travel to their RPG-servers.

[​IMG]

Features:
    • Allows admins to set destinations for the dragons.
    • Allows players with the specific permission to summon and mount a dragon and...
      ...fly flights which consists out of waypoints(as many as you like)
      ...fly to destinations which have been set by an admin before.
      ...fly to coordinates chosen via command.
      ...fly to players choosen via command(different permission-nodes for other types of travel).
      ...fly to a home-position which has been set by this player earlier.
    • Spout-support
      -> Nice GUI for creating stations/destination or travelling via Spout/SpoutCraft.
      -> Music which gets played when travelling.
    • Allows admins to set stations and limit the mounting of dragons to these locations (or a specified radius around it).
    • Possibility to require a special item for players to use the plugin (e.g. a dragon-egg)
    • Making signs which automatically mount a player and bringthem to the written destination on the sign.
    • Permissions-Support (SuperPerms only!)
    • Support of all Economy-Plugins supported by Vault (Vault is required for that)!
      Admins can set different prices for all ways of travel!
    • Admins can choose in the config whether dragons of this plugin should destroy blocks or if any dragons should break blocks when touching.
    • All messages are fully customizable! Default messages.yml is English, but we provide other language-files in our wiki.
    Everything which isn't answered here will be answered on the BukkitDev-page, we simply can't manage to keep several pages up-to-date. This page was out-of-date for about six months until I remembered to put this note here.

Commands, Permissions, Videos, Screenshots, etc. can be found on the BukkitDev-page or in our wiki (link is on the BukkitDev-page as well).

2. Offline

Nuinbot

Few ideas on this plugin, and something I would definitely like to see incorporated...
    • Ensure that dragons cannot destroy blocks.
    • NPC (Steve/Villager) can act as a flight coordinator.
    • Right-clicking on the NPC for the first time will add that NPC's location to the player file.
    • When the player has at least two locations visited, the player can "talk" with the NPC again, where the NPC will print a list to the player of the available destinations that a path has been created for.
    • The user then types /flight <location> while within 4 blocks proximity to the NPC, where they will be mounted on a dragon and travel to the destination.
    • A player CANNOT dismount a dragon while in mid-flight.
    • A player will be charged per flight a certain amount (using iConomy or BOSEconomy, Vault compatibility?)
    Perhaps the admin can designate the flight path via commands while in creative mode...
    • /flightpath npc <waypoint> - Creates an NPC where you are standing for the waypoint desired.
    • /flightpath create <source> <destination> - This starts the two-way flightpath recording sequence, where points now must be created between the NPCs.
    • /addpoint - This adds the current x,y,z point to the flightpath.
    • /flightpath finish - This completes the flightpath between two waypoints.
    • /flightpath delete <source> <destination> - This will delete a specific two-way path.
    • /flightpath speed <number> - This will determine the speeds for all flightpaths in blocks per second. This can be adjusted by an admin in flight to determine what is an acceptable speed.
    Example:

An admin has two waypoints created, "Spawn" and "Home". He goes to Spawn and types /flightpath create Spawn Home. Then flying in creative mode, he creates a path, noting 5 points to follow via /addpoint. When he reaches Home, he types /flightpath finish.

A player can then go up to the Home NPC and type /flightpath Spawn, where he will mount a dragon and enjoy a scenic flight back to Spawn. Since the path was created between these two waypoints, the direction the dragon travels is simply reversed, like this...

Spawn -> 1 -> 2 -> 3 -> 4 -> 5 -> Home
    Home -> 5 -> 4 -> 3 -> 2 -> 1 -> Spawn

3. Offline

Mercury

Plugin is not supposed to work with #1772 and up ?

4. Offline

Phiwa

Mercury:
    Should work, but we didn't test it yet...
    Did you test it? If it does not work, please tell us.

5. Offline

dxwarlock

Dropped into the plugins, the old one threw no errors, this one on a startup gives me this:
    I've tried deleting the config, making config with old one..and then starting this one. nothing seems to help it.

Code:
    02:52:28 [SEVERE] Error occurred while enabling DragonTravel v1.0 (Is it up to d
    ate?): TheEnd.DragonTravel.DragonTravelMain.saveDefaultConfig()V
    java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: TheEnd.DragonTravel.DragonTravelMain.saveDefaultCon
    fig()V
            at TheEnd.DragonTravel.DragonTravelMain.loadConfig(DragonTravelMain.java
    :165)
            at TheEnd.DragonTravel.DragonTravelMain.onEnable(DragonTravelMain.java:1
    08)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPlugin.setEnabled(JavaPlugin.java:188)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.enablePlugin(JavaPluginLoader
    .java:968)
            at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.enablePlugin(SimplePluginManage
    r.java:280)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugin(CraftServer.java:186)
            at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.enablePlugins(CraftServer.java:169
    )
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.t(MinecraftServer.java:348)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.a(MinecraftServer.java:335)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:165)
            at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:399)
            at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)

6. Offline

Smex

You have to use a more recent craftbukkit build, takeone from there for MC 1.1:
    http://repo.bukkit.org/content/groups/repo/org/bukkit/craftbukkit/1.1-R1-SNAPSHOT/

Phiwa add "+1700" as build for the plugin, the latest RB does not contain saveDefaultConfig() method.

