[MECH/RP] AutoSneak 1.8 - The Auto Sneak plugin to hide your name! [BukkitDev]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by manniL, Mar 11, 2012.

1. Look at BukkitDev!

AutoSneak- The Auto Sneak plugin to hide your name!

AutoSneak allows players to persistently turn on "sneaking", making them appear to other players to be crouching and making their name transparent. I'll carry this plugin upĀ²date, because HeroSneak is abandoned.

Features
    • Type /sneak to hide your name while still moving at full speed!
    • Optionally specify a duration (in seconds) for how long the sneak should last, and a cooldown (in seconds) to prevent casting /sneak again too soon!
    • Grant Autosneak permission to sneak automatically on login - great for maintaining stealth even through a disconnect!
    • Support for Permissions plugin, defining your own list of players or just using Server Ops
    • Doesn't interfere with the Minecraft sneak mechanic, which still allows players to slow their movement speed and not fall!
    Installation

1. Download latest .ZIP archive from the link at the top
    2. Extract the archive into your plugins directory
    3. Open /plugins/AutoSneak/config.yml and configure to taste
    4. Save configuration file and reload your server
    Configuration

config.yml
    The config file contains default messages (use "&#" notation to define colors), options, and designated players to use sneak/autosneak (if not using the Permissions plugin).

This file is saved in the YAML format, so please be sure to maintain the formatting and change only the element values. It will be created automatically with default values if it doesn't exist.

Configuration Example:
    Code:
    ##Set colors with &[0-F], so &7 would be grey
    sneakOff: '&5You are no longer sneaking.'
    sneakCooldown: '&4You must wait <time> seconds before you may sneak again.'
    options:
    timers:
    duration: 0
    cooldown: 0
    refresh: 5
    opsAutoSneak: false

Permissions
    autosneak.sneak (Use /sneak to toggle sneaking status)
    autosneak.auto (Sneak will automatically be set on login)
    autoosneak.exempt (User is exempt from cooldown/duration)

kahlilnc likes this.
  2. Offline

md_5

manniL likes this.
  3. v1.1 is out now and should fully work.

4. #ReRelease (New name & permission-nodes)

5. Offline

JosephJames02

Is this going to be released for 1.2.3 any time soon?

6. Offline

kahlilnc

7. It is already! Please choose a recent file and look which versions it supports ;)

8. Offline

Matthiaswagg

Supposedly you need to start updating AutoSneak for 1.2.3 R5. Just telling you.
    Great mod though. Perfect for factions and wars and... lotsa stuff. Cutos to you!

onemoreblock likes this.
  9. Offline

imatrollly

yup, pleaaaassseeeeee update :D

10. Offline

akiraic

if the players are near each other, the name appears? because ...
    no names = WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?:eek:
    And anything about next update?

11. Updated!

Also the name is only hidden behind an obstacle.

12. Offline

PsycoRevolution

I'm planning out a Minecraft series for my youtube channel and your plugin is just what I need. But I have one question:

Would it be possible to make it so that your character doesn't do the sneak animation?

I want to have the Autosneak active for all players all the time, but I don't want everyone to be bent over the whole video...

13. Offline

Archit

What do I have to do in the config file so that everyone on my server can use /sneak?
    At the moment when I am using the default config file setup, no one can use /sneak and when you type it in nothing happens. What do I do?

14. explanations on BukkitDev ;)

BTW: # updated

15. Really nice Plugin!
    Maybe you could add a zone feature, so that the names are hidden in these areas (e.g. PVP-Arenas).

16. Offline

DinoScope

Will this bypass AntiCheat? And also, will they be able to use the commands on other players?

17. Offline

_5er_

I cant get auto sneak 2 work. When I type /sneak nothing happens, there is no sneak message, no error and I am not sneaking. Server loads plugin correctly.

Do I need to setup/modify config.yml or permissions.yml in order to make this plugin work or shuld this work "our of the box"?

18. Offline

MurderBear

Whenever I want to stop sneaking, I type /sneak again, but it says "You are no longer sneaking. You are now sneaking." halp?

19. Offline

stfupls

Seems cool so if u type /sneak your name is hidded and you walk on full speed..

Question: if you walk on full speed you sneak on full speed, or walk with full speed?

20. Offline

giuliocame

What version are you using? I can't get it work with 1.2.5 R3.0! It doesn't say that cmd doesn't exist not it works! Any help? Thanks!

21. Offline

PureStunts

Does this work with 1.3.1-R2.0?
    I tried it but when I type /sneak, there is no notification.

22. md_5 New AutoSneak version has uploaded @DBO
    This plugin is active again ;)