Inactive [MECH] Lightvote v1.73 - vote for day/night using commands, beds or items [1.1R5, 1.2.4]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by Zarius, May 10, 2011.

1. Offline

Zarius

Lightvote - any player can vote for day/night (based on xupwup's original Lightvote)
    Version: v1.73 (2012/03/02)

Features:
    • Voting for both day and night
    • Sleeping in a bed starts/agrees to vote for day (optional)
    • Itemvote - vote for day/night by hitting a bed with a torch (configurable)
    • Itemvote - vote no by hitting dirt with a torch (configurable)
    • Permanent day or night (optional)
    • Reminders of vote in progress
    • Voting is disabled for a while after a vote
    • Inbuilt permission system - restrict voting to a subset of players
    • Basic multiworld support (still only world 0 for permanent time)
    Download: Download | Source (GitHub) | Bug/Feature Tracker

Usage:
    /lvt day -- start/agree with vote for day (or vote no for a night vote)
    /lvt night -- start/agree with a vote for night (or vote no for a day vote)
    /lvt yes -- vote yes
    /lvt no -- vote no

Configuration (open)

The default config file looks like this:
    Code:
    # At least 'required-yes-percentage'*peopleOnServer people must vote yes, and there must be more people that voted yes than no
    # day
    required-yes-percentage-day 5
    minimum-agree-percentage-day 50
    # night
    required-yes-percentage-night 5
    minimum-agree-percentage-night 50
    vote-fail-delay 30
    vote-pass-delay 50
    vote-time 30
    reminders 2
    # enable bedvote (sleeping in a bed starts or agrees with a vote)
    bedvote yes
    # no commands - if this is enabled then all lightvote voting commands are disabled (bedvote or itemvote must be used)
    lightvote-nocommands no
    ##### Configure items for commandless voting (hitting 'itemhits' with 'iteminhand' starts/agrees/disagrees with a vote)
    # These are for starting a vote or agreeing to a vote in progress (day and night can be different if you want)
    itemVote yes
    bedvote-iteminhand-day TORCH
    bedvote-itemhits-day BED_BLOCK
    bedvote-iteminhand-night TORCH
    bedvote-itemhits-night BED_BLOCK
    # These are for disagreeing (voting no) with a vote in progress)
    bedvote-novote-iteminhand-day TORCH
    bedvote-novote-itemhits-day DIRT
    bedvote-novote-iteminhand-night TORCH
    bedvote-novote-itemhits-night DIRT
    debug-messages no
    permanent no
    use-permissions no
    The permissions file (plugins/LightVote/voteStarters.conf) consists of the names of players you wish to allow, separated by ONE space or newline. This is case insensitive. If I, for example, only want to allow myself and testuser1-3 to start votes, I could use the following config file.

Code:
    xUpWuP testuser1 testuser2 testuser3
    If you just want everyone to be able to vote, as is the default, just use:

Code:
    Alternatively you can set "use-permissions" to yes and add the "lvt.vote.time" permission to users you want to be able to vote.

The configuration files are in plugins/LightVote/LightVote.conf

Changelog:

Version 1.73 (2012/03/02)
    * updated for BukkitR5 new event system

Version 1.72 (2011/07/27)
    * added start/join permissions (lvt.vote.time.join & lvt.vote.time.start) - start permission automatically grants join permission

Version 1.71
    * removed debug message
    * default config includes use-permissions option now

Older changes (open)
    Version 1.70
    * Added permissions support (enable in config and use "lvt.vote.time")
    * Added /lvt day & /lvt night commands to start or agree with a vote (or disagree as appropriate)
    * Fixed a bug with bedVote where it wouldn't work until you used a /lvt vote

Version 1.68
    * Added option to disable itemVote.
    * Fixed bug where players could change day vote to night vote.

Version 1.67
    * Vote message should be sent only to applicable world
    * Fixed vote start message to advise /lvt help when using lightvote-nocommands
    * Fixed count error in yes/no vote count

Version 1.66

* Added itemVote (hit item X with item Y in hand to vote yes/no for day/night)
    * Added lightvote-nocommands (disables /lvt start and /lvt yes/no to use only itemVote or bedVote)

Version 1.65
    • Multiworld votes now only consider the players within the current world.
    Version 1.64
    • New feature: basic multiworld support - still only 1 vote at a time and only world 0 for permanent time.
    Version 1.63
    • New feature: bedvote. Sleeping in a bed at night starts or agrees to a vote for day. This can be turned off in the config file.
    Previous changes - see previous thread

