Inactive [MECH] MultiInv V2.4.1 - Per World Inventories [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Pluckerpluck, Feb 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

xZise

Okay, in the config.yml is the first setting "false" and it is not working. false means for me: "not sharing between all worlds". ;) So I suggest to change the comment, because the purpose is the other way around.

Fabian

2. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Really? I thought dying in the nether was supposed to respawn you in the main world.

3. Offline

Felonu

This is true for most worlds but the built in nether respawns you in normal world... will this be a problem with this plugin? If so does anyone know of a way to change it so you get spawned in the nether if you die there?

4. @tehbeard I'd definitely try and call your own teleport event then. There may be a lot of plugins that rely on teleporting so it would be good to throw and event... though some plugins may try to cancel it for some reason... you may want to check for that.... see how bukkit does that.

I was thinking pre-nether (dying in world2 puts you in world2)... notch's nether support is coming soon but yes, that will be a problem. Inventory sharing also doesn't currently work in the nether so it's a method to transfer items to the main world. I'm adding nether support first so as long as you share nether with your main world it will work. I'll have to work on respawning because it's a buggy system and only then will notch's nether work properly. It's sort of sad that there's only 1 nether for all the worlds....

If that's not a plan in bukkit then maybe someone (or I might later) will create a plugin that creates (if it doesn't exist) and teleports you to a separate nether for each world. Yes, can anyone tell me if that exists? If it doesn't I'll work on that really soon...

5. newest RB fixed my teleport on logout issue, thanks for the help plucker :)

6. Offline

DutchCraft

Can't seem to find any interfearing plugin for the respawning on the normal world on death , making item duplication possible.

Got any suggestions?

Using these plugins:
    BigBrother
    Commandbook
    dynmap
    General
    iChat
    Minequery
    Permissions
    Simplehome
    SimpleSave
    Spawnmob
    Spyeradmin
    SpyeradminCommands
    SpyerFun
    Woolswitch
    Worldborder
    Worldedit
    WorldGuard
    xAuth
    Xgraftgate
    Godpowers
    MultiInv

7. Offline

Felonu

What worlds do you use?

8. Offline

DutchCraft

Normal World called World
    Survival World called Monsterworld

On death on the Survival world, i get respawned back to the Normal world with no items, so reset of the normal world inventory.
    And when i go back in the portal, i have all items i just died with + the items lay on the ground on deathspot.

Edit:
    Fixed it by letting my java programmer program a SurvivalFix for it, that plugin handles my if death spawn on deathworld. I could not find a single setting or plugin interfearing with the respawing. And for now it is fixed for me.

9. Offline

Oscarius

So how exactly do I convert my inventories from 2.1 to 2.2? I tried the tool and it said conversion completed but the files weren't modified.

10. 1) Did you select the second option (2.1 -> 2.2)
    2) Did you actually select the actual files (not folders)? (Try selecting just one and converting... see if it's a strange bug)
    3) If all else fails, send the inventories over to me and I'll try convert them tomorrow. If there is a bug that'll also help me find it. All it does is change the key to "MultiInvInventory" rather that "w:world". Not sure why it wouldn't work.

CommandBook, General, SimpleHome (if you spawn at home) I think have the ability to set "spawn". I have no idea if this is a global spawn but I'd guess they're the plugins you want to look at as most likely to cause spawning cross worlds. Also note, I have absolutely no idea what simpleSave does and don't use xAuth (though I'm pretty sure that doesn't set spawn on death...) and am not sure of all the abilites of XcraftGate but I didn't think that set spawns either.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  11. Offline

DutchCraft

Yeah the /setspawn could be it, But I tried debugging by deactivating plugins and reload for every plugin and i could not fix it.

My java programmer made a little Survivalfix.jar which checks the world you die on, and respawns you to that world. It fixed my problem

If any people need it, tell me and i will give it out.

12. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

General at least sets spawn on a per-world basis, so I doubt it's the culprit. CommandBook I would guess is the same way.

13. Offline

DutchCraft

I tried disabling everyone of my plugins for a debug, it did not fix itself. That is why we created a fix ourself.

14. Am I right in saying you are meant to spawn in the world you die in? I'm sure that what you used to do and what it did when I tested this plugin. Crazy... anyway, I'll try to fix this later today. But I need to say this:

I am going to be away for a lot of the next month... On the first Monday I'm going on holiday for about week. I then get a few days back and then I'm off again for three weeks (with absolutely no outside contact). So I'm not sure what'll happen if the plugin breaks... especially as nobody else can edit the front page so even if there is a fix, chances are most people won't see it. If anyone has any idea, please tell me.

15. Offline

DutchCraft

This was my problem:
    Users had the same inventory as the Normal World when entering Survival World. I installed multiinv to get seperated inventories.

Then i found out when i die in survival world it sends me back to Spawn in Normal World, therefore deleting my Normal World inventory and keeping my Survival Inventory. This way the user could die over and over again and pick up his stuff. ( duplicating ).

The fix we made just checks the world you die on and then spawns you in that world at spawnpoint.

Feel free to try it out:
    http://www.nedercraft.nl/pq/SurvivalFix.jar

Source can also be available if people want it, Im getting the source tonight.

16. Offline

erdrickk

I have an interesting issue I hope someone could solve....

My Main world is a Vanilla world - its file name is world and the nether world is world_nether

My secondary world is an RPG World that I want separate from the Vanilla world for obvious reasons.

So I set that all up with MultiInv (I am using it to share inventories with RPG and yet another world, not vanilla) - works fine but I found a loop hole.............

If you go to the nether from the RPG world - so from the secondary world to the main world's nether the items come with you...... The bad part

You exit the nether which takes you back in to the default world (Vanilla) and those items still come with you!

So you go from Secondary world --> Nether (main world nether) --- > main world (Vanilla) and you can haul over all your loot that way

Sorry for the confusing explanation - I hope someone else has had this issue and can solve it

17. That's a known problem as notch's nether uses a different bukkit method to teleport players so the plugin doesn't catch it.

I'm working on that today and should have a fix out later if:
    1) Nothing unexpected (in code or real life) suddenly crops up
    2) This cold/headache I have doesn't incapacitate me. Yesterday I just felt exhausted all day and, with the fact that my room is the hottest in the house, I couldn't bring myself to do anything on my PC. But today is feeling better, found a fan, got good sleep. I should complete the fix today (potentially the respawn fix as well).

And @chriskevini

I sort of never replied to this but if you rename the jar to just MultiInv.jar it should work with CraftBukkitUpToDate... unless I was removed from it...
    If that's the case, ask in the thread to add http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11060086/MultiInv.jar as the fixed MultiInv link.
    (Though I only update that if I've properly tested so forum is still slightly more up to date)

But on that note, I've updated the plugin to Version 2.3! That should fix the nether portals not working (if you want to share it don't forget to put world_nether into the shares.properties). And respawning now once again works if you respawn cross worlds.

There might be a slight delay in getting your items back (due to the fix I had to do) but because you have no items you can't dupe anything unless you have a plugin that lets you keep your items on death... in which case you may be able to dupe stuff depending on the plugin... so I may need to talk with that plugin dev.

Ah, I forgot about this when I released 2.3 and it's hard for me to change now because I shutdown the PC with the plugin and am on my laptop before sleeping...

But yes... that config file makes no sense with that health line. I'll change if for the next version.

Edit: I thought this forum auto merged posts... or is that only within a short time spawn.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 9, 2016
  18. Offline

xZise

Okay ;) Thank you. If you know to set it to true, it is working. Although the lag is annoying, but you already said, it isn't possible to instantly set the health after teleportation. Maybe create a pull request for (Craft)Bukkit, so you could improve the behaviour.

