Inactive [MECH] MoreMinecartStarter 1.3.1 -- Gets your minecarts started [1.2.3-R0.1]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by zhuowei, Jul 31, 2011.

1. Offline

zhuowei

This is an updated version of MinecartStarter.

I take no credit for this; I literally changed one line in the original plugin for it to run.

MoreMinecartStarter - Starts your minecarts:
    Version: v1.3.1

This is a basic plugin that spawns a minecart on the track and gives it a push in the direction you are facing. After spawning the cart it places the player in and when the player exits the cart it removes it from the world reducing clutter.

Features:

• Spawns minecart at player
    • Puts player in minecart
    • Gives cart momentum in direction player is facing (if capable)
    • Deletes cart from world once player exists (only if cart was spawned by plugin)
    Download .jar file
    Source on Github

Usage
    Stand on track
    Face direction you want to go
    Type /minecart
    This plugin supports SuperPerms. Add micro.minecartstarter.can to any groups you want to be able to use the command.

Plugin review by SeaborgiumMC:

Changelog:
    Version 1.3.1 (March 5th, 2012)
    • Updated to new Bukkit event system
    • Removed dependency on Permissions 3.x plugin, switched to SuperPerms
    • minecarts spawned with command made invincible to avoid people breaking carts and getting free drops
    • Now recognizes powered and detector rails
    Version 1.1
    • Updated for Bukkit build 1000
    • Renamed to MoreMinecartStarter
    Version 1.0
    • Initial release
    Test the 1.3 beta version: Download

daveralph1234, DirkHBo and Parrothead like this.
  2. Offline

Parrothead

Thanks so much for this!

zhuowei likes this.
  3. Offline

zhuowei

Should I change the plugin so that it is impossible to damage a minecart spawned by the plugin? That way, people can't break the minecarts and take them.

4. Offline

MonsieurApple

Approved!

ZacTheDead and zhuowei like this.
  5. Offline

Grimmy777

yes, please make it so carts can not be broken
    other then that, I LOVE THIS PLUGIN

Could you make it where they are only invincible when in the cart? or make it just ignore the left click on the cart while in it? thanks!

6. Offline

Grimmy777

I have created a version of this for my server that will remove the minecart both when it is exited and when it is damaged/destroyed and only when said minecart is created by the plugin. Please let me know if you want the source for this. Next I intend to make it ignore entity collision events.

Don Redhorse likes this.
  7. Offline

Grimmy777

anyone have issues with this causing them to fall through the tracks into the ground?

Update: Seems that for people on a laggy connection that if there is less then two blocks under the tracks that the minecart can fall through the ground and the traveler will go with it. Not sure why this is but at least I know how to stop it.

8. Offline

xsolar66

broken on RB 1185

9. Offline

zhuowei

Looking at it now.
    Edit: Current version still works for me. Could you describe your problem a bit more in detail?

10. Offline

xsolar66

EDIT: Works on normal rails, just not on power rails or detectors. Cheers! But still gets a message in chat saying /minecart each time the command is used,

11. Offline

zhuowei

A while ago I made a new version that detects power rails or detectors. I'll post it now.

12. Offline

xsolar66

is that the 'beta' test?

13. Offline

Ltcheesecracker

This made my day, Frankly. :)

zhuowei likes this.
  14. Offline

klootviool14nl

I am searching for a plugin that gives minecarts a trottle, so that you can "drive" the train by pressing W and S :cool:,
    this in combination with the traincarts plugin, so that very long trains dont need an enormus station to get started an stopped.

ps. sorry for bad english. im dutch :p

15. Offline

mjp1120

Can You Try To add Iconomy Support So It Chagres them evrytime they use the command

16. Offline

Pr4w

Hey,

Would it be possible to have a block that launches a cart and catches a player when activated by redstone? That would be awesome :D

17. Offline

WebConn

We wanted to suggest a block/sign that would force a cart in one direction only on a track. This way a subway system would work much better.

18. Offline

buzzito

is this plugin workin in CB1597?

19. Offline

zhuowei

I have not tested it, but I don't think that there were any API changes that would break this plugin.

20. Offline

xsolar66

yes it works. use it all the time on my server

21. Offline

Mineman2000

Can you add a command to exit the minecart? Like /mcexit or just /minecart

Would be great for railway-systems:
    When you reach a specific point on the track, the player can be exited. (can be triggered with ScriptBlock or similar plugins)

edit:
    This is already supported by minecartmania.

Yes it is. I use ScriptBlock for this:

1. Create a warp on the Track. (with e.g. Essentials Plugin)
    2. Choose a block/sign/button or whatever
    3. /sbcreate [@bypass /warp <yourwarp>] [@bypass /minecart]

there you go...
    Its not redstone, but you can use a button (makes it wireless). If it has to be redstone, use RedstoneCommands and RedstoneSigns. I'm shure you can arrange what you want with them.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016
  22. Offline

DirkHBo

Your plugin ist really great and I got rid of all those minecarts standing around and breaking down other driving carts.
    Just wanna know, if you will go to >R5.
    Or is there an alternative for the MinecartStarter?
    Thanks!

23. Offline

Jackster21

is this getting updated?

24. Offline

zhuowei

Is there an error message when you run it post R5? I don't think the code contains any deprecated functions.

25. Offline

DirkHBo

I've testet from R6 to latest 1.2dev. I'm not quite shure, if it's always the same error. Here is the output with git-Bukkit-1.1-R6-31-g0545c46-b2032jnks (MC: 1.2.3) and MoreMinecraftStarter 1.3. With MoreMinecratStarter 1.1 I recieve the same errors. If you need more information just tell me, I will try every combination.

Code:
    [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\MoreMineCartStarterPlugin_1.3beta.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/event/vehicle/VehicleListener
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:150)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:287)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:211)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:207)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:183)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:53)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:156)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:425)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:490)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/event/vehicle/VehicleListener
        at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:139)
        ... 8 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.bukkit.event.vehicle.VehicleListener
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:41)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:29)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
        ... 11 more

26. Offline

halorrr

I get this:

27. Offline

zhuowei

xsolar66 and DirkHBo like this.
  28. Offline

DirkHBo

Within a quik test it worked as it should.
    Thanks a lot!
    Code:
    MoreMinecartStarter: Enabling MoreMinecartStarter v1.3.1
    MoreMinecartStarter: Plugin enabled! (version 1.3.1)

zhuowei likes this.
  29. Offline

Parrothead

Thanks for the update!

30. Offline

SeaborgiumMC

Gonna make a plugin showcase for this, love this plugin :)

Just finished, here it is :)
    I would appreciate if you'd embed it on the first post - only if you want to of course.

Hope you like it!

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2016