Inactive [MECH/FUN] Vampire v3.3 - The horror continue on your server [766]

Discussion in 'Inactive/Unsupported Plugins' started by TrainYourBrain, May 8, 2011.

1. Offline

TrainYourBrain

Hey guys,

Since Olof Larsson's vampire plugin seems to be inactive I will continue his great job, you can check the original version at Vampire Original Topic.
    All credits go to Olof Larsson, I've done some fixes that's all.

Please if you find something weird or if you want something to be added or even a bug, please tell me ;-)

Current version: 3.3
    Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/bukkit-vampirem/files/3.3/Vampire.jar/download
    Source : https://sourceforge.net/projects/bukkit-vampirem/files/3.3/

This plugin add the horror of vampirism to your minecraft server.
    Any player may turn into a vampire if they contract the infection and doesn’t manage (or doesn’t care) to cure themselves in time.
    The plugin is fully configurable, see the "Configuring the plugin" section.

Turing into a vampire
    To become a vampire you must first contract a certain infection. This infection will make you sicker and sicker until you finally turn into a vampire. If you want to stop the infection you can either eat bread or use a good altar (read more about altars further down).
    There are three ways to contract the infection:

1. Fight against vampires in close combat. For each attack (from either you or the vampire) there is a 1/30 risk that you will contract the infection.
    2. Use an evil altar. Any player can build such an altar (read more about altars further down).
    3. Ask a server operator to infect you. There is a server command for this.
    After you contract the infection you have one hour (real time not game time) before you turn. This is about 3 minecraft day night cycles.

Since version 3.0 it exists two vampire types : The TrueBlood and the Common.
    The main difference is TrueBlood can infect other player, whereas Common can't.
    True Blood are those who turn into vampire thanks to an evil altar.
    The common are human infected (and turn) because of an other vampire.

A human become True Blood vampire using an evil altar.
    A human become Common vampire when a TrueBlood vampire attack him.

Being a vampire
    Vampires…

• Burn in sunlight, but not when it's raining/snowing/thundering.
    • Take no fall damage.
    • Can breath underwater… or rather does not need to breathe at all.
    • Has a reservoir of blood between 0 and 100.
    • Must drink blood from humans or animals to not die from starvation.
    • Can not eat normal food except fresh pork to recover blood.
    • Regenerates health automatically. (costs blood)
    • Won’t be attacked by monsters unless the vampire attacks first.
    • Can jump and fly using a red rose. (costs blood)
    • Deal more damage in close combat.
    • Take less damage in close combat except for attacks from wooden weapons which hurt them a lot.
    • Occasionally infects others in close combat.
    A vampire is considered to stand in sunlight if it is daytime and the blocks above the vampire is too transparent. So for example a vampire will burn under a clear sky but be safe under a cobblestone roof. If the roof was made of glass the vampire would burn. It is possible for vampires to take cover under trees if they are thick enough. It takes 4 leaf-blocks to block the sun… etc.

To drink blood a vampire must damage other humans or animals. So if you are a vampire you will find that it is possible to go the vegetarian way… however humans are much more tasty (you get much more blood from them than animals). It is important to keep track of your blood supply. Use the v command every once in a while. If blood is over 50 the regenerate ability will work. You will slowly heal your wounds automatically at the cost of blood. However if you blood is below 50 you are thirsty and will slowly loose health. If blood is below 20 you are very very thirsty and will loose health fast.

Curing a vampire
    The only way to cure a vampire (except for the admin cheat command) is to use a good altar.

Altars
    There are two types of altars. Good ones and evil ones. These altars can be built by any player. The evil altar can be used to contract the infection that after a while will turn you into a vampire. The good altar can stop the infection and even cure already turned vampires. The altars are made of one main block and 20 nearby blocks:
    Note how I wrote nearby. To be more precise nearby means within a radius of 7 blocks away from the main block. This means you may design your altar how you like. Put the secondary blocks in any way you think look nice [​IMG]

To use the altar you right-click on the main block (gold or lapis).