Todo:
    • Support for Permissions plugin. (done in 1.7)
    • Support for Bukkit SuperPerms
    • (Optional) Skip night cooldown - eg. every 5 (configurable) nights that are skipped the vote day command wont work until a full night has passed.
    • Vote /lvt day and /lvt night commands (I sometimes try these commands myself :)) (done in 1.7)
    • Bedvote: only start a vote when the player is asleep, rather than immediately upon entering the bed (if possible).
    • Weather? Both commands and gameplay (perhaps totems built to vote for rain, thunder, sun).
    • Allow simultaneous votes in different worlds (currently only one global vote at a time).
    • Voting in one world disables all voting for one minute (same issue as above) - fix this.
    • Customizable messages (thanks Hawtin)
    • Ignore NPC's

Stassi, Hawtin, Linki and 1 other person like this.
  2. Offline

Zarius

Added to todo list.

Niemand likes this.
  3. Offline

Devoldo

Absolutely love this plugin! My sincerely thanks for your efforts in creating this. It has saved me some of whats left of my sanity with people halting in asking me constantly to change the time on the map.

I do have one tiny suggestion however. I know its called LightVote for a reason, but would love the incorporation of weather voting as well. I really have too many plugins as it is, and do not want to install yet another plugin for something so foolish. So far your java abilities are superior and my RAM thanks you.

4. this is the best vote plugin but it still keeps stopping working. It will usually run for a day or two and then suddenly be stuck at a vote. To get it working again i must reload server

if you want you can see the error from the log here:

Code:
    2011-07-13 20:56:34 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Timer-35"
    2011-07-13 20:56:34 [SEVERE] java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    2011-07-13 20:56:34 [SEVERE]     at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.checkForComodification(AbstractList.java:372)
    2011-07-13 20:56:34 [SEVERE]     at java.util.AbstractList$Itr.next(AbstractList.java:343)
    2011-07-13 20:56:34 [SEVERE]     at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftWorld.getPlayers(CraftWorld.java:564)
    2011-07-13 20:56:34 [SEVERE]     at com.gmail.zariust.LightVote.LVTPlayerListener.endVote(LVTPlayerListener.java:121)
    2011-07-13 20:56:34 [SEVERE]     at com.gmail.zariust.LightVote.LVTPlayerListener.access$300(LVTPlayerListener.java:25)
    2011-07-13 20:56:34 [SEVERE]     at com.gmail.zariust.LightVote.LVTPlayerListener$voteEnd.run(LVTPlayerListener.java:93)
    2011-07-13 20:56:34 [SEVERE]     at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Timer.java:512)
    2011-07-13 20:56:34 [SEVERE]     at java.util.TimerThread.run(Timer.java:462)
    This is on CB 953 and LVT 1.71

5. Offline

Zarius

Weather is on the todo list but haven't had a lot of time for this plugin recently.

I think this is the same as posted earlier and xupwup has posted a fix I just need to integrate it and test.

6. sounds good. let me know if u need any help testing

7. Offline

crjalbert

how do i change the config for multiworld support

8. Offline

Vaupell

roflmao Op's cant start votes by default :p using permissions etc on b1000 ;)

9. Offline

Bronski

Working for me with PermissionsBukkit, as op and non-op.

10. Offline

Zarius

There's no config for multiworld support - it just happens :) Votes in one world only affect that world (unfortunately you can only have one vote running at a time though).

11. Offline

crjalbert

ok thanks i get it now

12. Offline

XLighterShadowX

it would be awesome if you added a weather vote for sun or storm cause rain in most servers is too common and that can be a bitch. please consider

13. Offline

tjb0607

You should make it treat weather like normal beds, and reset the weather clock after changing the time.

14. hello :) can this be multiworld? :) id like to just completely disable it in some worlds

yea i just disabled it on some worlds via permissions :)

thx for a great plugin.

15. Offline

Zarius

Doh... of course *slaps forehead*

I kinda forgot about that and made a fancy new "worlds" permission bit which is pointless :D

On the plus side - there is now start/join permissions for that person that wanted them.

16. Offline

Sejsel

Great plugin, however it does not work with Citizens. Can you please fix it to work with that plugin?
    Code:
    2011-08-02 01:35:25 [INFO] [LightVote:1.72] LVT: vote failed, insufficient votes (1 yes votes, 38 players, req 1.9000000000000001)

I have 15 slots on my server, this also counts the NPCs

17. Offline

Zarius

Good point - I've considered this previously and it should be doable but I hadn't added it to my todo list - now added.

18. Offline

Sejsel

Thank you, it is critical for me

19. Offline

tickleman

Thanks for your cool plugin ! I tried some votes plugins and only your almost complied mine.

