[Mech] NoDrown v1.0 - [MOVED]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by feildmaster, Jul 3, 2011.

1. Offline

feildmaster

2. Offline

Deathlysteve-

nice simple plugin
    can u make it so you cant drown in certain areas/regions?

3. Offline

feildmaster

@Deathlysteve- I'd rather not. But if you'd give me an example for the reason, and how I should try and detect the areas/regions..

4. You actually did more than 2 lines of code.faint. :D

Deathlysteve- likes this.
  5. Offline

feildmaster

Yeah I've been doing more coding than usual the past 2 days.

Deathlysteve- likes this.
  6. Well thats awesome :p

7. Offline

JorganPubshire

If you wanted to add one more line of code, you could make it so there is no drowning only if the player is wearing a certain helmet. i.e.
    if(event.getPlayer().getInventory().getHelmet().equals(Item.DIAMOND_HELMET)){
    event.setCanceled(true);
    }

8. Offline

WindTag

Thanks a ton, this is exactly what I wanted, no BS about helmets or anything, and unfortunately, no, Gills didn't do what I was trying to make it do by default, but hopefully this will do what we need. I appreciate the time you took to program this. Everyone on my server is happy to be able to build in that giant crater we made and not drown or fly up for air. :V

jamesbosley likes this.
  9. Offline

SuicidalCooki3

Would you mind if I expanded on this plugin or helped you create a new more advanced version? I would give you credit of course.

10. Offline

feildmaster

11. Offline

AlbireoX

Huh, I don't think you need to give credit for something that just disables damage from drowning. That's ONE line of code.

12. Offline

feildmaster

lol. it really is just 1-2 lines. not much of a plugin. ^^

13. Offline

jamesbosley

No this is great! Lightweight and simple is the way to go. I agree with WindTag. No additional features needed. There are other plugins if that's what folks want. Please keep it current with the Bukkit releases.

14. Offline

feildmaster

This code will NEVER need to be updated. Ignore the "recommended/tested" build because this shouldn't ever break. (ever)

15. Offline

feildmaster