7. Offline

dxwarlock

ahh ok, good deal :)
    Ill test it out on my test server with 1.1 bukkit. thank for the heads up.
    waiting on a few plugins on the live before moving.

8. Offline

Phiwa

Smex Fixed

We got a video!

Thanks to Samkio we now got a video of how to use DragonTravel!
    Big thanks to Samkio for creating it!

Lextao, Aetherspawn: Here it is. ;)

Nuinbot

Your points 1, 6 and 7 are already included.
    The other points in the first paragraph could be achieved in a similar way by using Citizens and let the NPCs use a certain command as the player, e.g. /dt mount.
    I think that is possible in Citizens (or was it another similar plugin?).

We might include NPCs later, but first of all we want to incorporate some other things. ;)
    The thing about the flight-path is something we already had in mind, but we have to think about it again. I hope to be able to add that soon.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 21, 2016
  9. Offline

Lextao

Ok, I love this plugin!! I'm going to use it in combination with VoxelVoyage to give my users the ultimate dragon-riding experience!! Thank you sir!

EDIT: I would love to see waypoints in the next updates, as I see in the video the dragon goes trough a mountain.

10. Offline

Phiwa

Simply set the travel-height to 128... ;)

Waypoints are one of the features we already have in mind.

11. Offline

animalkid5679

Looks amazing

12. Offline

simphax

Now, since its possible to travel to any coordinate, how hard could it be to add the ability to manually control the dragon? Just fly to whatever coordinate the player looks at (only when right clicking or so). If its possible, please think about it in a future version :) Is the source available anywhere?

13. Offline

Smex

Use the plugin of our friend V10lator, it does exactly what you want:
    http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/ridethadragon/

The source is available on our BukkitDEV thread.

14. Offline

Phiwa

The source can be downloaded via link on BukkitDev.
    "Controlling" the dragon is not really what is the intention of this plugin...

It would be possible for us and I think I have the code in mind already, but like I said: That is not what DT was started to be...
    Use V10lator's "RideThaDragon" for that.

15. Code:

2012-01-18 19:52:02 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\DragonTravel.jar' in folder 'plugins':
    java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: TheEnd/DragonTravel/DragonTravelMain : Unsupported major.minor version 51.0
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:36)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:24)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
    at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:170)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:215)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:136)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:151)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:127)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:52)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:145)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:399)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:457)

i get this? i just downloaded it first time :D
    using bukkit R1

EDIT:
    downloaded the other .jar and it works

EDIT2:

Downloaded and tested , it wont work. I made station, i made destination where to go from the station. I go /dt mount -> it says mount dragon & then i fall down to bedrock level and i dismount... wtf?

16. Offline

Phiwa

Try to Download-link under the banner, the latest version in the Files-list contains a bug, the correct version is already uploaded, but needs approval by the BukkitDev-staff before oyu can download it.

17. Offline

Smex

Here: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/37237580/DragonTravel.jar

18. Offline

Phiwa

Newest version has been approved, so please download from BukkitDev.

19. Offline

GamersLegion

Need help with plugin its installed but when i set a station it doesn't show up in list and when i try to go to the station i set it wont let me either

20. Offline

Smex

• You have to set first "UseStation" in the configuration to "true", and the list command
      shows you available destinations, not stations.

21. Offline

GamersLegion

I already set use stations and when i type in /dt travel city it doesn't work am i doing something wrong?

22. Offline

Smex

did you set the destination?

Stations = location where someone can mount a dragon
    Destination = location where someone who is mounted can fly to.

What you do is:
    set a station with /dt setstat <name>, than you make somewhere else
    a destination with /dt setdest <name>, than you can go to the station and use /dt mount,
    to mount the dragon and than /dt travel <destination>, in which <destination>=<name>
    of the setdest command.

23. Offline

GamersLegion

yes i did that but it doesn't recoginize my command i set up 2 stations

/dt setstat cit and /dt setstat island
    but when i try to use /dt travel either city or island it says the destination does not exist. Then when i try to create the destination and stations again it says their already made

K so i re set it up and its working now but the reason it seems to be working is because i dont have 2 stations i removed city station and made it a dest but now i cant use it as a station to go back to island any ideas?

24. Offline

Smex

/dt setSTAT = Set station, /dt setDEST = Set destination.

25. Offline

rooligan

This plugin doesn't work with me! i restarted the server twice to install but i get the mesage "unknown command." Did i instal it wrong or is this a bug??

26. Offline

Phiwa

rooligan: Do you get an error-message on startup? If you do, please post it. If it is this one, you need to update Java on your server because DragonTravel requires Java1.7 and your server might only have Java1.6 installed...

27. Offline

rooligan

Ok, where can i download yava 1.7?

28. Offline

Phiwa

Here, but you need advanced access to the server, if you rent a gameserver at a gameserver-hosting company you need to ask your hoster to update Java because you won't be able to update Java in this case.

29. Offline

Smex

Alright, DragonTravel is now Java 6 compatibel.(ye it was not..)

DOWNLOAD DragonTravel Beta 1.0 REV5

30. Offline

Dragon_Gold

You should like update this and make the dragon controllable. :D

31. Offline

Smidds

Huh... well cool beans :cool:
    Looks like this'll make some adventure maps and areas look pretty amazing! Continue the good work Phiwa !