Fabian

19. If I get time I'll work on that, or might try to get someone else with some spare time to do it for me. For example, it would also be useful to be able to set the inventory after respawn which isn't possible. Have to delay that as well.

20. Offline

maveok

Could you please update the source code on your git repo?

21. Offline

Darcion

download for 2.3 isnt working yet

22. I'll try to do that asap

Dropbox seems to be dead... and now it's working again

23. Offline

xZise

:confused: git push :D

Fabian

24. Well, it's more than that. I've lost the git files on the pc... so I'll probably just create a new repo.

*sigh* forgot I'd have to set up github again on the new pc because I didn't copy the .ssh folder...

Anyway, source is back up to date I think.

Edit: Fixed RB number

25. Offline

xZise

Didn't tested that but if you could use the console and you are in your project's root directory:
    Code:
    git init
    git remote add origin [email protected]:Pluckerpluck/MultiInv.git
    git fetch origin
    And you are mostly done. Then you simply have to add your changes above the git repository data. Maybe there is a better way, but I would do this like following:
    Code:
    git branch -m update
    git checkout -b master origin/master
    git merge update
    git branch -d update
    git push
    Maybe for the git push you need to specific remote and branch:
    Code:
    git push origin master
    But as I couldn't guarantee that this is working, please make a backup before and push only, if did what you want.

Fabian

26. Offline

maveok

Thanks a lot. Great work, by the way. Open source is great too ;)

27. Offline

EnzoFX

Does anyone have a simple setup guide to get this working easily with the nether? That is keeping the inventory from whatever normal world when teleporting to the nether.

28. Offline

dwdminecracked

I think our users have found an unknown bug! When ever someone is in a crafting-table, and input all the items in that crafting-table that they would like to have imported to another world, then over a voice server (TS3) telling another user to /tpa request them. Once they are tele. all the items that have been placed into the crafting-table follows them into the other world, therefor exploiting our economy system. Is the bug common? Is it something I am doing wrong? Can you help? Is this useful?

Plugins Used:

Authme
    BorderGuard
    Bukkit-home
    BukkitScrap
    ColoerdSigns
    Essentials
    EsentialsSpawn
    iChat-p3
    iConomy
    jobs
    lwc
    minequery
    mulitverse_2.3.0
    MulitVerse
    NoCheat
    p2aliases
    Permissions 3.X
    Permissionsplus
    permissionsql
    scheduledannouncer
    worldedit
    worldguard

3 Worlds One in which you are not allowed to spawn items another in which you are.

29. If you teleport to the nether from a normal world (any world) you go to world_nether. Because of that the only safe way is to share "world" with "world_nether" as otherwise transferring of items is allowed. I could make it so you keep the inventory you come from but there would be ways to cheat and send over items. So if you want a nether per world you'll have to add them using multiverse (or similar) and manually portal to them.
    If you still need help feel free to ask.

That's amazingly useful! I had to ensure that users couldn't quickly "hold" and item in mid-air (with the cursor) during teleport (which I never got to thoroughly test) but I forgot about the crafting table area.

Assuming I can detect what's in the crafting table I will fix this. Otherwise it may take some time to fix...... i'm looking at it taking some time because I can't see an easy way to see it... which means I get the joy of looking into craftbukkit code. Unless you're willing to get BukkitContrib and force your users to use the client mod. Add's some nice functionality to them and may become more popular in the future, but mainly creates an expanded server side api to control the client side (which I suppose could be hacked in terms of tricking the servers that rely on client info). But BukkitContrib definitely has better inventory hooks.

Edit: Only an extra server plugin that adds functionality would be needed.

30. Offline

Celtic Minstrel

Should be able to detect what's in the crafting table in a similar manner as you detect what they're holding, I think. As for BukkitContrib, the inventory parts of it, at least, shouldn't need any client mod; they're based on my own draft of inventory hooks to hopefully get into Bukkit core, after all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.