[MECH] MondoChest v0.7.1 - Sort your items into the appropriate chests [1.6.4-R1.0]

Discussion in 'Archived: Plugin Releases' started by Crast, Feb 23, 2012.

1. Offline

Crast

MondoChest 0.6 is out, with the oft-asked for feature to allow customizing the list of users who can access a MondoChest bank. In addition, new support for chest open protection allows this to become a simple means of protecting a large group of chests with a single access control list.

2. Offline

Jorty

I love the idea of this Plugin but can't seem to get it to work...

I am running version 0.6 on CB 1.3.1-R2.0.

I have the signs set up, I have both the mondochest.* mondochest.admin.* permission nodes, one of my chests has iron ingots in it and the master chest also had iron ingots in it, but when I right click the sign it says: "MondoChest: Nothing to shelve"

I think I did everything right, but considering that it doesn't work, maybe not...

Also, when I do a /mondo find iron_ingot it locates the ingots in the slave chest.

3. Offline

Crast

I want to highlight two videos which showcase MondoChest and some information on how to set them up on use them. One is by mrcookiejunkie:

And the other by kyledag500:

4. Offline

Crast

Many times I get questions about MondoChest support for beta builds or development builds of Bukkit.

The reason I have such warnings on the download page about only using MondoChest with recommended builds, is that I have a commitment to the quality of my code. I personally am not willing to put out low quality code and I test extensively every release I make. I refuse to allow code which crashes in weird scenarios or otherwise has problems, especially with something like MondoChest which is managing your hard-earned ores and materials and I don't want the onus to be on server administrators to fix issues which crop up (I'm a server administrator, and I know it's a pain to rollback to a backup, so I'd rather not have a plugin which forces you to do so)

Just an overview of the things I test when making a MondoChest release, or testing it with a new RB:
    - Creating chests, shelving items, destroying chests, destroying signs, adding slaves to masters
    - I intentionally crash craftbukkit, or corrupt the save file, and so on to make sure it recovers as best as it can.
    - Every command in MondoChest is tested
    - I also personally go through multiple configuration options to make sure they all work as intended and make the behaviors do what they want.

Only after I do this do I recommend MondoChest for that version of the software.

That said, the status of both Minecraft and Craftbukkit is that of a rapid development model, and especially recently there have been far more CB beta builds than there were previously, with many times versions shuttling by before a recommended build for that version.

While MondoChest is extremely resilient, and indeed the very same version (0.6.1) of MondoChest works across 1.2.4, 1.2.5, 1.3.1, 1.3.2, RB's and 1.4.2, 1.4.4, 1.4.5 beta builds as far as I can tell with no issues, there is always a small chance that a bug in CraftBukkit or a major change in its behavior (such as happened in 1.2 with doublechests) will cause possible data loss for you, or duplication, or abuse. Because of this, I recommend highly that you make backups whenever you are testing with a beta build, because there might be bugs outside of MondoChest's control that crop up.

5. Offline

Crast

MondoChest 0.6.2-pre1 works fine with CB 1.4.6-R0.3, and I will make an official pronouncement hopefully soon.

6. Offline

Crast

MondoChest 0.6.2 was released a few days ago for CB 1.4.7-R1

7. Offline

Crast

MondoChest 0.7-pre1 is out which includes some major cool new features for big servers / PVP servers: fine-grained access control lists. I need some people willing to give it a test drive and let me know if there's any bugs.

8. Offline

Crast

MondoChest 0.7 is out, and it's the biggest change in a while for server admins: fine-grained access control lets you manage chests, as well as set up limit groups that allow a clean way to have people allow different mondochest limits for e.g. donators, moderators, admins, etc.

It is recommended you remove/rename config.yml to let it be re-generated, so you can see all the new config options available to you.

9. Offline

Crast

MondoChest 0.7 works fine with 1.5.2-R0.1, but as is usual, I don't make release versions until there's a recommended build.

10. Offline

Crast

Things still work fine with 1.7.9-R0.1. That said, I am working on a new version with some interesting new features, that will make MondoChest neater than ever.