Inactive [MECH] PailStone v4.0 - A redstone extension [2034]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Hafnium, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Offline

Hafnium

Eonz PailStone
    A Redstone Extension

Version: v4.0 (download)

Permissions: Any

Do you like this plugin? Help a poor student out, and toss me a few bucks!
    [​IMG]

New version control setup coming soon.​

Features:
    • :logic IC signs to simplify redstone logic gates and save space.
    • :logged IC detect if a player is in the world.
    • :item IC spawns item drops.
    • :ctime IC signs to check the time.
    • :send and :recv transmit signals wirelessly.
    • :sensor senses players withing a certain area.
    • :spawn IC spawns mobs.
    • :cuboid IC changes up to 100 blocks at a time
    • :bolt IC to spawn lightning
    • :disp IC to send you text from anywhere when redstone power is applied!
    • :announce IC to display messages to everyone in an area.
    • :trigger IC to turn on redstone power from anywhere.
    • :cweather IC to sense the weather conditions.
    And MORE! Full List

Changelog:

4.0:
    • Major overhaul of all systems.
    • Some significant syntax changes.
    3.8:
    • Added :area
    • Added /ps area
    • Added :arrow
    • Added :teleport
    • Added /ps coord
    • Added pulse
    • Permissions Overhaul

• Added :click and :count.
    • Added support for PermissionsEx and Bukkit permissions.
    • Made PermissionsEx the default choice for permissions.
    Old Changelog (open)

• Added :delay, :toggle, :clock, :rand
    • Fixed minor errors in text prompts
    • Added :item, :logged
    • Added config file
    • Added sign wipe protection to combat standing bugs in vanilla minecraft (toggleable in config)
    • Added variable cuboid limit, settable in config.
    • (3.4.1) Fixed error when triggering :trigger signs from console.
    • Fixed bug with a single input not working when extra inputs were wired.
    • Fixed bug where signs with blank lines would not always load.
    • Optimization.
    • Added :cweather
    • Added data values to :cuboid
    • Fixed bug where :send signs fired in rapid succession would not always trigger their :recv signs.
    • Added :disp
    • Added :announce
    • Added :trigger (previously :command)
    • Bugfixes (Thanks, Ollieboy)
    • Total rewrite. New release.
    • Various bug fixes.
    • Signs names, not arguments, are now colored.
    • Updated for 602.
    • Fixed major bug in the :cuboid IC regarding build limits. (Thanks to kenohki for pointing it out)
    • Added :twire IC to detect players in cuboid areas.
    • Started work on IC scripting language. (Unreleased)
    • :spawn IC
    • :cuboid IC
    • Updated to 556 to capitalize on the chunk ghosting glitch fix. The chunk ghosting glitch was causing spontaneous sign unloading.
    • Various bug fixes.
    • Pulled all code onto the main thread to stop concurrency errors.
    • Fixed a major bug that caused signs to sometimes spontaneously unload.
    • Fixed proximity's sensor range bug
    • Temporary bugfix for levers not triggering signs. (This is a craftbukkit problem. I put in a hacky solution)
    • Added config file.
    • Added ability to set data values of blocks with :set (fourth line)
    • Updated for CraftBukkit 531
    • Removed reference to Block.getRawData()
    • Updated for CraftBukkit 527
    • Redid backend entirely.
    • Added : proximity
    • Added :send and :recv
    • Removed (maybe temporarily) : players
    • Major bugfix.
    • Added :command
    • Minor bugfixes to :set.
    • General bug fixes.
    • Added players sign.
    • Major bugfix. (Thanks GagaPeter)
    • Added :rand sign.
    • Modified the :disp sign.
    • Added support for Permissions 2.5+
    • Added :set
    • A few bug fixes.
    • Fixed a bug that broke :ctime signs in some cases.
    • Auto-toggling ICs now fix their output levers if a player flips it.
    • Fixed code that still referred to the plugin by its old name.
    • Added support for automatically toggling signs.
    • Added :ctime and :logged
    • First Public release.
    • Added :logic and :disp

sinkir and furekusu like this.
  2. Offline

Ambedrake

ok wool colors and other data values on the cuboid one, it doesn't seem to work, did you implement this or am I missing something on the formatting?

3. Offline

Bobbertly

Any way you could increase the cuboid's selection range?

4. Offline

RenagadeX

Building on what Bobbertly said, could it be possible to customize the range? Also, I noticed it doesn't work cross-world. Or maybe I just did it wrong when I tried.

