[MECH/RPG] CursedLands v0.2 - Hell is infecting the Earth!

Discussion in 'WIP and Development Status' started by Exote, Jun 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Exote

CursedLands - Hell is infecting the Earth!:
    Version: v0.2

Long have I been suspicious of Mobspawners, there is something unnatural or other-worldly about them. We have all seen them. They spit mobs at us, warping them in from hell. But this time around things were different, Hell itself seems to be following the mobs through these little rifts between our worlds...

Mobspawners and netherrack will convert everything (except some blocks) around them over time. Oh and the netherrack will set you on fire if you walk on it...

Features
    • Netherrack spreads over time
    • Mobspawners generate netherrack around them
    • Netherrack burns to walk on
    • Netherrack sets fire to trees and wool
    • Push back netherrack with seeds
    Download CursedLands v0.2

Setup
    Well to start with you run around a bit until you find a nice area you want to infect. We will need to map out the boundaries that the curse can spread to. To do this run to one corner of the square and type:

Code:
    /setcurse 1
    And as expected run to the opposite corner and type:

Code:
    /setcurse 2
    Once you are happy with the area you have selected, and keep in mind that it will occupy the entire vertical space between the two selected points, type:

Code:
    /createcurse [cursename]
    And the curse is ready to attack...
    To set it going, place a mobspawner somewhere (or just some netherrack), and sit back and watch it spread over everything.

Permissions
    • - cursedlands.create (create new curse zones)
    • - cursedlands.remove (remove curse zones)
    Settings
    There are a couple of settings in the config.yml file:
    • CurseDelay - the delay in seconds for each step of the spread
    • SpreadPercentage - probability that a block will spread to the adjacent
    • NetherIgnitesPlayer - Does netherrack burn to stand on (only inside the curse areas)
    • NetherrackBurnsMaterials - Whether netherrack sets fire to wool or logs that it touches (inside curse area)
    The general idea is for people to try and defend and expand their base. netherrack can be converted back into normal materials with the use of seeds. When you use seeds on the netherrack it will turn back into dirt, stone iron ore or gold ore (based on probability).

The use of this plugin along side other plugins such as worldedit/worldguard and mobbounty could result in some interesting gameplay. Use worldedit/guard to select an area, and save it, so it can be rolled back after the game is over (time limit/everyone dead) then use some method of counting the number of mob kills etc.

Just some ideas. I would love to hear if anyone has any interest in this kind of plugin. And let me know what else is needed.

Changelog:
    Version 0.2
    • Added basic permissions
    • Netherrack burns trees and wool
    • Fixed seeds not being used bug
    • Able to remove curse areas
    Current Work:
    • Testing the amount of extra load it puts on server (could use other testers)
    • Testing multiworld
    • Adding more variables to config.yml file
    Feel free to give it a go.
    Download CursedLands v0.2

2. Offline

Dominic

This sounds like a lot of fun! Just one question though...would it be hard to make an option for the player to just define a radius in which the infection can spread? For example:

/curseradius 60
    then
    /createcurse RAWR

Would make it easier for some situations!
    Thank you!

3. Offline

Pencil

Sounds kewl! I have plans for an Evil faction on my server that home in the nether, it would be crazy if i added that as one of their abilities! Like going into the normal world and corrupting it ;D

4. Offline

elexier909

I am looking for somthing like this.

Would like something that simply has netherrack (or other block) turn otherblocks into netherrack (or other block).

With options for what blocks netherack can turn into netherrack

sommin like

turn cobblestone true
    turn stone true
    turn mossycobble false

And a way of controlling the speed of the spread.

Thats pretty much it,

Just a few idea's

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.