Configuring the plugin

Show (open)

So there are 4 configuration files :
    • Conf.json include general Vampire plugin variables.
    • Lang.json contains all the text. (So this is the file you'll need to translate if you don't want the text to be in English ;))
    • TrueBloodConf.json contains attributes about TrueBlood vampire.
    • CommonConf.json contains attributes about Common vampires.
    FAQ :

First, to configure the plugin, edit the conf.json file located in Vampire directory.

How can I change the necrosis system radius effect ?

Set the radiusSpreadingNecrosis value to true/false.

How to enable/disable the things becoming death when vampire are close to them (spreading necrosis system) ?

Change "allowSpreadingNecrosis" value to true or false (respectively enable/disable).

How to enable/disable draining blood over time ?

Change "allowBloodLoss" value to true or false (respectively enable/disable).

How to change the color vampire name when the vampire send a message in chat box ?

Change the following variable that are use to set the vampire name color and the message color of a vampire :

"vampireChatNameColor": "RED",
    "vampireChatMessageColor": "WHITE",

Commands
    The base chat console command is /v or simply v. This means you don’t need to write the forward slash if you don’t feel like it. [​IMG]

The base command v can be used by vampires to display their current blood reservoir. There are also the following subcommands for server operators (OP):
    • v infect [playername] *[amount from 0 to 100]
      The player turns into vampire at infection 100. 0 means no infection.
    • v turn [playername] [TrueBlood]
      Instantly turn a player into a common or trueblood vampire.
      Ex: "/v turn Toto" will turn Toto in common vampire.
      "/v turn Toto trueblood" will turn Toto in True Blood vampire.
    • v cure [playername]
      Instantly cure a player from vampirism.
    • v list
      List all vampires on the server.
    • v load [config|players|all]
      Load data from disk.
    • v save [config|players|all]
      Save data to disk.
    • v time [ticks from 0 to 23999]
      Set the time. 0 means sunrise. 1 ingame hour is 1000 ticks.
    • v version
      Find out which version you are running.
    • v help
      Show help
    • v chatcolor [enable/disable]
      Enable or disable the system chat color : When a vampire write something, the vampire nickname is write in red
    • v burntime [From] [To]
      Set time when the vampires will burn. Ex: /v burntime 0 12400
    • v feed [playername][amount]
      Give blood to the vampire.
    Installing

1. Download the latest release: https://sourceforge.net/projects/bukkit-vampirem/files/3.3/Vampire.jar/download
    2. Put Vampire.jar in the plugins folder.
    A default config file will be created on the first run. You don’t need to modify it. The default file is good. But if you feel like it you can alter all ingame messages and a lot of the game balance from there.

Updating

If you have an older version of Vampire, you may update the plugin, so the simplest way to update the plugin is to replace your current Vampire.jar by the one you downloaded and to remove Vampire directory.
    However if you don't how to delete them ('cause you've translated the conf.json for instance) you have to :
    (For instance : if your version is 1.3 do the things write in "If your version was < 2.1" but also the things write in "If your version was < 2")

Show Spoiler

If your version was < 3.2 /!\ VERY IMPORTANT

Show Spoiler

- Remove your Conf.json
    It will be created once again, when you restart your server

If your version was < 3.1

Show (open)
    Edit config.json in Vampire directory, and add the following lines :

"allowBloodLoss": true,
    "allowSpreadingNecrosis": true,
    "radiusSpreadingNecrosis": 2,
    "messageTrueBloodVampire": "You are a True Blood vampire.",
    "messageBasicVampire": "You are a common vampire.",
    "turnTrueBloodMessages": [
    "Your heart stops. You don\u0027t breathe anymore.",
    "You are now a True Blood vampire, able to infect.",
    "To see your blood supply:",
    "Type \"/v\" or simply \"v\" in the chat."
    ],

If your version was < 2.2

Show (open)
    Edit config.json in Vampire directory, and add the following lines :

"vampireNameColor": "RED",
    "vampireChatMessageColor": "WHITE",

And add this lines in the part regarding helpMessages :

"/v burntime [From] [To] Set time in which vampires will burn.",
    "/v chatcolor [enable/disable] Enable/Disable vampire player name color.",
    "/v help Show this message."