Also, my :TRIGGER signs don't work with my permissions groups. I typed in &Admins (my global admin group) on the third line and I couldn't get it to flip. That might be because I installed Permissions after Pailstone, or becuase I'm dumb and it doesn't use the permissions plugin.

Two requests, if I haven't wasted enough of your time:

Could you add a wait IC? Something like :WAIT
    <no of ticks>

And could the :TRIGGER IC have the possibility of being a throw? So, you could turn it off by putting an input into the sign, or specify a wait in the sign. Basically, I'd like it to turn on then off again with the command, instead of just toggling.

5. Offline

Goomboss

Show Spoiler
    a simple pic of how to get input into the signs would be soooo welcome

also great plugin ^^ love the things I got to work.

main issue is I dont seem to be able to get the input signal into the sign, redstone trail to it seems to fail
    format: - redstone = sign # block \ lever

-=#(sticking out above ground)\
    or side view:

_=#\ (air like 10 spaces)=#\____

signs are attached to the blocks

seems I got it to work but had to build redstone from the sign not to it (output-input of the wire)

6. Offline

shell64

i have installed this plugin on my server, i am testing all offered possibilities, and this is an amazing plugin, i love, just keep it up-to-date!

7. Offline

RelayerDuos

Every time I place a :TRIGGER sign I get this error on the console on build 953

14:17:05 [INFO] [PailStone] RelayerDuos created a sign of type TRIGGER.
    14:17:05 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at -26, 91, -34 with reason:
    Sign was either gone or had different text.

this happens immediately every time

8. Offline

RenagadeX

That happened the first time I ran the plugin. I shut my server down and started it up again, and it worked...

9. Offline

shell64

Hi, i loose randomly my sign, i use the build#956

i do:
    |:SEND
    |test1
    |vincent
    |

|:RECV
    |test1
    |vincent
    |

after some server reboot, disconnecting player, my sign are white.
    my logs:
    2011-07-04 21:12:23 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at -240, 64, -44 with reason:

2011-07-04 21:22:45 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at -611, 65, 490 with reason:

2011-07-04 23:56:32 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at -231, 64, -47 with reason:
    2011-07-04 23:56:32 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at -239, 64, -37 with reason:
    2011-07-04 23:56:32 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at -228, 64, -47 with reason:
    2011-07-04 23:56:32 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at -237, 64, -46 with reason:
    2011-07-04 23:56:32 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at -236, 64, -44 with reason:
    2011-07-04 23:56:32 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at -239, 65, -37 with reason:
    2011-07-04 23:56:32 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at -236, 64, -56 with reason:

i have a lot of this in stock :\

EDIT: it's not a bug of plugin, if you have this bug go to this thread : http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/signs-being-erased-in-random-chunks.24681/

10. Offline

Hafnium

Updated to the latest RB along with some major bug fixes. Please do not hesitate to send bug reports my way.

11. Offline

shell64

2011-07-05 01:46:28 [INFO] [PailStone] Finished Loading. (3.3)

2011-07-05 01:39:19 [INFO] [PailStone] Vincent created a sign of type SEND.
    2011-07-05 01:41:03 [INFO] [PailStone] Vincent created a sign of type RECV.
    2011-07-05 01:41:08 [INFO] [PailStone] Vincent created a sign of type RECV.
    2011-07-05 01:41:13 [INFO] [PailStone] Vincent created a sign of type RECV.
    2011-07-05 01:41:20 [INFO] [PailStone] Vincent created a sign of type RECV.
    2011-07-05 01:41:28 [INFO] [PailStone] Vincent created a sign of type RECV.
    2011-07-05 01:41:34 [INFO] [PailStone] Vincent created a sign of type RECV.
    2011-07-05 01:41:38 [INFO] [PailStone] Vincent created a sign of type RECV.
    2011-07-05 01:41:45 [INFO] [PailStone] Vincent created a sign of type RECV.
    2011-07-05 01:41:53 [INFO] [PailStone] Vincent created a sign of type RECV.
    2011-07-05 01:41:59 [INFO] [PailStone] Vincent created a sign of type RECV.
    2011-07-05 01:42:05 [INFO] [PailStone] Vincent created a sign of type RECV.
    2011-07-05 01:42:11 [INFO] [PailStone] Vincent created a sign of type RECV.