I made a fork on github to add VOTE FOR SUN and TRANSLATION :
    - to enable translation files (new "language fr" line in configuration file, fr.lang.txt translation file)
    - to enable votes for sun too

I suggest you Zarius to integrate those kind of changes to your plugin, if you want those improvements (use github history bellow to see what I did change) :
    https://github.com/tickleman/LightVote/commits/master/src
    If you do not so, I suppose you will let me create a RealVote plugin based on yours, because I need these changes for my servers.

If someone is interested by this alternate version [1000 compatible] you can download the .jar here :
    http://plugins.crafter.fr/depot/zarius/LightVote/release/LightVote.jar

I let my configuration and translations files here. Notice I use CommandHelper for cool french alias to use direct commands (optional) :
    http://plugins.crafter.fr/depot/zarius/LightVote/release/

20. Offline

Zarius

@tickleman

Thanks for that - I noticed your changes and they look very cool :) Will look into pulling them into the main code (will take me a bit to work out translation stuff but looks great) - do you have other changes planned?

21. Offline

tickleman

@Zarius

No other change planned, your plugin with my modifications look perfect to me and my players.

I will probably release my translation libraries as a .jar you could include, and write an "how-to-use" tutorial as it was designed to be very easilly used into any plugin. Follow it into [DEV] plugins when it will come.

22. Offline

basman93

@tickleman /lvt night is not working, it also makes day

23. Offline

Zarius

That's probably my fault :D My testing seemed to work ok, will take another look.

24. Its very strange. If people start a vote on normal world, it will sometimes affect the space world. So suddenly there will be light in space :) and darkness continues on normal world. No-one got permissions to start votes anywhere but in the normal world.

25. Offline

Bronski

2 minor issues:

1) Sometimes it says the vote passed but the time doesn't change. It's rare and not sure what causes it.
    2) It used to be if everyone online voted, it would instantly end the timer and make the change. Now it seems like it always makes you wait out the timer. Not sure if I changed something in the config or if it's a change with 1.72.

26. Offline

XLighterShadowX

/lvt start night

27. Offline

Bronski

This plugin still fails several times a day, possibly more since updating to CB1060. Now I'm getting errors in the log too:

Code:
    2011-08-18 17:35:08 [SEVERE] Exception in thread "Timer-0"
    2011-08-18 17:35:08 [SEVERE] java.util.ConcurrentModificationException
    2011-08-18 17:35:08 [SEVERE]    at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.checkForComodification(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-18 17:35:08 [SEVERE]    at java.util.ArrayList$Itr.next(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-18 17:35:08 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftWorld.getPlayers(CraftWorld.java:555)
    2011-08-18 17:35:08 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftWorld.setFullTime(CraftWorld.java:409)
    2011-08-18 17:35:08 [SEVERE]    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftWorld.setTime(CraftWorld.java:398)
    2011-08-18 17:35:08 [SEVERE]    at com.gmail.zariust.LightVote.LVTPlayerListener.endVote(LVTPlayerListener.java:151)
    2011-08-18 17:35:08 [SEVERE]    at com.gmail.zariust.LightVote.LVTPlayerListener.access$300(LVTPlayerListener.java:25)
    2011-08-18 17:35:08 [SEVERE]    at com.gmail.zariust.LightVote.LVTPlayerListener$voteEnd.run(LVTPlayerListener.java:93)
    2011-08-18 17:35:08 [SEVERE]    at java.util.TimerThread.mainLoop(Unknown Source)
    2011-08-18 17:35:08 [SEVERE]    at java.util.TimerThread.run(Unknown Source)
    I guess I'll look at other plugins. This one seems to be unloved :p

28. Offline

c4ss

Great Plugins, thanks for making it.
    One suggestion: Could you round down the needed number of players in a vote? It kinda sucks, if 5 people vote yes, but 5,28 are needed. :(

29. Offline

Zarius

Hmm... could look at it but have been very busy lately with other plugins/life in general :) As Bronski noted above I haven't been able to get to this one for a while.

If anyone's got time could they try out the Vote plugin and let me know what features they feel LightVote has over the Vote plugin (I know about BedVote/ItemVote being unique)?

Vote has many more features (full weather voting, kick/ban voting and even custom command voting) and is being actively maintained/updated so I'm thinking about attempting to merge the unique features of LightVote into Vote and asking RabidCrab to include the changes.

30. Offline

Bronski

Ah thanks for posting. I'm semi-settled on TimeAndWeatherControl after trying Vote, BukkitVote, and bcVote. That guy seems to be willing to tweak his stuff to make it more like what I had in LV too (*cries softly*).

31. Offline

Zarius

What particular didn't you like about Vote? Really helps to know :)

I have the source-code and Rabid-crab seemed willing to pull changes if I added some LightVote features into it - much less work than me trying to re-invent the wheel.