Inactive [MECH] MiningTNT v0.4 - Choose what TNT destroys [1.2.4]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Taco, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Offline

Taco

Mining TNT v 0.4

What this plugin does:
    This plugin simply changes TNT to affect only what you want it to. This is so that people can use TNT to mine without the worry of greifing.

Features:
    - Causes TNT to destroy only stone by default
    - Other blocks can be added to what can be destroyed by TNT.
    - Allows height restrictions for TNT.
    - All settings can be found in MiningTNT.properties.
    - Creeper nerf can now be toggled on and off.
    - Adjustable block yield.
    - TNT can either set off other TNT or destroy it.

Download:
    Download MiningTNT (.jar)

Changelog:
    Show Spoiler

2/6/11:
    - Initial release.
    2/8/11:
    - Added ability to select blocks dropped.
    - Added height restrictions.
    2/18/11:
    - Fixed creepers acting like TNT.
    - Fixed block destruction system.
    - Indestructible blocks such as Adminium can no longer be destroyed with TNT.
    - Creepers can act like TNT.
    2/23/11:
    - Updated for beta 1.3
    2/26/11:
    - No more stupidly long constructor message.
    3/20/11:
    - Fixed all ore/mineral drops.
    4/8/11:
    - Fixed a conflict with HigherExplosives.
    6/7/11:
    - Fixed TNT chaining
    - Added more options to the config
    - Moved config file to plugins/MiningTNT

MuttsNuts likes this.
  2. Offline

Taco

3. Offline

ltguide

4. Offline

Taco

Missed that part, fixed now :p

5. Offline

Anselm

where is the .properties? there was none in the .rar and none was created.

6. Offline

Taco

If I forgot to change the path, it should be in the same folder as craftbukkit.

7. Offline

Manji

mc server root directory

8. Offline

Xuande08

Great pluggin! A small issue with the creepers though , I have creeper nerf set to True which I assume means that cant destroy blocks and ActlikeTNT set to true but the creepers light a fuse and damage me but no boom :( any way to get the explosion sound effect working?

9. Offline

Taco

I don't think there is a way. >.<

10. Offline

Anselm

found it thanks!

11. Offline

defthefirst

hi, i tested, work great... but i'm looking for a pluging to avoid "block dammage" in the client side.
    Any way tu avoid it ?

12. Offline

Taco

I'm sorry, but I can't say I know of any plugins like that.

13. Offline

peaced

hi there, title says 740, I guess it's not working with 766 ?

14. Offline

powback

Add permissions! That way i can give the TNT feature to trusted only :D

15. Offline

Taco

The title is the last version I tested this against. It shouldn't have any conflict with 766. If there are problems, let me know.

16. Offline

peaced

Doesnt seems to work, it simply rebuild everything I blow.
    Running Cb 766
    here is my config file
    the config file is placed in server root dir.

17. Offline

Taco

I'll test it soon and see what's wrong.

18. Offline

Daclivont

I'm getting a problem on 766 that when I lay a line of TNT the plugin fixes all the damage cause by all but the first block. :(

19. Offline

Taco

I know, I haven't figured out how to make TNT chain properly yet. This has been an issue for a while now.

20. Offline

Daclivont

Cool no problem! Thanks for making this great plugin!

21. Offline

Taco

I'm glad you enjoy it! :D

22. Offline

FatalNickle

Can somebody paste their config file please? Mine won't create it in the folder.

23. Offline

Taco

Code:
    DestroyTheseBlocks=1 2 3
    MaxAltitude=90.0
    CreeperNerf=true
    CreepersActLikeTNT=false

Try this. Save it in the folder where craftbukkit is as miningtnt.properties

24. Offline

RobotGymnast

Great plugin! I've been looking for this.

I have an idea, though: rather than saying in the config that a block can or can't be destroyed, you could have a list of which blocks you want to override explosion resistance for. If you don't want your block destroyed, you set them to something like obsidian's resistance (6000).

So a config file would look something like this, instead:

Code:
    Blocks:
        1=6000
        2=0
        3=30
    MaxAltitude=64
    CreeperNerf=false
    CreepersActLikeTNT=true

Where the blocks are BLOCKTYPE:RESISTANCE pairs.

Even the CreeperNerf option could be gotten rid of in favor of a more flexible system, with configurations for all blast power of each explosion type, like ghast fireballs and charged creepers. Something like:

Code:
    Blocks:
        1=6000
        2=0
        3=30
    MaxAltitude=64
    CreeperBlast=0

And then we could add options for all explosion types. Easy-to-parse, and much more flexible in terms of configuration. Thoughts?

Oh also, could you add a static JAR link? CraftBukkitUpToDate downloads the RAR, so it doesn't actually update the file.

EDIT by Moderator: merged posts, please use the edit button instead of double posting.

Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2016
  25. Offline

Aki Tensai

All other plugins use the plugins/[pluginname]/[pluginname].properties or similar for setting their properties. This makes the file difficult to find.

I'm wanting the TNT to be treated as normal for everything but the ores. I'm guessing that such a long list would make the plugin work really hard if I put all block ids except 14 15 16 21 56 73. Could we have the option to use a whitelist instead of a blacklist?

26. Offline

Taco

It wouldn't put much strain on the plugin at all to put a list like that. I may add a whitelist feature though for cases like this for the ease of the user.

@RobotGymnast I'm adding a .jar link right now.

27. Offline

RobotGymnast

Great, thanks.

I'd just like to point out that if my above suggestion were accepted, a whitelist would be unnecessary, as it would be a built-in capability.

28. Offline

Taco

True. Though that would be much more for the plugin to keep track of. I'm trying to keep the strain on it low so that it doesn't eat up too much RAM per explosion.

29. Offline

RobotGymnast

Could you explain this? I can't see how RAM would be consumed, though I'm not familiar with the Bukkit API. Depending on how it's arranged, I can see CPU cycles being consumed if you had to override explosion resistances stored in memory for every explosion.

30. Offline

Taco

I imagine that would be the issue, I'm not too familiar with what consumes what in runtime. I can write the code for this, but efficiency-wise, all I know is to put as little work for the computer as possible. I probably sound like an idiot right now, don't I? Well, maybe a little more uninformed on my part, but still an idiot. Nonetheless, the issue would be changing the resistance of every block affected by the explosion at the time of the explosion. This probably wouldn't be an issue for a single explosion, but for large amounts that would normally be handled fine by the server, it could be a huge issue.

31. Offline

RobotGymnast

You could very well be right that it would slow down massively. I would be more inclined to think, though, that you could simply change the explosion resistances of blocks when the server starts, and not very about it after that (unless other plugins interfere, of course). Again, I'm not too familiar with the Bukkit API, so it's rather useless to speculate. I posted about it here, so hopefully someone will be able to shed some light on the issue.