and

2011-07-05 01:46:50 [INFO] Vincent lost connection: disconnect.quitting
    2011-07-05 01:46:50 [INFO] Connection reset
    2011-07-05 01:46:59 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at 151, 71, 22 with reason:
    2011-07-05 01:46:59 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at 151, 69, 18 with reason:
    2011-07-05 01:46:59 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at 144, 64, 14 with reason:
    2011-07-05 01:46:59 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at 150, 72, 15 with reason:
    2011-07-05 01:46:59 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at 148, 70, 14 with reason:
    2011-07-05 01:46:59 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at 146, 70, 14 with reason:
    2011-07-05 01:46:59 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at 144, 70, 14 with reason:
    2011-07-05 01:46:59 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at 144, 70, 23 with reason:
    2011-07-05 01:46:59 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at 146, 70, 23 with reason:
    2011-07-05 01:46:59 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at 148, 70, 23 with reason:
    2011-07-05 01:46:59 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at 148, 67, 23 with reason:
    2011-07-05 01:46:59 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at 146, 65, 23 with reason:
    2011-07-05 01:46:59 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at 144, 63, 23 with reason:
    2011-07-05 01:46:59 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at 147, 70, 14 with reason:
    2011-07-05 01:46:59 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at 145, 70, 23 with reason:
    2011-07-05 01:46:59 [INFO] [PailStone] Invalidating sign at 147, 66, 23 with reason:
    Sign was either gone or had different text. pailstone.jpg

EDIT: it's not a bug of plugin, if you have this bug go to this thread : http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/signs-being-erased-in-random-chunks.24681/

12. Offline

Hafnium

Ok, that's bizzare. I'm going to go add more debug to see if we can track this down. Could everyone with this problem give me a list of plugins they have enabled?

13. Offline

shell64

my plugins used:

WaterproofRedstone, ClothCommand, ControllerBlock, BorderGuard, BukkitPiston, BlocksOnGlass, xAuth, PorteCoulissante, Permissions, RetractableBridge, AutoMessage, PailStone, TimeFold, Superpickaxe, VanishNoPickup, Essentials, Whitelist, EssentialsSpawn, EssentialsGeoIP, EssentialsChat, EssentialsProtect

my logs + plugins directory in a zip :

http://www.winlsd.org/plugins.and.logs.zip

14. Offline

r0lf

Hi,
    very nice plugin, which works fine for me! I have a little request/question. Is ist possible to run the trigger command through the console? I set the flag for Players to "@" but the console doesn't return anything. If you could do this, it would put the Plugin from "amazing" to "absolutlely perfect"!

15. Offline

Hafnium

Consider that confirmed for the next release r0lf. Just coded it in for you now.

r0lf likes this.
  16. Offline

r0lf

BIG THX! This finally allows my "QR-Code powered piston door"-dream come true! :)

17. Offline

TheGurw

Hey Hafnium, I was wondering if it was possible to create a command sign at all. It would send a command as Console when the input switches to high.
    Code:
    | :COMMAND
    | <commandline1>
    | <commandline2>
    | <commandline3>
    It could use wrapping to read lines 2,3,&4 as one command for those lengthy commands that don't fit.

Using this sign, I could create a button that makes CommandBook make it daytime, or combine it with :CTIME and have Dynmap do a full render everytime the server hits daytime, etc etc etc. The possibilities would obviously be limited only by the number of commands the Console can run!

18. Offline

James Lawrence

I don't think it's your plugin that's causing this, we have the problem on our server also, but it effects all signs in a chunk, not just the pailstone signs. Regular signs, Pailstone, Lockette, any SIGN is erased in the chunk for some reason. It even goes as far as clearing out chests in the chunk as well.

PorteCoulissante, Permissions, RetractableBridge, Essentials and Pailstone are the only plugins Shell64 and I have in common it seems.