If your version was < 2.1

Show (open)
    Edit config.json in Vampire directory and remove the "Pork" item from food material :

"foodMaterials": [
    "MUSHROOM_SOUP",
    "COOKED_FISH",
    "APPLE",
    "RAW_FISH",
    "GOLDEN_APPLE",
    "BREAD",
    "GRILLED_PORK",
    "PORK" <-remove this
    ],

If your version was < 2

Show (open)
    Edit config.json in Vampire directory, and add this line between the second and third line :

"allowOPToUseAdminCommand": true,

Incompatibility with other plugins :

You'll maybe meet some bugs if you use a Weather plugins.

Changelog:

Version 3.3
    • When a human died, he may become a vampire (configurable).
    • Bug fixes
    • True Blood vampire can use different recipes than Common vampire , in order to cure.
    Version 3.2
    • Added the possiblity to vampire (True Blood and/or Common) to prevent from burning.
    • Configuration file (Conf.json) splitted in 4 :
      - Conf.json includes general Vampire plugin variables.
      - Lang.json contains all the text. (So this is the file you'll need to translate if you don't want the text to be in English)
      - TrueBloodConf.json contains attributes about TrueBlood vampire.
      - CommonConf.json contains attributes about Common vampires.
    • Red roses don't disappear if "spreading death" ability is enabled.
    Version 3.1
    • Drain blood overt time is now available and configurable.
    • Server operators can feed vampire (give blood to vampire)
    • A vampire will bring death to the world. It's mean all entity next to the vampire become dust.
      For instance, flowers will disappear, grass will become dirt, snow will melt.
    • Added True Blood vampire and Common vampire. True Blood are the vampire turn thanks
      to an evil altar, and common vampire are those infected by other vampire.
    • And other bug fixes...
    • CB 740->766
    Version 2.2

• Added : help command : "/v help"
    • Added : set burn time (time during the vamprie will burn) command : "/v burntime [From] [To]"
    • When a vampire say something in the chatbox, his/her nickname is colored in red, this feature is disable by default. Use the "/v chatcolor enable" command to enable the chat color system.
    Version 2.1

• Vampire can walk out the day when it's raining/snowing or even thundering.
    • Vampire can eat pork to get blood.
    • /v command fixed
    Version 2

• Bugs fixes when it's day light, a vampire who flight over the 127th block (y) will now burn.
    • Removed Permissions Plugin Support due to some errors (only OP can use admin command).
    • Removed Help Plugin Support due to some errors (only OP can use admin command).
    Version 1.4.1

• For CB602 -> CB617 and upwards...
    Version 1.4

• Better jump and fly ability for vampires :) Now using red rose instead of feather.
    Version 1.3

• Permissions Plugin Support
    • Help Plugin Support
    Version 1.2

To update: You should rename config.json to config.json.old. Then start server and stop it. Then paste your custom messages and changes (if you made any) into the new default config.json file.
    • There is now altars that can be built to infect and cure vampires.
    • Some bugfixes.
    Version 1.1

• Important bugfix. Players did not get infected correctly.
    Version 1.0

• The first release

2. Offline

xSh4dowXSniP3rx

Hey everyone. I was just notifying you all that i have updated trainyourbrain's code so that it is compadible with 1.7.3.

3. Offline

MG127

would be good to have a compatibility with Hungry
    (i will ask the hungry-dev too)

4. Offline

rufust

I like it. I'll look to [optionally] integrating with it.

For everyone else, I'll be creating the new official Vamp thread to bring this plugin back from the dead (pun intended).

5. Offline

The3vilm0nk3y

Thank You For Your interest in resuming this plugin.... The People on my server really want this added on.. but as it stands... its not working well... Please Let me Know when you get your version up....as I would love to have this working. Again... Thank You.

6. Offline

Xlaits

Voxel Sniper also uses "/v." Is there a way that you could make it so that I can use both Voxel Sniper and Vampires?

7. Offline

rufust

8. Offline

lilienprinz1

I could find better if you could on the day as a vampire out that would be better to go that way?

9. Offline

secret333

does it work on bukkit now

10. Offline

rufust

@secret333 yes, the plugin has been tested up to RB953. Not sure if the community is using it on greater versions than 953.

