[MECH] MessageCircuit v1.2 - RedstoneChips Circuit [1060]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Richard Robertson, Mar 28, 2011.

1. MessageCircuit - RedstoneChips Circuit:
    Version: v1.2

Extends eisental's RedstoneChips plugin by adding a circuit that sends a player a message when any of its inputs receive power.
    Required: RedstoneChips

Features:
    • Any number of inputs
    • Can alert as many players as you can fit on a sign
    • Broadcast to all players if no names are specified
    Download (source in jar) http://dl.dropbox.com/u/22618541/Bukkit/MessageCircuit.jar

Configuration:
    Create a circuit with at least one input, no outputs, and no interfaces. The first sign parameter is the name of the message and the rest of the sign parameters will be player names to notify. If no names are specified, the message will be broadcast to all players.

Say I have the sign
    If any of the inputs are triggered, it will send me a message saying "myhouse triggered". If you have multiple inputs, the message would instead show "myhouse[3] triggered" and include the number of the input that was triggered.

Changelog:
    Version 1.2
    • Cut all the names shorter because of 15 character limit on signs
    Version 1.1
    • Allows message broadcast
    Version 1.0
    • Initial release

Known issues:
    • None. :3

Conan1981 likes this.
  2. Update notification. Message circuit name is shortened to comply with the new 15 character sign line length limit.

3. Offline

EvHub

Don't know if this plugin is still active or not, but i use this plugin on my server and I like it a lot, and for some reason all my message circuits stopped working. Basic circuits and sensor library circuits still work, but when i activate (click on) a message circuit nothing happens. I hope you can fix this, because I really enjoyed this plugin on my server.

EDIT: A little bit of additional information: when I do try and right click on it the console spews out "Could not pass event PLAYER_INTERACT to RedstoneChips"

4. There's nothing in MessageCircuit that could break to be honest. All it does is read the sign.

Have there been any updates to RedstoneChips? I though eisential stopped working on it.

5. Offline

EvHub

@Richard Robertson

Yes, RedstoneChips WAS recently updated to 0.93.

EDIT: Now that you mention it, I think that was when it broke. Also, sorry for the late reply, took me a while to see this.

6. I have started on rewriting the entire plugin for updating to the new RC and general code cleanup.