19. Same problem as Shell64 and James Lawrence. Bukkit 953, Plugins:
    AdminChat
    advanced bans v0.4_2
    bcVote
    BinarySkates
    BookWorm
    ChangeName
    CommandHelper
    CoorTeleport
    Dynmap
    EasyTP
    EggRenade
    Factions
    FirstLastSeen
    Friendlies
    GiveTo
    GoldenRevive
    HeroicDeath
    HeroSpawn
    iChat
    InvClear
    Landmarks
    LogBlock
    LogBlockQuestioner
    LWC
    MagicSpells
    MultiInv_2.3.0
    MultiVerse
    MyHome
    MyWarp
    NetherBan
    NoSpawn
    OpenInv
    OtherBlocks
    PailStone
    PerformaceTweaks
    Permissions
    PermissionsSQL
    PetCreeper
    PlayerList
    SpawnMob
    StealthLogin
    TeleConfirmLite
    Triggercmds
    Vampire
    VanishNoPickup
    VehicalZap
    WeatherRestrictions
    WelcomeMe
    WorldEdit
    WorldGuard
    Zeus

Awesome plugin despite this bug. I can see my users getting pissed if they make a big contraption with this and then their signs get erased.

20. Offline

Hafnium

Yeah, the blank signs is not me. I've seen reports of it on servers that don't even run PailStone, and it affects all complex blocks it would seem; chests, signs, furnaces, etc, and the only plugin I've seen common to all complaints is permissions. I'm nearly sure permissions isn't the problem either. Either way, don't report the blanking signs here anymore.

21. Offline

KuroSnow

Show Spoiler

I have this problem too. The signs are there, they have the text, it goes "Sign's Good!" And then immediately "Invalidating."

Plugins: AngryWolves, ArrowWall, Backup, bananachunk, blocksonglass, BOSEcon, cactusclub, cartdispense, chisel, Creaturebox, cursedlands, diamonddetector, dungeon, dwarfforge, elevators, flatearth, firelord, genore, giant trees, getseed, gravel2clay, heroicdeath, intellidoors, lightvote, locker, magiccarpet, magicspells, mcmmo, minecal, mobarena, mobbounty, motdadvanced, multiverse, nomovedtooquicklykick, pailstone, permissions 2.7.4 (3.1.4-3.1.5 are bugged for me), priest, quickstrasse, secretdoors, showcase, stargate + DHD, teleconfirmlite, tesla coil, textplayer, tie dye sheep, tombstone, tossers, virtual chest, weather control, world edit, world guard, wrath, zeldachickens

damn i have a lot. =P

22. Offline

James Lawrence

Are any of the reports not related to Pailstone on the forum? I'm looking all over the forum/net for this bug trying to find the common attribute...

so far out of the 4 known cases I've come across THE ONLY common plugins are Pailstone and Permissions no other plugins exist across all cases.

I'm not pointing fingers just investigating.

23. Offline

Hafnium

Pailstone doesn't make any calls to chests, ever. If PailStone is causing it, its still because of a error in bukkit. I'm looking into the auto-invalidating signs. Do ALL PailStone signs automatically invalidate? I have a feeling this isn't a bug, but rather an incompatibility.

24. Offline

James Lawrence

ok, I have no clue how things works as far as calls to what so I'm just going to throw stuff out, sorry if it's now how it works or if I'm asking wrongly. Also, no not ALL signs do I have signs in a row spanning across 2 chunks, only 1 chunk worth erased the others are fine.

Is there anything new with checking permissions since 953?

I know it's just chunk based, and it doesn't make a call to a chest, it's the signs specifically and the chests in question are only those with signs on them in my case (Lockette Plugin)

so the problem is with Signs and Chunks atleast... I have a thread already made in the help section

http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/signs-being-erased-in-random-chunks.24681/

If there is an incompatibility then I'd like to find out what plugin... I'd rather have pailstone then many many of my other plugins.. your plugin is awesome.

25. Offline

KennethFoxhart

Hmmmm.... A how to install or readme would be nice.... :S
    But it looks awesome! :D

26. Offline

Hafnium

Working on the website as we speak. I'm not wring an installation guide though, you just drop the jar in the plugins folder.

27. Offline

NVX

Heyia, is there a way to make PailStone rescan signs? My use case is for when a structure containing redstone circuits is //copy //pasted etc to either rescan all in a region, or being able to punch a sign/etc to have it rescan that particular sign would work.

28. Offline

Hafnium

I'm looking into adding a command that scans all signs within a certain radius for unloaded PailStone signs. Unfortunately, signs that require data not displayed on the sign, :disp and :announce at the time of writing, will not scan in. The only way around this would be communication between the plugin doing the copying and PailStone.

29. Offline

NVX

Yeah, that makes sense and is understandable, let me know if you require any help testing that feature, I have an automatic cannon that sometimes misfires and blows itself sky high :)

30. Offline

Hafnium

31. Offline

NVX