11. Offline

Swiftist

I am i just haven't tested it out yet I'm using 1000 love to update XD

12. Offline

Le PHeel

I don't seem to be the only one, but I use VoxelSniper, which uses the /v
    Is there a way to use both? (unfortunately I prioritize VoxelSniper over the Vampyres but I want both if I can!)

13. Offline

rufust

14. Offline

Master_fri

I know that you already know this, but Ghasts are not friendly to vampires. (Spawned Ghasts or Natural Ghasts.)
    Is there some way to change this?

15. Offline

Bazoka81

How do you know how much blood you have in you? Isnt it /v Blood?

16. I LOVE YOU! i was so sad because the original was inactive... :D THAAAANKS (i've first downloaded, tested and worked and now i'm posting =D )

17. Offline

nakita1423

can you make it so if you attack an NPC villager, it gives you as much blood as if it was a normal player, that would be so cool. i LOVE the mod, it's epic! thanks.

18. Offline

Stefkec

Suggestion , add "Lapis Lazuli" ring which will protect vampire from sunlight , like in Vamp diaries :D

19. Offline

Nakita1240

would it be possible to make it so the vampires can sleep (in a bed) during the day and night?
    i just think that'd be EPIC.
    i love this mod, it's SO COOL!!!
    thanks. please reply.[diamond][diamond][diamond]

20. Offline

digikids

I've updated my server and now the plugin isn't enabling?

21. Offline

lucas200206

My Vampire plugin doens't work!

22. Offline

EdChambo

Heres what i get:

Code:
    15:26:50 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins/Vampire.jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/event/player/PlayerListener
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:148)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.java:305)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager.java:230)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:207)
        at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:183)
        at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigurationManager.java:53)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:156)
        at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:422)
        at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/event/player/PlayerListener
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassCond(ClassLoader.java:631)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:615)
        at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:141)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:283)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$000(URLClassLoader.java:58)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:197)
        at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:41)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:29)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
        at com.trainyourbrain.vampire.Vampire.<init>(Vampire.java:49)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
        at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.java:39)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.java:27)
        at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Constructor.java:513)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.java:144)
        ... 8 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.bukkit.event.player.PlayerListener
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:190)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:41)
        at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:29)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:247)
        ... 27 more

23. Offline

Danielj0

I need help, whenever reload the server i get this:
    11:13:49 [SEVERE] Could not load 'plugins\Vampire (1).jar' in folder 'plugins'
    org.bukkit.plugin.InvalidPluginException: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bu
    kkit/event/player/PlayerListener
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:149)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugin(SimplePluginManager.
    java:305)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.SimplePluginManager.loadPlugins(SimplePluginManager
    .java:230)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.loadPlugins(CraftServer.java:213)
    at org.bukkit.craftbukkit.CraftServer.<init>(CraftServer.java:189)
    at net.minecraft.server.ServerConfigurationManager.<init>(ServerConfigur
    ationManager.java:53)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.init(MinecraftServer.java:166)
    at net.minecraft.server.MinecraftServer.run(MinecraftServer.java:432)
    at net.minecraft.server.ThreadServerApplication.run(SourceFile:492)
    Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/bukkit/event/player/PlayerListene
    r
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.
    java:41)
    java:29)
    at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(Unknown Source)
    at com.trainyourbrain.vampire.Vampire.<init>(Vampire.java:49)
    at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(Unknown Sou
    rce)
    at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Unknown Source)
    at org.bukkit.plugin.java.JavaPluginLoader.loadPlugin(JavaPluginLoader.j
    ava:145)
    ... 8 more
    Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.bukkit.event.player.PlayerListe
    ner
    at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
    java:41)
    java:29)
    ... 27 more

24. Offline

JayBlayk

can someone please make a version of this that actually works? i have followed all instructions, tried it in creative and survival, day and night and tried all 3 results thats you get when you search vampire on this website, someone help!?
    EDIT
    also the config file doesnt generate on run!

25. Offline

mineshaft87

This does not work with the latest server builds of 1.4.6. Have you also now given up? I heard that people don't ise craftbukkit they use like some other thing which gets plugins like heroes and magicspells working. So does this plugin still work for craft bukkit? If not what does it work on?